Rumours from the tunnel today...

Any chance you children could take your continuing debate, which is off topic, into another thread.

This one is about TTA officially selling out to John Wardle and it being announced either yesterday or today. Us serious adults are waiting with bated breath for the news update on this one as there are now only 31 minutes of the day left and my F5 button has had some serious hammer today. :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy ... where do you get your information from to gain an opinion like this ?

This is not only un-true but from the point of view of the club and TTA libelous !!

I've nothing to hide. If you you want me to name my sources, just say so and I'll publish them by reply in so far as I can

I've nothing to hide. If you you want me to name my sources, just say so and I'll publish them by reply in so far as I can

Please do !

I have worked on the last 3 events so I am interested to know.

I would ask that you do this by PM and make a copy to add to the forum at a later date if your information in a certain instance is correct.

Harry

I do hope that this is sarcasm !

It certainly is Ritchie, hence the grin and wink. The thread has become boring, off topic and quite frankly in some cases an excuse to have a dig at the trust.

Frankly, everyone knows how transparent TTA have been since they took over the club, they have done many things that other owners would not have accepted, including taking the trust on board. As I have said elsewhere, the Trust that was set up in 2003 has a different brief today than it did then. If TTA were to leave us, then that brief may well change again.

In the meantime a little light hearted relief breaks the boredom of the thread.

One final point, you wont see me criticising the trust.

Cheers,

Harry

It certainly is Ritchie, hence the grin and wink. The thread has become boring, off topic and quite frankly in some cases an excuse to have a dig at the trust.

Frankly, everyone knows how transparent TTA have been since they took over the club, they have done many things that other owners would not have accepted, including taking the trust on board. As I have said elsewhere, the Trust that was set up in 2003 has a different brief today than it did then. If TTA were to leave us, then that brief may well change again.

In the meantime a little light hearted relief breaks the boredom of the thread.

One final point, you wont see me criticising the trust.

Cheers,

Harry

Thank you Harry I have asked this post to go back on topic on page 9 or 10 but members wished to keep this debate in the public domain.

I agree that this is now a slanging match about people opinions on the trust .. right or wrong that is the individuals opinion.

What can I do now ? Close the thread and be chastise for being power hungry, stop debate about the trust which I am a Dirctor of because peoples opinions isnt the same as mine ?

I cant win :wink::huh:

Please do !

I have worked on the last 3 events so I am interested to know.

I would ask that you do this by PM and make a copy to add to the forum at a later date if your information in a certain instance is correct.

I'm really puzzled now. Do you want me to say the bad things I know about the Trust and say who told me them, or not? I have no interest in retreating to the recourse of a PM after you have tried to call me out, thinking I don't have the balls. Let's see if this post sees the light of day, and who pays the piper.

What can I do now ? Close the thread and be chastise for being power hungry, stop debate about the trust which I am a Dirctor of because peoples opinions isnt the same as mine ?

Why not post a big sticky about the Trust somewhere to make people aware of it's existence, what it does, etc.? Given that this is supposedly the official Trust MB, there's precious little about it that I can see.

No - you take the conscious decision not to moderate the threads in which you have a personal involvement. How simple is that?

I agree that this is now a slanging match about people opinions on the trust .. right or wrong that is the individuals opinion.

Thanks for proving my point Andy !

Wardlelatic/Leeslover,

Quite frankly this is not the place to have this debate. It does neither the club nor the trust any favours, nor you two good supporters.

Lets take this elsewhere and settle over a pint.

PM me and we can make the arrangements.

Cheers,

Harry.

P.S. When you PM me can you let me know whether you want me to bring either pistols or swords :wink:

Wardlelatic/Leeslover,

Quite frankly this is not the place to have this debate. It does neither the club nor the trust any favours, nor you two good supporters.

Lets take this elsewhere and settle over a pint.

PM me and we can make the arrangements.

Cheers,

Harry.

P.S. When you PM me can you let me know whether you want me to bring either pistols or swords :wink:

It goes to the heart of the argument Harry - I know far less than some, but know plenty that Barry Owen thinks but doesn't say. It's for others to judge how they deal with what they do know. I don't think it is ever wrong to tell the truth - there are times when you don't, for good reasons, but then you don't sell yourself to the public as an outlet of the truth. That's the crux of the matter. Is the Trust a Fans Body? Is it an arm of the Club? Is it an extension of Barry Owen's Ego? Do these matters have a play in the free debate of matters related to the club on this messageboard?

It goes to the heart of the argument Harry - I know far less than some, but know plenty that Barry Owen thinks but doesn't say. It's for others to judge how they deal with what they do know. I don't think it is ever wrong to tell the truth - there are times when you don't, for good reasons, but then you don't sell yourself to the public as an outlet of the truth. That's the crux of the matter. Is the Trust a Fans Body? Is it an arm of the Club? Is it an extension of Barry Owen's Ego? Do these matters have a play in the free debate of matters related to the club on this messageboard?

Andy,

I know what you are saying and take your point. You also know my views on matters relating to Oldham Athletic Football Club, past, present and future.

Personally I do not want to see what I have seen and read tonight and I am asking those involved to sleep on it and PM me tomorrow. I believe with a nights sleep and a fresh look at things in the morning this debate can be looked at in a different light. I still don't think this message board is the right place for the debate, but that is only my opinion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but by the same score everything has a time and place. But hey what do I know. Just trying to be the voice of reason.

Cheers,

Harry

Yes

NO - (depends in which context you mean)

NO

What Barry thinks and what Barry does is his concern has long as the job he does doesn't conflict with the remit he holds

I dont agree with many issues private, public and socially that effects my everyday paricipation on this gods green earth but I have the maturity and intelligence like others possess for my opinions not to effect my work, rest and play.

This thread has gone so far off Topic its just a dot in the horizon.

What was the title again ?? Oh yes,

Rumours from the tunnel today...

So I will close this topic and look and look forward to Rumours from the tunnel today II after all I feel it has digressed enough and all points have been addressed for now !