• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow....good job we not going up then....cant see the revenue a 10000 stadium makes,,paying championship wages....we would be more in the sh6t than we are now

Haha...sorry...was just pulling yer leg there :wink:

On a serious note though, nothing has been earmarked. All we know from TTA is that everythings on hold. The money for the stand is dependant on the sale of the rest of the land for the housing to be built, but the price of the land etc. has fallen considerably due to the financial state of the economy. Until that turns around, then not a lot will happen. So even though my cheeky jokey 2014 was tongue-in-cheek, it might not actually be too far from the truth :disappointed:

Edited by boundaryblue80

wow....good job we not going up then....cant see the revenue a 10000 stadium makes,,paying championship wages....we would be more in the sh6t than we are now

Do you really think a 10,000 capacity Boundary Park would be full each week if we were in the Championship?

A problem TTA will have with a new stand is empty seats - whatever league we're in - and they will almost certainly have to risk doing a Bradford/Huddersfield and selling £100 season tickets if they expect to fill the place.

Do you really think a 10,000 capacity Boundary Park would be full each week if we were in the Championship?

A problem TTA will have with a new stand is empty seats - whatever league we're in - and they will almost certainly have to risk doing a Bradford/Huddersfield and selling £100 season tickets if they expect to fill the place.

??

So begs the point... Why build it ? I am talking about the 16,000 seats... not the hotel etc...

Did we use to get 10,000+ in the old days... Cant remember now, been so long :disappointed:

??

So begs the point... Why build it ? I am talking about the 16,000 seats... not the hotel etc...

Did we use to get 10,000+ in the old days... Cant remember now, been so long :disappointed:

The only time in our recent history we have consistantly averaged over 10,000 supporters was during the 3 seasons in the top flight. I think we got around 8000 - 8500 for a period when we first dropped down but it tailed off very quickly when it was clear we wouldn't bounce back up.

The only time in our recent history we have consistantly averaged over 10,000 supporters was during the 3 seasons in the top flight. I think we got around 8000 - 8500 for a period when we first dropped down but it tailed off very quickly when it was clear we wouldn't bounce back up.

I should know that but its been so long :P

??

Clubs that have built shiny new stadia have usually seen increased crowds on the back of it. While this is only a new stand, I think improved facilities will bring in more supporters. Not sure that the cost v income sum would be good though!

Many have also seen financial disaster as a direct result too. So managing the balance of that is important.

Huddersfield, similar sized town, is possibly what we need to look at (not the fact it's a new stadium, but more how they fill it) - and their crowds were rubbish until the £100 season ticket thing. It will be interesting to see how much take up of their increased prices there is next season.

Clubs that have built shiny new stadia have usually seen increased crowds on the back of it. While this is only a new stand, I think improved facilities will bring in more supporters. Not sure that the cost v income sum would be good though!

Many have also seen financial disaster as a direct result too. So managing the balance of that is important.

Huddersfield, similar sized town, is possibly what we need to look at (not the fact it's a new stadium, but more how they fill it) - and their crowds were rubbish until the £100 season ticket thing. It will be interesting to see how much take up of their increased prices there is next season.

So you think we can get more than 10,000.... If we played it right...

I am fully behind the stadium redevelopment by the way... I was only responding to your comment...

So you think we can get more than 10,000.... If we played it right...

Yes. But the owners would have to take a risk (cheap season tickets) to make it a success. If they expect an extra 4,000+ to pay £20 a fortnight and part fill the new stand, they're living in cloud cuckoo land.

I am fully behind the stadium redevelopment by the way... I was only responding to your comment...

The scale of the development needs to be right to ensure its success, so I buy the challenge and understand the hold ups!

I don't doubt TTA (or whoever owns the club) will be sensible when they next come to do their sums on this project. Where that leaves us, I don't know.

Edited by opinions4u

Yes. But the owners would have to take a risk (cheap season tickets) to make it a success. If they expect an extra 4,000+ to pay £20 a fortnight and part fill the new stand, they're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Your probably right..

The problem we have is that position of town is different than Huddersfield for example. Huddersfield don't have as much premiership quality on their door step like we do. For the cost of bus you can be a city's ground, get in for about the same price and watch top class football.

So a £100 season ticket is a bigger risk to us than it was to them...

That said, if you have £80 million for a new stadium build, its probably worth the risk of offering a £100 season ticket as a trail...

Colchester seems to be the exception here, that also may prove the rule.

Build a shiny new stadium, but play badly (ie drop out of the championship and struggle in miod table) has seen their attendances drop nearly 10% this season compared to last season.

