Rumours from the tunnel today...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
Barry seems to do a good job of this to be frank....

The trust is useless to me as a fan... I know nothing more now through us having the trust than I would without...

As has been asked before, the trust have run forums for fans to come along and ask questions but no-one does. We had a Q & A thread earlier in the season in which Barry answered questions from the fans.

Wardle said in the last thread this was discussed in, he will organise a forum before or after a game if people say they will turn up. It could be in one of the boxes with an open bar, for those that prefer to be in the pub drinking and a few nibbles. We can accomodate fans needs.

We also had an AGM a couple of weeks ago where only two trust members turned up.

There have been ample opportunites for fans to come along and ask questions, no-one takes advantage of it.

Barry seems to do a good job of this to be frank....

The trust is useless to me as a fan... I know nothing more now through us having the trust than I would without...

How can you say that ?

With the trust on the board your opinions are given to the club at the highest level, your concerns are expressed and listen to.

Barry, Hardy and even Blitz cant give all information to the fans.

At trust monthly meetings only information prevalent to the trust's position is given to us, requests, club announcements etc trust board members are not told the day to day information.

There has not been anything for fans to know, isn't that a GOOD thing? If the Trust had to announce something about the club surely that means the club is taking the wrong path and trouble MAY lay ahead ?

was the trust consulted on Sheridan getting sacked/ Royle coming in?

By Trust if you mean was Barry aware of the situation and action to be taken, Yes he was.

The replacement and appointment was a Board of Directors decision of which the Chairman of the Trust is a member of.

Guest oa_exile
We also had an AGM a couple of weeks ago where only two trust members turned up.

Are you surprised ?

Guest sheridans_world
Are you surprised ?

In short, no, I've had enough experience with the trust to accept that.

What I wont accept is fans saying they know no more than they used to or that they never get chance to speak to Barry.

As has been asked before, the trust have run forums for fans to come along and ask questions but no-one does. We had a Q & A thread earlier in the season in which Barry answered questions from the fans.

Wardle said in the last thread this was discussed in, he will organise a forum before or after a game if people say they will turn up. It could be in one of the boxes with an open bar, for those that prefer to be in the pub drinking and a few nibbles. We can accomodate fans needs.

There have been ample opportunites for fans to come along and ask questions, no-one takes advantage of it.

Oragnising such an event is fine but as you pointed out it will be for "members" only... For me to renew my membership of the trust would mean I actually support the let down which is the trust... Which I dont... A trust which was built on the back of mine (and most the support base) money in the first place...

The trust has a website and has access to these forums, yet we hear very little... It stinks... I hear more from the TTA than we do from Barry... Barry himself is a let down, never asks supporters their opinions so he can take them to the board and has openly addmitted who only takes his own view point to them. I really do question if a ageing ex copper really has his finger on the pulse of the majority of our supporters feelings.. He could be further away from who I would like to see up there...

Lets face it, if polled I reckon the majority of fans would be in favour of the trust selling there 3% and I do not think most people would be arsed if it was no more... It did a job during a dark time and now it serves of little use and generates littler interest from most of the supporters...

By the way, I find it funny you never replied to me about my question regarding Barry Owens postion. You stated that its a full time role. I questioned this logic and you never replied. Fancy explaining how the "fan on the board" is a full time role ?

Are you surprised ?

No I am not Andy

People tend to turn up when things go wrong (protest march against the council etc)

By lots of members not turning up I personally see that as people do not wish to change what is already in place.

Latic fans are fantastic of turning out when things hit the fan, but known not to take charge when things are going ok ! By that I give the example of crowd attendances a few months ago when we were in the place offs ....

Things were good but people didnt attend.. The match against Bradford in 2005 when we could have gone down we had a high attendance

Guest oa_exile

What I wont accept is fans saying they know no more than they used to or that they never get chance to speak to Barry.

So since you agree, then why does nobody turn up to the Trust meetings ? (since you have experience)

Well its a simple fact...

The trust is dead... It should go...

Two members...wake up and smell the coffee...

THE FANS DONT CARE ABOUT THE TRUST!

Oragnising such an event is fine but as you pointed out it will be for "members" only... For me to renew my membership of the trust would mean I actually support the let down which is the trust... Which I dont... A trust which was built on the back of mine (and most the support base) money in the first place...

The trust has a website and has access to these forums, yet we hear very little... It stinks... I hear more from the TTA than we do from Barry... Barry himself is a let down, never asks supporters their opinions so he can take them to the board and has openly addmitted who only takes his own view point to them. I really do question if a ageing ex copper really has his finger on the pulse of the majority of our supporters feelings.. He could be further away from who I would like to see up there...

Lets face it, if polled I reckon the majority of fans would be in favour of the trust selling there 3% and I do not think most people would be arsed if it was no more... It did a job during a dark time and now it serves of little use and generates littler interest from most of the supporters...

By the way, I find it funny you never replied to me about my question regarding Barry Owens postion. You stated that its a full time role. I questioned this logic and you never replied. Fancy explaining how the "fan on the board" is a full time role ?

I'm confused.com by this Oafc0000...

If you wish I would be more than happy to meet with you and give you any information you require.

I can also ask Barry to come along, maybe we can come to you seeing you dont live close liek you have mentioned previously in conversations with myself.

