Yeah can see it now, must be my phone

I think deep down we all know what he can do. Hasn't quite gone for him this season, but that's more a reflection on how it's gone in general at the club. Needs to work hard getting back to the level of consistant play we saw last season, so hopefully with some stability at the club he'll do that.

Think Stevie Gerrard might be out of our price range a wee bit so he'll have to do ;-)

To be fair "oh ffs" was my reaction :) The midfield has been shocking this term and needs changing... But considering the budget next term etc he will have to do... Hopefully Joe can pick up someone a bit more creative on a loan / free....

I think it is part of the 'Latics Syndrome' at the moment... but I couldnt really be bothered if any of our players are here or not at the club next year... if Allot signs, good for him, if not... well there will be about 20 out of work footballers that could easily replace him in the summer...

Even Chrissy T - he will be here, but I couldnt care less if he goes anymore, as long as we get a decent wedge for him.

Whatever happens I think we will have about 8 new players in the starting 11 come august...

I think it is part of the 'Latics Syndrome' at the moment... but I couldnt really be bothered if any of our players are here or not at the club next year... if Allot signs, good for him, if not... well there will be about 20 out of work footballers that could easily replace him in the summer...

Even Chrissy T - he will be here, but I couldnt care less if he goes anymore, as long as we get a decent wedge for him.

Whatever happens I think we will have about 8 new players in the starting 11 come august...

Yeh the clearout has already begun and I think alot more will be going

To be fair "oh ffs" was my reaction :) The midfield has been shocking this term and needs changing... But considering the budget next term etc he will have to do... Hopefully Joe can pick up someone a bit more creative on a loan / free....

Exactly, chances are Allott will be the best we can get within our means, and I would go as far to say that the only addition to the centre of midfield next season would be Westake on a permanent.

Think Royle (im asuming he is staying as I doubt all these decisions would be made by an outgoing manager) will definitely bring in supple on a permanent, a big centre forward, a left winger and maybe another centre half)

My god...Hughes leaving really has hit you hard! :wink:

As for Allott, I hope he's here as back up. Coz if not, then it's indication to me that we're keeping what we've got and not improving on it. Allott sadly has been found wanting by not having McD by his side. A player who he could give the ball to and say, "off you go" with it. Sometimes McD did that, sometimes he didn't...hence why we didn't keep him here (which I'm sure had we wanted, we could've done.)

Instead this season, Allott has had to do more. Had to move from his berth. Pass forwards. Sadly, he's not adapted from moving out of that anchorman position and left the defence quite open, compared to last year. Also, his passes tending to migrate "Crabways" than forward...I can count the number of forward balls he's played this season on one hand. On the occassion he has got forward and gambled, he's netted a couple of crackers.

Sadly though, after getting MOTM in a mediocre, injury-ravaged season, this has been a season of "well played last season but now push on and raise the bar." Sadly he hasn't. A useful back up Mark will be. But if he's our midfield mainstay again next season...not much is going to change from this.

Edited by boundaryblue80

As for Allott, I hope he's here as back up. Coz if not, then it's indication to me that we're keeping what we've got and not improving on it. Allott sadly has been found wanting by not having McD by his side. A player who he could give the ball to and say, "off you go" with it. Sometimes McD did that, sometimes he didn't...hence why we didn't keep him here (which I'm sure had we wanted, we could've done.)

Instead this season, Allott has had to do more. Had to move from his berth. Pass forwards. Sadly, he's not adapted from moving out of that anchorman position and left the defence quite open, compared to last year. Also, his passes tending to migrate "Crabways" than forward...I can count the number of forward balls he's played this season on one hand. On the occassion he has got forward and gambled, he's netted a couple of crackers.

Sadly though, after getting MOTM in a mediocre, injury-ravaged season, this has been a season of "well played last season but now push on and raise the bar." Sadly he hasn't. A useful back up Mark will be. But if he's our midfield mainstay again next season...not much is going to change from this.

he has definately suffered from the player of the season award....warne won it then got shipped out!!!

i think the problem this season is that maher and allott are too alike,they are not going forward midfielders,that job is dropping to whitts,who has been much improved since royle came in.

i agree that he would be decent back up,but he hasnt really been given any time with lee,who is a decent midfielder he does like to get forward,and will pass and move given the chance,sadly this season shez decided lee wasnt good enough to play.

im hoping for a few new faces next season,but if you read between the lines its going to be pretty much the same,certain players have been praised recently by joe,so the only positions i can see getting attention is strikers,maybe a winger,keeper and a defender.

For me it's not Allott who needs replacing, it's Wellens. The creative man alongside him.

He'll do just fine as long as we address that particular issue.

Problem is I doubt we will have creative man money next season, as playmakers dont come cheap especially the likes of wellens!!!

Clearly not Carl, but this is where we need Uncle Joe (or whoever) to be a bit smart/cute. Perhaps call in a couple of favours. Perhaps utilise the loan system properly. Perhaps be looking at non league talent. Perhaps be on the phone to his mate Alex. Whatever.

We got NK on loan. He wasn't my cup of tea but the lad had ability. There must be more like him who aren't catching.

Clearly not Carl, but this is where we need Uncle Joe (or whoever) to be a bit smart/cute. Perhaps call in a couple of favours. Perhaps utilise the loan system properly. Perhaps be looking at non league talent. Perhaps be on the phone to his mate Alex. Whatever.

We got NK on loan. He wasn't my cup of tea but the lad had ability. There must be more like him who aren't catching.

I rated that Polish lad who is at wigan Cwyka or whatever he is called, didnt get a proper crack here bit looked class when he was on the field.

Although another point to consider, for those who remember Royles team, does he play with a creative midfielder???

Ive always though of a Joe Royle team consisting of yard dogs in middle, tricky wingers who can cross a ball on the flanks with at least one big man up front

to be honest like was mentioned earlier if they go they go. but Allott is a player we can work with, if he loses the ball he wants it back and 80% of the time he gets it, he wants to play for latics unlike 70% of the rest of em...well donr Mark, IMO you have just about earned it