Rumours from the tunnel today...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told the same last night. Well only the Wardle buying the club bit, this came from someone who works close to Mr Corney.

This person may have got it wrong but I full expect the news to be made public very soon.

Guest sheridans_world
I was told the same last night. Well only the Wardle buying the club bit, this came from someone who works close to Mr Corney.

This person may have got it wrong but I full expect the news to be made public very soon.

I hear people down south get to know things quicker than most...

Guest sheridans_world
Excuse my ignorance if he is great importance etc. to the club, but who is Harry Dowd's GS and how does he know more that everyone about the club?

No-one knows, he's just always right!

Excuse my ignorance if he is great importance etc. to the club, but who is Harry Dowd's GS and how does he know more that everyone about the club?

In answer to your question, I am of absolutely no importance to the club whatsoever. If I was I wouldn't be, nor would I allowed to be on here.

I don't know where you get the impression that I know more than anyone about the club, because I don't. I watch what is said by the club, I read up on the club from many sources, I dismiss the ridiculous rumours. I ignore the "a friend of a friend who has a friend whose friend has a source deep inside the club" rumours and from that I form my own impression. If I get things right it is either by chance or gut feeling. (Although after 40+ years I know a few people who work for the club, you will never read anything from me on this or any other forum that has come from someone inside the club. It's just not my style)

Basically when you get the crap out of the way you can see a clearer picture.

To be honest the Chris Moore era wiped my misty eyes clear.

Cheers,

Harry

In answer to your question, I am of absolutely no importance to the club whatsoever. If I was I wouldn't be, nor would I allowed to be on here.

I don't know where you get the impression that I know more than anyone about the club, because I don't. I watch what is said by the club, I read up on the club from many sources, I dismiss the ridiculous rumours. I ignore the "a friend of a friend who has a friend whose friend has a source deep inside the club" rumours and from that I form my own impression. If I get things right it is either by chance or gut feeling. (Although after 40+ years I know a few people who work for the club, you will never read anything from me on this or any other forum that has come from someone inside the club. It's just not my style)

Basically when you get the crap out of the way you can see a clearer picture.

To be honest the Chris Moore era wiped my misty eyes clear.

Cheers,

Harry

The impression that you are the all seeing eye comes from your head cheerleader Bob.

We would avoid the nation's quality media saying "told you so"

Matbe, but then you would just say he was released from his contract and give the same reasons Joe did.

Any way, it's pointless debating it because he wasn't sacked.

The impression that you are the all seeing eye comes from your head cheerleader Bob.

Yes, that is what I was referring to when I asked the question.

In answer to Harry's statement, maybe my problem is beleiving rumours too easily.

I have known Bob for 30+ years and although we weren't on the best of terms for a while, he knows I wont spout rubbish. Anyway, what would he know living in Israel :bob::wink:

Maybe, some also see that when I say something it often proves right. So they tend to believe things that I say as opposed to those posters who start posts with A friend of a friend who has a :sauce: deep inside the club etc etc.

Cheers,

Harry

Reason for edit. Need to check spelling especially after a couple of scoops on a Saturday night.

Edited by Harry Dowds Green Shirt

Guest sheridans_world
I do believe that you were sat in the pub very near to me at Cheltenham.

Or am I mistaken?

Cheers,

Harry

I was, we also met at the planning meetings.

Sorry to stop the rumour so quickly ...

TTA have not sold the club to anyone, we THE FANS own 3% of the club which is in trust with Trust Oldham.......

The trust have not had any request from TTA that someone wishes to buy the club whole or part

Lee Hughes was not SACKED ... he was merely not WANTED

John Wardle is welcome to make any offer for the club and I would imagine that he would be welcome to buy 97% of the club also. If an offer is made all members of TRUST OLDHAM will have a say if we accept the offer

Each Trust Member has a voice and a vote !

ever thought that tta have sold there shares in the club ? doesnt mean everyone else has too

ever thought that tta have sold there shares in the club ? doesnt mean everyone else has too

Why would they ? They have invested a lot of money just to walk away now !

I hope and this is my personal opinion that Simon Blitz can be helped with the financial burden of the club with a partner who can invest has much as he can !

Blitz and Wardle !!!! Sounds like a partnership fit for the championship to me :wink:

At least my username would become more relevant :lol:

Why would they ? They have invested a lot of money just to walk away now !

All depends on the price offered, what other financial commitments they have and whether they still see profit in the land around BP and potential in the football played at BP.

I hope and this is my personal opinion that Simon Blitz can be helped with the financial burden of the club with a partner who can invest has much as he can !

The more backers who like football, have deep pockets and are committed to the club, the better. I want my shiny new stand, better players and Latics to be a force at the top end of the Championship.

That said, I don't want 10,000 empty seats each game and I don't want the threat of administration on my shoulder week in week out.

Edited by opinions4u

If ur football club failed every season wouldnt u sell

Do you see the keyboard thing in front of you?

It has lots of lovely letters and things on it. Using more of them can be good.

Try putting full words in like "your" instead of "ur" and "you" instead of "u".

It would add strength to your point. Text speak is, well, a bit chavvy on a message board.

I'll let Diego pick up apostrophes in the next episode.

Edited by opinions4u

Last night, in Wetherspoons, I met the official steward who has responsibility for "the tunnel". He at times is a good trustworthy sauce. He desbribes that area of the ground like the "secret service".

And he has heard nothing of Mr Wardle or anything to do with takeovers.

Merely an observation that is all.

Do you see the keyboard thing in front of you?

It has lots of lovely letters and things on it. Using more of them can be good.

Try putting full words in like "your" instead of "ur" and "you" instead of "u".

It would add strength to your point. Text speak is, well, a bit chavvy on a message board.

I'll let Diego pick up apostrophes in the next episode.

Im really sorry but i dont care jog on