Oldham on the mind

As the news came in on Sunday of Big Joe stepping in to the breach once again my mind was working a mile a minute like many Oldham supporters. Due to this I had dream on Sunday night about the Tranmere game with Joe in charge so here we go-

Boundry Park was full (but it 4 stands not 3!) on a beautiful sunny day. Some good football saw us 3-0 up in the first 20 mins and we went on to win 4-0. Can't for the life of me remember the team apart from Sean Gregan and........John Eyre!?!

Just wondering if anyone else has had any Oldham inspired dreams?

Edited by LT_SMASH

As the news came in on Sunday of Big Joe stepping in to the breach once again my mind was working a mile a minute like many Oldham supporters. Due to this I had dream on Sunday night about the Tranmere game with Joe in charge so here we go-

Boundry Park was full (but it 4 stands not 3!) on a beautiful sunny day. Some good football saw us 3-0 up in the first 20 mins and we went on to win 4-0. Can't for the life of me remember the team apart from Sean Gregan and........John Eyre!?!

Just wondering if anyone else has had any Oldham inspired dreams since Joes Appointment?

John Eyre is coming back as well, and he's bringing an inflatable stand. I'm going to faint!!!

Twice in recent years I've dreamt that we win in the last minute in a home game. On both occasions, we've won the next home game 4-1 in real life.

My most recent dream though was that I was actually playing for Latics and we were away at Chelsea in the cup (I even remember the Liquidator music playing). We gave a good account of ourselves but were 3-0 down going into the closing stages, until a rebound from a corner came to me. I scuffed the shot goalwards but Lampard was able to get to it, however rather than clear it he comically sliced the ball into the top corner of his own net. We all celebrated wildly as, even though we were about to lose, we'd got the consolation goal we deserved. In celebrating we tried to involve Lampard as, after all, he had scored the goal for us. However he didn't see the funny side and a big brawl broke out. It all calmed down then at the final whistle I attempted to apologise for the situation to John Obi Mikel by saying 'goodbye' in Japanese. He looked at me a bit funny then taught me some more Japanese as we headed down the tunnel.

No dreams since Big Joe took over unfortunately but I'll keep you posted!

Twice in recent years I've dreamt that we win in the last minute in a home game. On both occasions, we've won the next home game 4-1 in real life.

My most recent dream though was that I was actually playing for Latics and we were away at Chelsea in the cup (I even remember the Liquidator music playing). We gave a good account of ourselves but were 3-0 down going into the closing stages, until a rebound from a corner came to me. I scuffed the shot goalwards but Lampard was able to get to it, however rather than clear it he comically sliced the ball into the top corner of his own net. We all celebrated wildly as, even though we were about to lose, we'd got the consolation goal we deserved. In celebrating we tried to involve Lampard as, after all, he had scored the goal for us. However he didn't see the funny side and a big brawl broke out. It all calmed down then at the final whistle I attempted to apologise for the situation to John Obi Mikel by saying 'goodbye' in Japanese. He looked at me a bit funny then taught me some more Japanese as we headed down the tunnel.

No dreams since Big Joe took over unfortunately but I'll keep you posted!

Now thats a class dream. Forget the Royle link, anyone got any more Oldham related dreams past or present?

I've had a few Latics dreams where I've been playing. Everyone's aware that I'm not a pro / signed to the club but despite these minor quibbles I usually battle my way to a scrambled goal.

For some reason though, the matches always start off at Boundary Park before changing into either waste ground, school playing fields or, wait for it...Royton precinct!

Freud would've had a field day.

Now thats a class dream. Forget the Royle link, anyone got any more Oldham related dreams past or present?

Mine last night was Latics related.

It involved a cucumber and the woman at the ticket office with the nice norks. I won't go on as Razza might moan about my 'armless banter.

Had a dream the other night about playing upfront for a conference team with Adebayor, and then playing rubbish because he was substituted. I then had to go and see the club doctor cause my inhalor fitted on my nose had fell off...and I threw it at the opposition?

Last night though, definatly resulted in after reading this thread. Royle took over in his first game in charge against United and handed me the captaincy before the game because Gregan was Sheridan's captain and not his. I had a quiet word with Gregan outside and told him that I wanted him to act a leader on the pitch and strangely, he didnt punch me.

The team then went out onto the pitch to warm up and I was applauded by the fans...I made some poor passes to Alessandra, and I felt dizzy, passed out and still completed the game without me knowing.

I got home and watched the game on sky, my dad bollocked me for playing :censored:, and showed me that the first goal was my fault, someone scored at the back post in the first minute where i wasnt marking them, and we lost 3-0 in the end.

Strange!

Just wondering if anyone else has had any Oldham inspired dreams since Joes Appointment?

i haven this week had a dream but every season i have a dream of latics in the play offs......

this season my dream was around 3 weeks back.. the fa stopped the football season in every league in england because they said oldham athletic were too good..

we played blackpool in the play off semi finals but they were instructed to stand still by the fa while we scored as many goals as possible and we won around 30 nil......

in the play off final we played leeds united tho there was no ball.. all latics had to do to win was to kick off and for dean windass to run up to the spot where he scored for hull city in the championship play off final last season............ and do a poo.. he obliged and i actually thought it was real =D