Trafford Centre

Ackey

She even requests we drive there sometimes for "something to eat", so we drive all the way there only for her to buy the kids McDonalds or KFC and us two have a curry. I could have walked 2 minutes down the road and had a very nice curry and not had to drive back with a full stomach with the added bonus of having been able to have a beer with it as im not driving. But OHHHHHH NO, "Lets go to the Trafford centre, its FUN" :ranting:

This is the problem, shopping as a leisure activity, imported from the states - "everything you could want under one roof" apart from culture, space, peace and quiet, quality food, quality anything really. What the quote should be is "all the generic :censored:e which the sheeple actively swallow as they are too dumb to think for themselves and we will keep them in that state of perma-panic/misery and dumb them down so they make even better consumers"

I've been to Meadowhall which is the equivalent to the Trafford centre in Sheffield, actually they could be the same place as they are both so big and look the same from the outside, they could even be joined together. I guess it is the same as the TC? Massive car parks, massive "food hall" area with all your favourite franchise fast food joints chucking processed :censored:e down fat unblinking, unthinking gullets? Cinema showing the latest blockbuster like "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" that speaks to one and all about the human condition. I bet the whole place is overly bright with wide concourses and all your favourites from the High St under one roof. People get paid massive wedges to design these places using psychological methods that impart the living dead from their cash in the quickest, easiest and most painless manner.

IKEA is the worst. I had to go and stand outside in the rain because I was about to start punching people.

I visited the one in Ashton. I hear women at work say "I went for a look round IKEA at weekend". A look round. Jesus Christ. It's soul destroying. How they can look at me funny for going to a football away day in some dump of a town when they just go to IKEA for a look round I do not know.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

I visited the one in Ashton. I hear women at work say "I went for a look round IKEA at weekend". A look round. Jesus Christ. It's soul destroying. How they can look at me funny for going to a football away day in some dump of a town when they just go to IKEA for a look round I do not know.

I know, and at the weekend of all times - when every other fool/oppressed husband in the world is also there. Drifting across your path. I think it's been long enough now that I could maybe run in there at 11PM on a Tuesday and go straight to what I wanted, pick it up and sprint to the checkout - I think - but that would have to be at a saving of several hundred pounds to what I could get elsewhere.

i must be weird..every bit of furniture in our house is from ikea..

i like the place...those meatball are feckin srummy and how can you beat a wander around there ,get the bank account hammered by the lass,but just know you are going to pick up a 24 pack of pear koppenburg cider on the way out!

reward!

Knowing the supermarket they knicked reasonably well, I lived in Thornaby for a bit (went to uni there) unless they know something I don't that particular supermarket won't have been overloaded with cash. Its best customers will be students who are on holiday at the mo and I wouldn't mind betting they will have ended up spending more in petrol than they 'knicked.' As to how they got from Thornaby (which is covered by Cleveland police), through North Yorkshire, and West Yorkshire and halfway through Greater Manchester at rush hour without being stopped I don't know. It wouldn't have taken much as the most obvious route has quite a few easy places for a roadblock/one of those stinger things

"I went for a look round IKEA at weekend"

Yep, ALL weekend. Have you seen the size of the place? After you've instructed Sherpa Tensing to carry your modular wardrobe called KUNTE or something back to base camp, the real killer is putting the godforsaken thing up. In fact the last effort we had I nearly threw the "instructions" out of the widow and built my own coffin out of the bits...end it now oh wardrobe God...

Yep, ALL weekend. Have you seen the size of the place? After you've instructed Sherpa Tensing to carry your modular wardrobe called KUNTE or something back to base camp, the real killer is putting the godforsaken thing up. In fact the last effort we had I nearly threw the "instructions" out of the widow and built my own coffin out of the bits...end it now oh wardrobe God...

Your coffin? Or the coffin for whoever said "your doing it all wron.......

425.the.incredible.hulk.033108.jpg

I've never been to the Trafford Centre and never intend to. Walking down Market St is enough to make me turn into a psychopath with murderous tendencies, the thought of what the Trafford Centre would do to me isn't worth thinking about.

Market street on a saturday afternoon = fate worse than hell

Charity workers who now want your :censored:ing bank details rather than a donation

Market researchers

Buy my last big issue off me for a fiver sir....