I don't doubt TTA (or whoever owns the club) will be sensible when they next come to do their sums on this project. Where that leaves us, I don't know.

We do know. The club official who spoke at the Port Vale game after the demonstration in Novemeber 2007 stated baldly that without the stadium redevelopment the club has no worthwhile or viable future.

We do know. The club official who spoke at the Port Vale game after the demonstration in Novemeber 2007 stated baldly that without the stadium redevelopment the club has no worthwhile or viable future.

That statement was made when planning permission was refused. After that it was granted which changed the picture a lot.

Quick [but probably futile] question Corp. Do you believe the redevelopment will ever happen? It's a closed question so a yes or no answer will suffice.

With a few more games to go, Huddersfields attendances have gone up 40% compared to last sseason.

That is an average of 4,000. or from 9,500 to 13,250

That said, theres last season attendances were almost double our crowds last seasons anyway.

So , at best, you could say £100 season tickets it slightly less than dobles it.

Therefore for us, hopefullly someone can calucalte the summs more accurately. what we donlt knowis how many still buy on the day as the lowest is 9,500 highest 20,000 for the Leeds game, whichw as exceptional.

Current price.

3500*250, season ticket 1,700 *£460 pay on gate = £1.6m

9,000*100 season ticket = 900,000

So we would need 16,750 for it to be the same income.

Not sure that is possible...!

Though admittedly that does not include away fans,

However, our biggest gates have been Leeds and LEicester and there is achance neither will be in this division next season.

I cannot see them doing it as there would not be enough new money coming into the club to give Joe or whoeer.

I am not suire if announcing Joe as the new manager would bring in more spectators now that our form as remained the same, even if we know that it would may be best in the long term.

I am not sure who the TTA could announce that would make a lot more fans buy a £100 season ticket.

Therefore for us, hopefullly someone can calucalte the summs more accurately. what we donlt knowis how many still buy on the day as the lowest is 9,500 highest 20,000 for the Leeds game, whichw as exceptional.

Current price.

3500*250, season ticket 1,700 *£460 pay on gate = £1.6m

9,000*100 season ticket = 900,000

So we would need 16,750 for it to be the same income.

Not sure that is possible...!

Not sure if your arithmetic is right. Of our 3000 season tickets not all are full price, so income less than you assume. And the same applies to pay on the day.

Season ticket money up front allows a little more interest on income, and less paid out on borrowings.

Normal rider about extra income on pies and programmes etc.

That statement was made when planning permission was refused. After that it was granted which changed the picture a lot.

Quick [but probably futile] question Corp. Do you believe the redevelopment will ever happen? It's a closed question so a yes or no answer will suffice.

Planning permission might exist, but that alters nothing if the stadium redevelopment doesn't take place. The way things are looking, I find it difficult to believe that it ever will take place.

So that's a no.

Planning permission might exist, but that alters nothing if the stadium redevelopment doesn't take place. The way things are looking, I find it difficult to believe that it ever will take place.

So that's a no.

House prices have risen in the last month... Fingers crossed the recovery is starting...

House prices have risen in the last month... Fingers crossed the recovery is starting...

It depends which reports you read, doesn't it?

Then you have to take into account the fact that tiny glimmers of hope are seized on by both government and some sections of the media for their own reasons and that many analysts, not least those who called it right on the economy in the first place, are telling us that there is a long way to go yet. Some are maintaining that the uncharted waters we're in with regard to the emergency economic measures so far taken, and which are set to increase, will plunge the world into a depression, runaway inflation or something equally debilitating. Who knows? All you can say is that it would be a foolish man who bets on anything happening to BP soon (at least under the terms of the original plan.)

Furthermore, even if some form of recovery does come about, we are by no means guaranteed that things will start moving in and around Oldham, or that those who were considering being involved in the redevelopment plans have not reconsidered due to chastened circumstances. We simply don't know. But one thing is always guaranteed: more bad things happen than good. Especially to this club.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

1 swallow doesn't make a summer. A small rise doesn't get us anywhere near the house price situation when TTA took over, nor when they had their plans drawn up. At that time house prices were steadily increasing and a very conservative view would have been to see house prices rise with inflation (they were outstripping it by more than double), which gave a huge safety net to any potential investment in property. House prices have not risen anywhere near inflation over the past 12 months, so the safety net has disappeared and makes property investment a much riskier proposition. Prices are unlikely to hit inflation over the next 12 months imho, and probably won't outstrip it over the next 5 years.