Rumours from the tunnel today...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't TTA already said that they would sell 47% of their 97% holding to Mr Wardle but they wouldn't give up anymore,

IF Mr Wardle wanted 50% he would have to get the supporters Association to sell them their 3% ???

Edited by losesome

Haven't TTA already said that they would sell 47% of their 97% holding to Mr Wardle but they wouldn't give up anymore,

IF Mr Wardle wanted 50% he would have to get the supporters Association to sell them their 3% ???

for me if the supporters association are a stumbling block or in any way in the way then thet need to get out of the way....they are holding the club back from a potential money spinner for the club which is desperatley needed

for me if the supporters association are a stumbling block or in any way in the way then thet need to get out of the way....they are holding the club back from a potential money spinner for the club which is desperatley needed
`

Rubbish......The trust was created to safeguard the future of Oldham Athletic and to be the voice for supporters on the terraces.

Do you really think the trust.....even if they could, would do anything to scupper a deal that could make the club self sufficient and remain competitive for years to come.

In any case TTA have said on many occasions that they would only sell the club to someone who could take it forward and they have always had the best interests of the club and it's supporters in mind when making the important decisions!!

Make no mistake if any takeover deal is not right for this club then it simply won't happen...Trust in TTA!!!!

`

Rubbish......The trust was created to safeguard the future of Oldham Athletic and to be the voice for supporters on the terraces.

Do you really think the trust.....even if they could, would do anything to scupper a deal that could make the club self sufficient and remain competitive for years to come.

In any case TTA have said on many occasions that they would only sell the club to someone who could take it forward and they have always had the best interests of the club and it's supporters in mind when making the important decisions!!

Make no mistake if any takeover deal is not right for this club then it simply won't happen...Trust in TTA!!!!

what do you mean safeguard the future of oafc....by doing what,,,,have they invested money to buy players or in anyway contributed to oldham athletic going forward....correct me if im wrong...all i was saying is theres a bloke with pots full and the rumour is that hes put off with the trust having this 3% then they need to get out of the way

what do you mean safeguard the future of oafc....by doing what,,,,have they invested money to buy players or in anyway contributed to oldham athletic going forward....correct me if im wrong...all i was saying is theres a bloke with pots full and the rumour is that hes put off with the trust having this 3% then they need to get out of the way

What.....another rumour!!....Who has said that he's being put off by the involvement of the trust.

We don't even know if the original rumour is true yet.

If Wardle wants to buy the club and TTA think it would benefit our long term future then of course it would happen, with the full blessing of the trust.

We just don't want another Chris Moore debacle and the Trust is there to help make sure that a deal of that nature is never repeated!!

Doubt it :)

Serious point though, words in English are more effective at getting a message across than words in text speak.

ok il be watching people from now on making sure know one slips up im onto you all

What.....another rumour!!....Who has said that he's being put off by the involvement of the trust.

If Wardle wants to buy the club and TTA think it would benefit our long term future then of course it would happen, with the full blessing of the trust.

We just don't want another Chris Moore debacle and the Trust is there to help make sure that a deal of that nature is never repeated!!

the rumour came from posts awhile back...but it doesnt mater if its a rumour or not...if anyone came in for the club and i would imagine there will be a few interested parties with the planning permission passed of for the new stand..hotel and god knows what..all i was saying is i cant see what the trust has done or will do to safeguard the future of our club but if a possible investor came in and the trust became an issue,,,then they need to step aside.

the rumour came from posts awhile back...but it doesnt mater if its a rumour or not...if anyone came in for the club and i would imagine there will be a few interested parties with the planning permission passed of for the new stand..hotel and god knows what..all i was saying is i cant see what the trust has done or will do to safeguard the future of our club but if a possible investor came in and the trust became an issue,,,then they need to step aside.

offcourse thay would step aside or us lot will be on there backs trust out!!!!

Edited by KUNGFOO

has the trust got a crystal ball or something...how you gonna tell if a multi millionaire who wants to buy a failing football club is gonna bring the club down

But the trust wouldn't be an issue......... as long as the investor had the best interests of the club at heart and not just wanting to buy the club to make a quick buck and then sell us down the river!!!!

Ask yourself this... Why would a new invester not want a fans body representive on its Board ?

Maybe to keep things away from fans?

Maybe to organise plans that are not in the clubs best interest ?

Many clubs have a trust now involved with the club, its to safe guard the fans right on Season Ticket prices, fans areas and rights and to make sure that the fans point of view is listened to !

The trust would never stand in the way of investment for the club or stop someone taking over ...

What the TRUST would do though, is ensure any new partnership is for the benefit of the club for the future not just today.

But the trust wouldn't be an issue......... as long as the investor had the best interests of the club at heart and not just wanting to buy the club to make a quick buck and then sell us down the river!!!!

what about if that was our only option....IF the rumours are right that the tta want to downsize or even want out and a bloke with pots of dosh wants the whole 100% but his credentials dont match,,,,does the trust and the tta tell him to sod off even though he can guarantee that we will still have a club for the next 3-5 seasons

what about if that was our only option....IF the rumours are right that the tta want to downsize or even want out and a bloke with pots of dosh wants the whole 100% but his credentials dont match,,,,does the trust and the tta tell him to sod off even though he can guarantee that we will still have a club for the next 3-5 seasons

OK I surrender as this is now gettin silly!!!!!

Yes we tell him to sod off alright!!!!!!!!

Anyone coming in must prove they can last and have the business plan to ensure the clubs FUTURE

I want to bring my grand kids to a game in 40 years time !!!

The club isnt just for Xmas or a year ... Its for life :wink:

Yes we tell him to sod off alright!!!!!!!!

Anyone coming in must prove they can last and have the business plan to ensure the clubs FUTURE

I want to bring my grand kids to a game in 40 years time !!!

The club isnt just for Xmas or a year ... Its for life :wink:

ok you would tell him to sod off...but going back to the chris moore days...if at the time the trust were on the board and he came in to save our club,,,bankroll us...would you have told him to sod off..he came with the utmost respect...md of a massive uk business...pots of dosh...he even had an helicopter...what im saying is how would you know that he would be the wrong man