Rumours from the tunnel today...

That is what I was meant. I think this is the source most peoples crossed wires.

The trust can stop somebody buying the club but they can do F all about somebody buying control (which is all that matters).

This is my impression too. Clearly Wardle can't buy 100% of the club, but he can but 97% of it...which I assume is what oafc_lover meant in his original post, especially on the undertsanding wardlelatic is correct in asserting he can't buy their share without the Trust's permission.

At 97%, Wardle would, in effect, own the club.

Thanks wardlelatic though for explaining.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back to your know all first post. It was misleading, it was precious and full of self importance. It's you I'm taking issue with, in a mature peaceful way. Not all Oldham fans as you say.

Why are you taking issue with me ?

I have answered to the best of my abilities the questions that have been askedwher have I mis lead anyone in my first post?

This is my impression too. Clearly Wardle can't buy 100% of the club, but he can but 97% of it...which I assume is what oafc_lover meant in his original post, especially on the undertsanding wardlelatic is correct in asserting he can't buy their share without the Trust's permission.

Is Wardlelatic abusing his position on the trust to facilitate his own purchase of Oldham Athletic (2004) Ltd in it's entirety? :mmm:

Why are you taking issue with me ?

I have answered to the best of my abilities the questions that have been askedwher have I mis lead anyone in my first post?

Your first post! "Let me stop the rumour"

Well you haven't. It might be a load of tosh - but as others have said on here the 3% is a token. Now jog on.

Edited by Delfer

Well you haven't. It might be a load of tosh but as others have said on here the 3% is a taken. Now jog on.

Jog on ???

It's you I'm taking issue with, in a mature peaceful way.
You did say mature didnt you ? :wink:

I have received a number of e-mails and text since 5pm about this RUMOUR

I stated

Let me stop this rumour
as I know there are a number of Latic fans that get very stressed and concerned when rumours like this occur.

This is the largest public domain I am able to reply to most of the people who have contacted me in regards to their questions.

I may have not help you but I have some ..

Well you haven't. It might be a load of tosh but as others have said on here the 3% is a taken. Now jog on.

Jog on ???

It's you I'm taking issue with, in a mature peaceful way.
You did say mature didnt you ? :wink:

I stated

Let me stop this rumour
as I know there are a number of Latic fans that get very stressed and concerned when rumours like this occur.

This is the largest public domain I am able to reply to most of the people who have contacted me in regards to their questions.

Is Wardlelatic abusing his position on the trust to facilitate his own purchase of Oldham Athletic (2004) Ltd in it's entirety? :mmm:

:lol:

Busted :mad:

If only :wink:

Jog on ??? You did say mature didnt you ? :wink:

I stated as I know there are a number of Latic fans that get very stressed and concerned when rumours like this occur.

Thats good, as long as you think that. Have a nice weekend and try and chill, turn the phone off, you don't have to care 24/7 you know.

Bless.

Thats good, as long as you think that. Have a nice weekend and try and chill, turn the phone off, you don't have to care 24/7 you know.

Bless.

Cheers I'll remember that :huh:

You dont need to Bless me though :cardinal:

Who uses the word 'jog on' ????? :shock:

I remember those Tranmere fans telling use to "Jog on" when we asked them what they were doing to that car parked near a school last season :lol:

I was afraid then... 12 years telling 5 of us to Jog On :wink:

a little unfair delfer scant information and rumours...wardle is only opinionating his known views on the trust...i can't see any egonistic self relating

views in his post...

Thanks DWBH

Bless.

a little unfair delfer scant information and rumours...wardle is only opinionating his known views on the trust...i can't see any egonistic self relating

views in his post...

I think another factor in the Trust 3% is that if the TTA were going to sell then an Emergency General Meeting (perhaps AGM) would have to be called, and the Trust invited as shareholders. As said late on, they cannot sell the club without the Trust knowing.

However, the Trust would be honour bound to not release news early, if it knew about it.

That sad I am unaware of wardleLatics exact psotion in the Trust, but AFAIK Barry is the Director and he would ahve to inform the rest of the Trust in a timely manner

I used to have a small shareholding in a company I worked for (it has the name easy in the title but is not the airline) the owner devalued the shares from £1 to 1p ,first we new about it was the meeting to tell. Of course, absolutely sod all we could do about it, as he had controlling interest. I can;t recall his exact percentage, but we (colleagues) owned about 1% I think

EDIT Also the Trust has noly small amount of influence, as do each of us otherwise all the balance sheets, operationsal info would be avaialble to us all

Edited by singe

So............are TTA going to inform the trust tomorrow that they have sold their 97%, and control of the club, to John Wardle?

If they do ...... I'm sure it will become common knowledge very quickly ....

With all these sources around the club, no one can fart without people knowing :wink:

Knowing wardlelatic I'm very sure he isn't doing this for his own self-importance.

cheers Macca

The only person I have importance to is the Bank Manager... they give you money with one hand and want it back quicker with the other :lol:

A source from deep inside the club told me in the tunnel after the game today, the following:-

• John Wardle has OFFICIALLY bought the club from TTA and it will be made public either today or tomorrow "if possible" (I presume theres a lot of paper work needs sorting first)

Joe Royle WILL be manager next season and Andy Ritchie will be his assistant!

Lee Hughes was SACKED...(but he couldn't tell me why)

I now await the abuse for not being able to tell you the name of my source and people not believing these 3 things but hey...I'm only letting you know what I know...

:)

Personally, I wouldn't expect you to reveal the source. And while the nonsense about Hughes being sacked doesn't exactly help your source's credibility, I wouldn't be at all surprised if John Wardle becomes involved in the club to some degree. The question would be whether he'd be willing to invest whilst allowing TTA to retain control, but that may be less likely than TTA reluctantly agreeing to a take over should the figures and terms involved work out in the club's best interest.

For me, wanting the best of both worlds, I'd like Wardle to invest to take a 40-ish% stake, Joe Royle to stay, and TTA to retain control. Ideally with some significant input from Royle and Wardle as to how a reasonable proportion of that 40% stake should be spent.

Does Wardle have contacts that know when (and how much for) Micah Richards will be leaving Man City?

Useful inside info prior to sealing any deal.

As for the OP, there are facts, truths, half truths and rumours. I have seen a number of strange and unbelievable message board postings turn out to be true. I'm still not totally convinced by this one though.

A source from deep inside the club told me in the tunnel after the game today

Never sure about things when an extra adjective is needed. Why "deep"?

John Wardle has OFFICIALLY bought the club from TTA

If it hasn't been announced yet, how the hell can it be official?

Joe Royle WILL be manager next season

I think so. But I don't know so.

and Andy Ritchie will be his assistant!

I doubt it. But stranger things have happened.

Lee Hughes was SACKED...(but he couldn\'t tell me why)

If he is no longer an employee of the club, how on earth were we allowed to loan him to someone else?

Edited by opinions4u

I haven't read all the thread and after the 1st 2 pages of posts don't intend to.

What I will say is that in the first 2 pages there is a lot of nonsense being spouted from all sides.

Lets get a few points straight.

There is NO rumour going round the clubthat I am aware of that TTA have sold to JW. And anyway WTF is a rumour from " deep inside the club" :laught16: Do you mean the laundry, or the tea lady. FFS get a grip.There is no such thing as deep inside the club. The only people that count are (1) TTA, (2) TTA and (3) TTA. The other 3 directors (including the trusts representative) are there at the invitation of....... yes thats right TTA.

As for the petty discussion about the trust and its 3%. So what? The trust own 3% of the shares of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd. They do not own 3% of the land that the ground stands on. Why? because TTA own that separately in another company. So that leaves the trust owning 3% of OAFC 2004 Ltd which is worth what? Diddly squat. If TTA want to sell part or all of their 97% majority share they can and whats more they dont have to tell anyone until they have done. Certainly not a minority 3% shareholder who cant affect any decision that the 97% majority shareholder wants to implement. TTA do not have to tell the trust of their intentions. They may decide to, but they dont have to.

This is the real world where Company law applies not some fantasy land that football fans dream exists.

" deep isnide the club" :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

Cheers,

Harry

Guest oa_exile
.........And anyway WTF

.........FFS get a grip.

I can honestly say that is the first time i ever seen you swear on a post :blink: not once but twice :grin:

I haven't read all the thread and after the 1st 2 pages of posts don't intend to.

What I will say is that in the first 2 pages there is a lot of nonsense being spouted from all sides.

Lets get a few points straight.

There is NO rumour going round the clubthat I am aware of that TTA have sold to JW. And anyway WTF is a rumour from " deep inside the club" :laught16: Do you mean the laundry, or the tea lady. FFS get a grip.There is no such thing as deep inside the club. The only people that count are (1) TTA, (2) TTA and (3) TTA. The other 3 directors (including the trusts representative) are there at the invitation of....... yes thats right TTA.

As for the petty discussion about the trust and its 3%. So what? The trust own 3% of the shares of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd. They do not own 3% of the land that the ground stands on. Why? because TTA own that separately in another company. So that leaves the trust owning 3% of OAFC 2004 Ltd which is worth what? Diddly squat. If TTA want to sell part or all of their 97% majority share they can and whats more they dont have to tell anyone until they have done. Certainly not a minority 3% shareholder who cant affect any decision that the 97% majority shareholder wants to implement. TTA do not have to tell the trust of their intentions. They may decide to, but they dont have to.

This is the real world where Company law applies not some fantasy land that football fans dream exists.

" deep isnide the club" :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

Cheers,

Harry

now we can all sleep well now as i know that what harry says is 100%true .. thanks harry :wink:

Guest oa_exile
WTF do you know.

FFS have you read ALL my posts? :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

Pretty much read every post on here (or used to) , how's that for a geek :)