Bell Released

From the 'Chron

Royle has told young goalkeeper Josh Bell, a first-year professional, he will not be offered a new deal for next season.

The Athletic manager has already released Andy Liddell and allowed Lee Hughes to join Blackpool on loan for the remainder of the campaign.

“We are quietly preparing for next season and the house-keeping has started,” explained Royle.

It sounds very much as if Joe Royle is going to be here next season, otherwise why would TTA allow him to make these decisions? Unless somebody else is doing so and Joe is just the mouthpiece, as it were.

It's just a strange sort of limbo the club is in and as a fan, I would rather they would tell us one way or the other if Joe is to be offered a contract or not. Our season has disintegrated beyond anything we would have expected not too long ago and although we still have pride to play for, I can't see anything to be gained by not stating their intentions.

It just beggars belief that a manager who will not be here over the Summer and next season should be deciding who gets the chop.

Is anybody else slightly unsettled by the current situation?

It sounds very much as if Joe Royle is going to be here next season, otherwise why would TTA allow him to make these decisions?

Somebody's got to do it, and so far all the decisions make sense.

It's just a strange sort of limbo the club is in and as a fan, I would rather they would tell us one way or the other if Joe is to be offered a contract or not. Our season has disintegrated beyond anything we would have expected not too long ago and although we still have pride to play for, I can't see anything to be gained by not stating their intentions.

But maybe negotiations are underway, but you don't want to show all your cards at this stage.

It just beggars belief that a manager who will not be here over the Summer and next season should be deciding who gets the chop.

I repeat again, somebody's got to do it.

I would prefer a permanant appointment now. And I'd be happy with Joe Royle building on the foundations he's putting in place.

Edited by opinions4u

Somebody's got to do it, and so far all the decisions make sense.

But maybe negotiations are underway, but you don't want to show all your cards at this stage.

I repeat again, somebody's got to do it.

I would prefer a permanant appointment now. And I'd be happy with Joe Royle building on the foundations he's putting in place.

Not a major suprise, but an alternative option is that you get a hatcher guy, then a manager to build the team up again.

That said, I expect Joe to be back, but it would not be a suprise if he wansn't.

From the 'Chron

It sounds very much as if Joe Royle is going to be here next season, otherwise why would TTA allow him to make these decisions? Unless somebody else is doing so and Joe is just the mouthpiece, as it were.

Royle will be here for next season and the season after !!! Even Stevie Winder can see that :grin: