Top 5 away trips

what are your 5 favourite away trips, and please give reasons

1. Huddersfield - we normally bring a decent following and unlike some other new stadiums it does have a touch of character to it in my eyes

2. Notts County - I like Nottingham, it's a nice city and I'll always be reminded of what was one of the best performances I've ever seen from Latics, I could be living in Nottingham next season so I might adopt them as my local team

3. Brentford - Pub on every corner, I like the feeling of going down to London for an away day, and this is the most common one we seem to go on

4. Tranmere - not only are there decent boozers around there and I like the fact that your right on top of the pitch

5. Sheffield Wednesday - It's a great stadium, it's pretty local for me and you can have a few pre match pints in some decent boozers in Sheffield City centre, then get the tram up

1. Huddersfield - we normally bring a decent following and unlike some other new stadiums it does have a touch of character to it in my eyes

2. Notts County - I like Nottingham, it's a nice city and I'll always be reminded of what was one of the best performances I've ever seen from Latics, I could be living in Nottingham next season so I might adopt them as my local team

3. Brentford - Pub on every corner, I like the feeling of going down to London for an away day, and this is the most common one we seem to go on

4. Tranmere - not only are there decent boozers around there and I like the fact that your right on top of the pitch

5. Sheffield Wednesday - It's a great stadium, it's pretty local for me and you can have a few pre match pints in some decent boozers in Sheffield City centre, then get the tram up

Can we not have a poll?

Trannies - The obvious choice for banter.

Millwall - A real test of character.

Udders - Decent stadium, big pitch, banter.

Chesterfield - uncovered terracing = old skool.

Doncaster @ Belle Vue - see Chesterfield.

One in one out then! At least NEMO can live on.

Can't be bothered to think of five as I really should be working, but Hartlepool is my favourite.

1.) Newcastle- yeah i know we haven't played them in ages (unless you count the youth team game) but proper stadium in the city centre with more bars than you can shake a stick at within walking distance and Blu-Bambu for late night activities.

2.) Chelsea- smilar story except my Dad and my brother both used to live within walking distance of their ground so know which pubs to avoid and where the hidden away ones are- also I've seen us win there

3.) Maine Road- I think our record there when I've been is won 2 drawn 2 lost 0 (speaks for itself)

4.) Hudders- decent new(ish) stadium which isn't quite a soulless concreate shell (ala Donnie) and always a good atmosphere

5.) Hartlepool- well just because its so near to me

I would probably add Ashton Gate when I finally get to go whilst my brother lives over the river from it.

1) Huddersfield away- always fun trying to find pubs before police pick every fan up and finally puts them in the same pub, which is then buzzing.

2) Blackpool - Just for the pubs an bars, although the stadium is only good if its a nice sunny day.

3) Leyton Orient - Saturday was a top day out, Oldham on the train and tube, superb.

4) Leicester - was a good day out this year, wouldnt mind a cup tie against them.

5) Crewe - Good few little pubs nearby and the train station right next door.

Worst ones - Yeovil, no pubs anywhere near the ground, :censored: cider. Hereford - enough said. Wolves - was a very shady place to go for a drink. Bradford - worse than Oldham. MK Dons - I just hate the stupid industrial place. No football buzz whatsoever about it.

Worst ones - Hereford - enough said.

You're maybe letting the abomination of the day cloud you with that one. I thought it was a great away trip; an hour and a half on the train, near the town centre, shedloads of pubs, standing terrace, old skool ground. That's exactly what I like in an away game.

You're maybe letting the abomination of the day cloud you with that one. I thought it was a great away trip; an hour and a half on the train, near the town centre, shedloads of pubs, standing terrace, old skool ground. That's exactly what I like in an away game.

I enjoyed the trip there too. Just wish I hadn't bothered with the game.

This is a cross between where can we get the most drunk, decent results and a nice stadium isn't it?