Market street on a saturday afternoon = fate worse than hell

Charity workers who now want your :censored:ing bank details rather than a donation

Market researchers

I walk through there on a daily basis - I have refined my technique so that they now leave me alone. To start with it helps being a big fat ugly bastard with a shaved head, I find most people tend to get out of my way or at least if they have an option they prefer not to impede my progress. Wearing an mp3 player helps too then finally if they do try and make eye contact I find shaking my head in a very negative manner, as if I have just been asked if I would like to attend Gary Neville's appearance on "This is Your Life" and the after show party results in the chugger turning away and looking for another victim potential donor.

They are always on the bit of Piccadilly where the tram tracks are so after managing to avoid being hit by a tram, run the gauntlet of the drunks that sit on the benches near there, the pigeons that wait near the tramps/morons that feed the vermin pigeons, the miwlfs with their bastard offspring, the sheeple wandering aimlessly from one retail opportunity to another, members of our community that believe this urban space is part of their 'hood and feel the need to protect their territory by wearing their trousers lower than their arsecheeks and trainers that are bigger than Mexico whilst ambling round fronting people and vehicles I finally have to pass the chuggers before I can carry on my way to the little bit of space where I can safely close the door behind me and leave the other inhabitants of this godforsaken planet to their own devices.

So I am sorry if I don't want to stop and listen about child abuse, in fact more of it please, at least if they end up suffering in some secure unit somewhere then they aren't getting in my way on the way home. Same as the Help the Aged ones, give them a one wayer to the clinic in Switzerland then they won't have to worry about the heating bills, in fact use the waste from the clinic to fuel the incinerators that can help generate the electricity to heat the homes for the rest of us. That'll keep the Greenpeace chuggers happy and mean they don't have to try and tell me about the poor badgers or whales when I am just trying to get the hell out the centre of town.

i must be weird..every bit of furniture in our house is from ikea..

i like the place...those meatball are feckin srummy and how can you beat a wander around there ,get the bank account hammered by the lass,but just know you are going to pick up a 24 pack of pear koppenburg cider on the way out!

reward!

IKEA is a 4-letter word that should be censored on here!

We've furnished our homes with Ikea in the UK, France and the US. I just hate the way they make you look at everything! I know there are "short-cuts" but women don't like taking short-cuts, do they?!?!

Best thing about ikea is their generous return policy: if you're having guests for a couple of weeks buy some beds and take them back when they've gone! :lol: (watch out for the mattress return policy though: fake ignorance - I'm good at that...)

Worst thing you can do at ikea is to go in the Exit and work your way back to what you want thinking it will get you out sooner... No, no, no... It makes it twice as bleeding worse... (well it does with my wife) :ranting:

Years ago (before mobile phones were prevalent) we went to Meadowhall and the wife and her sister got lost and me and the mother-in-law had to wait ages for them to find us. The staff refused to put out a personal announcement for them to meet us somewhere. All they would do was read out a generic announcement that if you've lost someone go the Meeting Point or something like that. This was when Latics shirts were sponsored by JD Sports and all the staff at JD Sports in Meadowhall had to wear Latics shirts - Haha you could tell they really loved that! :grin:

Edited by martjs

A friend of mine was on a trip to Liverpool and stopped to buy a Big Issue. He gave the bloke £5 and told him to keep the change, then the bloke said it was his last one and asked if he could keep it. I fail to see the difference between that and begging, except that beggars have a sense of honesty about them.

A friend of mine was on a trip to Liverpool and stopped to buy a Big Issue. He gave the bloke £5 and told him to keep the change, then the bloke said it was his last one and asked if he could keep it. I fail to see the difference between that and begging, except that beggars have a sense of honesty about them.

Seen that happen myself... Businessman in suit agrees to buy a Big Issue off seller, but seller says something like '' aw man it's me last one ''....businessman ''i don't bloody care'' ...the result is the hilarious sight of a businessman in a suit wrestling with this scrotey weasel of a big issue seller for the magazine.

My mum recently handed over a couple of quid for a ''big issue'' in Manchester City Centre only to find the seller had given her some free magazine...by the time she'd realised he'd gone.