Rumours from the tunnel today...

A source from deep inside the club told me in the tunnel after the game today, the following:-

• John Wardle has OFFICIALLY bought the club from TTA and it will be made public either today or tomorrow "if possible" (I presume theres a lot of paper work needs sorting first)

Joe Royle WILL be manager next season and Andy Ritchie will be his assistant!

Lee Hughes was SACKED...(but he couldn't tell me why)

I now await the abuse for not being able to tell you the name of my source and people not believing these 3 things but hey...I'm only letting you know what I know...

:)

Edited by oafc_lover

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A source from deep inside the club told me in the tunnel after the game today, the following:-

• John Wardle has OFFICIALLY bought the club from TTA and it will be made public either today or tomorrow "if possible" (I presume theres a lot of paper work needs sorting first)

I now await the abuse for not being able to tell you the name of my source and people not believing these 3 things but hey...I'm only letting you know what I know...

would this be any good? im unaware of wardles credentials

I heard this week that Lee Hughes was not sacked but loaned out because if he had got to 20 goals he was to get quite a big bonus. Make sense really as its quite obvious that he wasn't going to be here next season, why waste the money now the season is all but over.

My source is a first team player who I am not going to name

I heard this week that Lee Hughes was not sacked but loaned out because if he had got to 20 goals he was to get quite a big bonus. Make sense really as its quite obvious that he wasn't going to be here next season, why waste the money now the season is all but over.

Makes total sense.

If Hughes was sacked why not announce it as such? What would we gain by hiding it?

Dont you think the whole thing was dodgy anyway? Something didnt seem right and i felt the club werent telling us the whole story...

Yet why the apparent moaning about his performances? If really they were scared of paying out money due to our striker actually being a success and reaching a decent goal total.

Guest sheridans_world
Ok then mr crystal ball...believe what you wish :)

Hughes hasnt been sacked.

He has a contract with OAFC until June, we will have to honour it until then. Unless we choose to cancel becuase of a misdemeanour of some sort or we wish to pay him off.

Either way, he hasnt been sacked, just sent out on loan.

John Wardle has OFFICIALLY bought the club from TTA and it will be made public either today or tomorrow "if possible" (I presume theres a lot of paper work needs sorting first)

Sorry to stop the rumour so quickly ...

TTA have not sold the club to anyone, we THE FANS own 3% of the club which is in trust with Trust Oldham.......

The trust have not had any request from TTA that someone wishes to buy the club whole or part

Lee Hughes was not SACKED ... he was merely not WANTED

John Wardle is welcome to make any offer for the club and I would imagine that he would be welcome to buy 97% of the club also. If an offer is made all members of TRUST OLDHAM will have a say if we accept the offer

Each Trust Member has a voice and a vote !

As for Wardle buying the club.

Why?

TTA might feel that it is for the good of the club...they have admitted they cannot spend much money next season and we had a very low budget as it is this season and wardle can put us up there with the top sides by funding the best players and staff...

As for SW...by "sacked" i mean get rid of...

Yet why the apparent moaning about his performances? If really they were scared of paying out money due to our striker actually being a success and reaching a decent goal total.

Whilst Hughes was scoring we were a play off position, his preformances have been mediocre lately as have most of the team really, I think that once we had lost against Tranmere and only drawn at Cheltenham the writing was on the wall for this season being over, so may as well get rid now rather than later.

If Hughes had have been scoring every week I doubt we would have dropped out of the play off places.

Guest sheridans_world
THe 3% owned by the Trust is not relevant.

Wrong, the club cannot be sold without the Trust being involved.

Therefore, very relevant, Alec.