1. Brighton. Terrible ground. Fantastic piss up.

2. Hartlepool. Terrible ground. Fantastic piss up.

3. Cheltenham. Terrible ground. Fantastic piss up.

4. Doncaster. Terrible ground. Fantastic piss up.

5. Brentford. Alright ground. Fantastic piss up.

Well, maybe it isn't.

Tranmere - Always go with my Tranmere ST holder mate from work and a good craic (plus our recent good record there)

Huddersfield - Good Stadium, great atmosphere and usually go with a Leeds supporting mate who lives in Huddersfield.

Leeds - good atmosphere aswell as our excellent record there, also taking the piss out of the Leeds supporting mate above.

Port Vale - Enjoy my days out there, but match result usually puts a dampener on things.

Hartlepool - Had some good days out up there, although again our results there haven't been great.

hudds- for me they are our rivals, decent crowd, and close.

tranmere- pretty similar to above.

hereford- really really really want them to stay up, good day out potentially brilliant day out.

stockport- see tranmere.

rochdale- can you spot a trend emerging?

Bradford - Only one boozer (that I know of near the ground) but plenty of pubs/bars in the city centre as soon as you get out the station..Normally take a good following..Good Roses Derby atmos...rattler train from Rochdale direct

Hudds - Seem to have become big rivals of ours over the last 10 years. Great turnouts from 'tics most years. Easy enough to get to. Good town centre with plenty of boozers. Nice fast train from Greenfield or rattler from Rochdale to halifax and then down to Hudds

Blackpool - gone off the place over the years, full of scots on holiday, ugly birds on hen dos and scousers wanting to stab you, but enjoy trips to bloomfield...good followings from oldham and easy enough to get to..bit of aggro though if your not careful...nearly got on the end of some big bald mans pint glass t'other year...refused to shake his hand..was pissed off after the play off result and the guy was wearing a full blackpool kit, socks and all, plus a bum bag ?!! not shaking hands with a fella who wears a bum bag...anyway he wasn't happy and looked a bit meaner than me (think a cross between that lags and that jacko chaps off socceram but twice as big) so we drank up and left

Stockport - largely for that game when Eyresy scored the free-kick....piled on to the pitch with literally hundreds of other tics..my mate's glasses fell off and i'm sure he fond them near the half-way line....failed to replicate that atmos and excite on subsequent visits, but easy to get to and plenty of boozers. standing too, wh (hang on, it aint standing is it...doh) it's just we always stand up in the uncovered terraced at the back

Barnsley - hate them with a passion. they always seemed a nasty bunch when they came to BP in numbers in the 90s...hundreds of 'em singing 'say we are barns - a lee' striding across the car park behind the lookers like they owned the place...putting fear of death into families..bully boys...nice to go there and drink in their pit village and then drink their beer and then sha.... and then watch us play them off the park...not nice to see us go there and be 3 nil down after 16 mins

Edited by Yard Dog

Doesn't seem so great when an off-target shot hits someone in the face and they have to be taken to hospital in a neck brace. i've seen it happen.

Barnsley - hate them with a passion. they always seemed a nasty bunch when they came to BP in numbers in the 90s...hundreds of 'em singing 'say we are barns - a lee' striding across the car park behind the lookers like they owned the place...putting fear of death into families..bully boys...nice to go there and drink in their pit village and then drink their beer and then sha.... and then watch us play them off the park...not nice to see us go there and be 3 nil down after 16 mins

I remember the latter game, I was younger and more naive and drank more than what I could take and ended up throwing up outside the bus station I looked up and saw these two old ladies shaking their head in disgust apparantly it ended up on one of them :blush:

Doesn't seem so great when an off-target shot hits someone in the face and they have to be taken to hospital in a neck brace. i've seen it happen.

I suppose thats a downside, thats one of the reasons I dont like Hartlepool, but every time I've been I've sat at the back

and of course that station called craven arms....and yes it is a town mr s