You want answers to questions, not a problem

So since you agree, then why does nobody turn up to the Trust meetings ? (since you have experience)

your answer

Arew you for REAL ?

Where is the Camera ???

Come on Jeremy.... Beadles about ? Yes ???

Guest oa_exile

Well actually the trust is alive but is pretty much dormant BUT I dont dont believe that it should go.

The Trust was set up for a reason and thus should not be getting involved in "Tickle tackle".

Guest sheridans_world

The Trust is the future of the football club.

If the telecoms business in New York goes bump for whatever reason the trust can step in and take control of the club, exactley what has happened at Stockport, Brentford, Exter and Notts County.

Stockport aside (because of their money worries), Brentford and Exeter are the top two in league two and Notts County are well safe from relegation.

Well actually the trust is alive but is pretty much dormant BUT I dont dont believe that it should go.

The Trust was set up for a reason and thus should not be getting involved in "Tickle tackle".

Exile - Your wooden spoon gets bigger and bigger each post !

Guest oa_exile
Exile - Your wooden spoon gets bigger and bigger each post !

You can portray it how you like , which has become too obvious on OWTB.

Bottom line is the members of the Trust should NOT be getting involved in "Tickle Tackle".

The trust have their own MB dont use OWTB as a vehicle for your propaganda.

You and Simon already answered the question, fans know who the trust are and dont need it ramming down their throats by giving the trusts opinion.

I'm confused.com by this Oafc0000...

If you wish I would be more than happy to meet with you and give you any information you require.

I can also ask Barry to come along, maybe we can come to you seeing you dont live close liek you have mentioned previously in conversations with myself.

You want answers to questions, not a problem

Why the need to meet ? Its not just me that feels this way.... Why do you think membership is so low ?

Arew you for REAL ?

Where is the Camera ???

Come on Jeremy.... Beadles about ? Yes ???

its my opinion... others feel the same... I know very few people who support / give a dam about the trust... I do know quite a few tics as well...

Guest sheridans_world

Wrong, OWTB is the trusts messageboard, this was annouced many months ago.

You can portray it how you like , which has become too obvious on OWTB.

Bottom line is the members of the Trust should NOT be getting involved in "Tickle Tackle".

You and Simon already answered the question, fans know who the trust are and dont need it ramming down their throats by giving the trusts opinion.

The trust doesnt have its own operational MB !

When as either of us "rammed anything down anyones throat as you say ? Fans have used THIS MB to ask questions, should we not answer tham ?

You say the fans know who the Trust are ! I disagree, wakefield-oldham idnt but has example of what I meana clearer picture now

Again I'm confused in what you mean by

"Tickle Tackle".
and
propaganda

You stated

You and Simon already answered the question
so how can this be
"Tickle Tackle".
and
propaganda

If you wish to ask any further question that are OFF TOPIC please feel free to PM me

Why the need to meet ? Its not just me that feels this way.... Why do you think membership is so low ?

its my opinion... others feel the same... I know very few people who support / give a dam about the trust... I do know quite a few tics as well...

I made the offer, you said you had questions, your opinion is valid

Why do you think membership is so low ?
Yes I do, I would like all ST holders to be members but it will never happen but I do thank every one of the current members for there backing !

Guest sheridans_world
That really is the funniest thing I have read on here in a long time :lol:

You missed my question regarding your comments about the fan on the board role...

It's not my place, Barry is accountable to Trust Members, somehow I dont think he will enter into discussing exactley what he does everyday.

It'll start something like:

7.00am Woke Up

7.01am Got out of bed

7.02am Had a pee

7.03am got in the shower

7.17am brushed teeth

Its not needed.

Barry is the fans voice on the board and he takes the fans views to the other staff in the club on a daily basis. He reads OWTB, he knows what is going.

As for the future of the club, it is, the 3% share cannot be sold without the Trust agreeing it, contracts have been written to safe guard these things, if any owners were ever to go bust ever again, the trust, with whoever fans are running it at that point, will be able to step in and take control of the club.

I made the offer, you said you had questions, your opinion is valid

This isnt just about me... its about thousands of latics fans who are no closer to the club than before the trust....

Yes I do, I would like all ST holders to be members but it will never happen but I do thank every one of the current members for there backing !

Why will it never happen ?

Question for Wardle... How many members does the trust currently have ?

I belive it is approx 774

almost 30% of the current ST holders

If the day came and anything happening I would expect that number to increase by 300% very quickly

It's not my place, Barry is accountable to Trust Members, somehow I dont think he will enter into discussing exactley what he does everyday.

It'll start something like:

7.00am Woke Up

7.01am Got out of bed

7.02am Had a pee

7.03am got in the shower

7.17am brushed teeth

Its not needed.

Barry is the fans voice on the board and he takes the fans views to the other staff in the club on a daily basis. He reads OWTB, he knows what is going.

It is needed... People like you walking around saying only Barry can do this job... Its full time... Seems like your trying to put people off going for the job...

The job from when I first saw it advertised was for someone to attend board meetings and give and opinion... Not to work at the club full time...

Why the vail of secrecy about what the job involves ???? and what Barry does day to day...

You defend and comment but when properly challenged you either go quiet or say, nowt to do with me...