Rumours from the tunnel today...

Why is it so hard to understand the value of having the trust on the board?

Well for a start, look at the current economic crisis. People working with money = potential for greed. So if Financial institutions can get caught with their pants down.......

I'm just a little sceptical that our trust have any muscle in a takeover. And where's Barry Owen??

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, i'm not even a member of the trust, but having a fans voice on the board can only be a good thing. If an investor wants to come in and get rid of that 'voice' with a 100% holding, then alarm bells would start ringing.

HAS MY PC CRASHED AND I DONT KNOW ABOUT IT..WERE HAVE ALL THE TRUSTERS GONE...THOUGHT SOMEBODY WAS GONNA TELL ME THE REASON WHY THE TRUST ARE SO VALUABLE TO THIS CLUB

Try reading any of Wardle_latic post on this subject on this thread the rest of us get why don't you?

HAS MY PC CRASHED AND I DONT KNOW ABOUT IT..WERE HAVE ALL THE TRUSTERS GONE...THOUGHT SOMEBODY WAS GONNA TELL ME THE REASON WHY THE TRUST ARE SO VALUABLE TO THIS CLUB

Why you shouting ?? :lol:

Can I ask you somethings, Do you know anything about the Trust? Do you know how hard many people worked to ensure that money was rasied to help secure the future of the club ?

In regards why the trust is so important, only time will tell, I think the best explaination of this is why was Alan Hardy suspended when he realised what Chris Moore was up to !

Trust Oldham and Hardy continue to this day, to ask questions and help the owners with the club and ensure fans have a voice and are informed of what is happening unlike several clubs at the moment namely Charlton and Southampton.

Try reading any of Wardle_latic post on this subject on this thread the rest of us get why don't you?

Sorry, not quite the rest of us. and don't speak for the vast majority who read the threads but don't post. We've no idea what they "get"

Don't get me wrong, i'm not even a member of the trust, but having a fans voice on the board can only be a good thing. If an investor wants to come in and get rid of that 'voice' with a 100% holding, then alarm bells would start ringing.

yes but what does this voice do or say..can somebody give me a couple of reasons when the trust have been inflential in changing or making a decision...i might beable to see the importance of the trust when somebody gives me a valid responce as to what they actually do

Sorry, not quite the rest of us. and don't speak for the vast majority who read the threads but don't post. We've no idea what they "get"

Have you read Wardle_Latic's post on this subject he has explained what the trust do and why they are important on several occasions.

Right, so the trust step aside

a new investor comes in, splashes the cash, we don’t get promoted, he puts up ticket prices, the crowds drop, he gets bored and buggers off... = a very bleak future (if there is one) for the club...

My view is that the trust are there to make sure this doesn’t happen.

What’s the problem with that?

yes but what does this voice do or say..can somebody give me a couple of reasons when the trust have been inflential in changing or making a decision...i might beable to see the importance of the trust when somebody gives me a valid responce as to what they actually do

thay got rid of pukka pies does that answer ur question

Have you read Wardle_Latic's post on this subject he has explained what the trust do and why they are important on several occasions.

Have you read my posts? Because I don't agree that they will have any muscle. OK? I'm entitled to my view that they are superficial. If you want to believe in them as guarantors that's fine, but please don't ram it down my throat.

And once again I ask, where is Barry Owen?

Have you read my posts? Because I don't agree that they will have any muscle. OK? I'm entitled to my view that they are superficial. If you want to believe in them as guarantors that's fine, but please don't ram it down my throat.

he is finishing of the pukka pies haha

Why you shouting ?? :lol:

Can I ask you somethings, Do you know anything about the Trust? Do you know how hard many people worked to ensure that money was rasied to help secure the future of the club ?

In regards why the trust is so important, only time will tell, I think the best explaination of this is why was Alan Hardy suspended when he realised what Chris Moore was up to !

Trust Oldham and Hardy continue to this day, to ask questions and help the owners with the club and ensure fans have a voice and are informed of what is happening unlike several clubs at the moment namely Charlton and Southampton.

id like to thank you for your efforts when it was needed

The relationship between the club and the trust so far has enabled the trust to buy into the club, £200,000 was given for this right and a place on the board was given in accordance with this share buy.

The fans representive on the board ensures that the fans voice is heard on matters including Season Ticket prices, Stand Allocation (Family enclosed area in Chaddy) Police liasion when fans get into trouble.

The Trust have bought a £20k mini bus for the club which enable the Youth team and reserves to travel to College, Training Games and when needed other venues.

The trust this season bought the club a Tractor to ensure the groundstaff had the equipment to do their job with the main pitch, little wembley and Chappel Road. The last tractor was bought in 1982 !!!!

The trust continue to support the team with sponsorship of staff and players, help organise tournaments for the youth team.

The Trust attend and help with the Oldham Athletic in the Community project that won an award this month.. (Presentation was made on the pitch at yesterdays game)

The trust do a lot of work on behalf of the club, Bringing players to the club, Lucke Beckett (goals helped us avoid relegation) Lee Hughes and others.

