Joe must go

He also keeps saying things like "Who know's" "At the moment it's till the end of the season" and today he said "Nothing wrong with building for the future whether I'm here for 7 games, 7 months or 7 years" and as he stated himself when he returned. He was onlly ever here on a 12 months contract the first time round! The point is he has never ruled out a longer stay and I think from all the sense he has spoken since returning, forget the sentiment he is one of the best choices we could make for next season!

Read that myself.

He's dropped some big hints about wanting to be here next season.

If Joe gets us to the play offs, that will be remarkable.

If he gets us to Wembley, that will be a miracle.

If he gets us to the Championship then it is truly the 'second coming' - I live in hope.

What he must not do is stay if these things do not come to pass, because he will surely end up leaving the club under a cloud and, for what he has done for the club in the past, he does not deserve that.

Joe now probably realises the size of the task in front of him, and if he is wise he will say goodbye at the end of the season.

In the meantime let's hope it is a 'second coming'.

Unlike some Frizzell, I read what you were trying to say.

But I don't think it is true, if he doesn;t get us up, it will not be him leaving under a cloud.

Only an idiot (and I do not think that you are, nor do I beleive you think it) would forget all that Joe achieved.

He would need time amd in all honesty, it would be difficult with such a huge turnaround to get a team promoted nedxt year.

The onyl hope is players who respect him and those that have worked with him before. ie try to build a team around a Supple, Westlake, Taylor (who must know what he means) .

If Joe does not want the job, it would be a pity for the Club to lose his undoubted skills in PR/diplomacy/man-management. I wonder if he would be interested in a role similar to Brian Horton at Hull or John Rudge at Stoke - the much-respected elder statesman with many years of management experience and lots of contacts in the game.

If Joe does not want the job, it would be a pity for the Club to lose his undoubted skills in PR/diplomacy/man-management. I wonder if he would be interested in a role similar to Brian Horton at Hull or John Rudge at Stoke - the much-respected elder statesman with many years of management experience and lots of contacts in the game.

I agree his experience and contacts could be invaluable to the club in any capacity but I reckon it's done and dusted and he'll be our manager next season.

TTA have said the budget will be smaller next year but so will everyone else's, TTA have always backed their managers and I reckon if Joe is at the helm they may have already agreed a favourable budget with him for next year!

From an unsentimental point of view, Coco, what better manager could we attract than Royle, in your opinion?

It would be pointless for me to answer that because none of those I would like to see in the role have the record that Royle has, but in my opinion lower league football management is a young mans job.

I know i'm in the majority again, but a Royle appointment wouldn't have me running to get a season ticket, to me me it's just bowing down to the masses yet again.

It would be pointless for me to answer that because none of those I would like to see in the role have the record that Royle has, but in my opinion lower league football management is a young mans job.

I know i'm in the majority again, but a Royle appointment wouldn't have me running to get a season ticket, to me me it's just bowing down to the masses yet again.

But doesn't it just tend to be full of young managers because most clubs don't the opportunity to appoint a successful, experienced manager like Royle, and appointing an up-and-comer is better than a washed-up has-been?

But doesn't it just tend to be full of young managers because most clubs don't the opportunity to appoint a successful, experienced manager like Royle, and appointing an up-and-comer is better than a washed-up has-been?

I know it sounds like i'm having a go at Joe, but why hasn't he been picked up before? He's been out of work for two years, apparently Huddersfield didn't even get back to him after he applied for the job.

As you could guess, i'm not a sentimental type, take the name Royle away and i'm not to keen on a 60 year man who's been out of the game for two years taking over.

I know it sounds like i'm having a go at Joe, but why hasn't he been picked up before? He's been out of work for two years, apparently Huddersfield didn't even get back to him after he applied for the job.

As you could guess, i'm not a sentimental type, take the name Royle away and i'm not to keen on a 60 year man who's been out of the game for two years taking over.

I understand where you're coming from, but I want to see Joe become permanent Latics manager and I don't believe I'm basing that on sentiment. I can't argue that the sentimental romance of it all isn't the icing on the cake but I think, if Royle wants the job, it's a one-off opportunity for us not to have to throw in another unproven sort as manager.

Purely out of interest, which young managers would you be looking to get, if it were your choice?

I understand where you're coming from, but I want to see Joe become permanent Latics manager and I don't believe I'm basing that on sentiment. I can't argue that the sentimental romance of it all isn't the icing on the cake but I think, if Royle wants the job, it's a one-off opportunity for us not to have to throw in another unproven sort as manager.

Purely out of interest, which young managers would you be looking to get, if it were your choice?

Gannon which I know it looks daft when comparing the two CV's, but given how he's managed to mould his own youth team, non league and released players from Prem teams it would be perfect for what we need next season with the budget being cut.