I could name more but I'm now hoping you get the idea that the Trust is important to the Club not just today but for tomorrow!

They don't run the club no but we are in a better position to have them with a foot in the door rather than on the outside where it is easier to keep things from them as shareholders of OAFC 2004 LTD they would know of the club being sold before it was in the public domain.

May I ask where you are ?

Are you at home or a friends enjoying a day off from work ?

Barry I would imagine is doing the same, but may well some time today take a moment out of relaxing and log onto Owtb ?

How boring is this thread,rumours blah blah etc,nothing has happened to talk about apart from somebody starting a pointless thread,if you can't back it up with proof keep quiet and as for the trust keep up the good work

The relationship between the club and the trust so far has enabled the trust to buy into the club, £200,000 was given for this right and a place on the board was given in accordance with this share buy.

The fans representive on the board ensures that the fans voice is heard on matters including Season Ticket prices, Stand Allocation (Family enclosed area in Chaddy) Police liasion when fans get into trouble.

The Trust have bought a £20k mini bus for the club which enable the Youth team and reserves to travel to College, Training Games and when needed other venues.

The trust this season bought the club a Tractor to ensure the groundstaff had the equipment to do their job with the main pitch, little wembley and Chappel Road. The last tractor was bought in 1982 !!!!

The trust continue to support the team with sponsorship of staff and players, help organise tournaments for the youth team.

The Trust attend and help with the Oldham Athletic in the Community project that won an award this month.. (Presentation was made on the pitch at yesterdays game)

The trust do a lot of work on behalf of the club, Bringing players to the club, Lucke Beckett (goals helped us avoid relegation) Lee Hughes and others.

I could name more but I'm now hoping you get the idea that the Trust is important to the Club not just today but for tomorrow!

So in context, to go back to the origins of this thread, these actions you mention, that look commonplace in most football clubs, would make a difference when a new investor sits down and discusses a take over? Get real.

The only time I have seen the Trust "matter" was when Barry Owen was the figurehead for the Hughes signing. A real case of using a fans board memeber as the OAFC voice because of the sensitive nature of the deal, i.e. if it went tits up TTA didn't get the blame. Barry was a patsy, that was obvious.

I'm a big fan of TTA and thank them for their efforts, I think that was a clever move. I've no doubt that the Trust with its well meaning people do a good job too. But I repeat the line that in the event of real money talking they're pretty powerless. And, dare I say, don't think that some fans wouldn't rather gamble on short term success with a new investor than stay mid table league one for ever. especially after the fiasco's we've endured this season.

You are correct. My post no 72 on this thread explains why.

TTA at their discretion give the trust a place on the board. However, if any decision at a board meeting was voted against by the trust, and the other non TTA directors, then TTA could call for a shareholders vote and out vote the Trust by 97 to 3. No contest.

However, that said, there is a place for the Trust and it is doing a good job in other ways. For a start it is keeping a watching eye for the benefit of the supporters. TTA have been wonderful owners and there has therefore been no need for the trust to raise any issues/problems with supporters. However, if Chris Moore was the owner now, with the trust in place, no doubt matters would be brought to the attention of supporters via public meetings, message boards etc, far earlier than they were at the time of our problems in 2003 and therefore the trust and supporters could have done something to prevent the mess we got into with protests and or other co-ordinated action etc.

The trust cannot stop TTA selling their 97% stake to John Wardle or anyone else for that matter. The only condition of their sale would be that the prospective new owners would have to pass the Football League fit and proper person test and the Trust would liase with the FL in this regard I would presume.

Cheers,

Harry

Right, so the trust step aside

a new investor comes in, splashes the cash, we don’t get promoted, he puts up ticket prices, the crowds drop, he gets bored and buggers off... = a very bleak future (if there is one) for the club...

My view is that the trust are there to make sure this doesn’t happen.

What’s the problem with that?

what a load of ollocks..........

so the trust dont step aside and they give their approval of a new man...

how does the trust make sure none of those points u make dont happen

are they magicians or something

excellent,,,,,,,,thats what i needed to know,,,,,thanks for that

They don't run the club no but we are in a better position to have them with a foot in the door rather than on the outside where it is easier to keep things from them as shareholders of OAFC 2004 LTD they would know of the club being sold before it was in the public domain.

so if they knew the club was about to be sold before anybody else,,,,,,what difference would that make to anything

what a load of ollocks..........

so the trust dont step aside and they give their approval of a new man...

how does the trust make sure none of those points u make dont happen

are they magicians or something

so if they knew the club was about to be sold before anybody else,,,,,,what difference would that make to anything

By doing this and ensuring the club has a future !!!!

Ask yourself this... Why would a new invester not want a fans body representive on its Board ?

Maybe to keep things away from fans?

Barry seems to do a good job of this to be frank....

The trust is useless to me as a fan... I know nothing more now through us having the trust than I would without...

Edited by oafc0000