Interest has never been so low

It's not just trouble you're perceiving, Corp. It's doom.

You need to ask yourself whether it's worth it.

No more so than you, or anybody else does.

There is nothing wrong with looking coldly at what, as far as you can perceive, seem to be the facts of the matter. If that leads to conclusions of 'doom' I can't help it. What do you want? For me to draw the opposite conclusions to those I can't help but draw just so the likes of yourself will be less annoyed? As I've said, I didn't write the script, and for every one of my supposedly doom-mongering posts there are at least half a dozen painting a rosy picture. Perhaps you should stick to reading those?

Some Latics fans make me think of an old Russian joke where Brezhnev is on a train going through the Soviet Union just as it was slipping into economic stagnation. The train stalls and nobody can get it going, so Brezhnev orders the guard to close the curtains, break out the caviar and the vodka and all the other passengers to start making train-like noises.

All together now, fellow Latics: choo, choo, chuff, chuff, woo woo...'

Edited by Corporal_Jones

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? I'm as supportive as anybody of the efforts of TTA, but why should these make us blind to their faults? The plan they outlined in the beginning lies in tatters: we were told that an experienced manager would be brought in to build a squad assembled with financial prudence, and that quality would be added as the new stadium/stadium redevelopment gets underway, enabling financial independence.The overall aim was said to be promotion. That the stadium redevelopment has stalled and is dependent on the fluctuations of the economy is not their fault, but what happened regarding the Ferney Fields site? I have no idea, but had it not been allowed to fall through (at a time when the economy was, on the surface at least,booming), I would imagine that we'd be about ready to move into a fine modern stadium by now.

On the football side, meanwhile, horrific mistakes have made. We've had apparently decent budgets spent by managers only to see the squad broken up in almost every close season and knee-jerk, crowd-pleasing managerial appointments. Last year we all seemed to agree that it was the last stab at promotion due to Sheridan recieving a decent budget once again and the core of the squad being retained. Whatever went wrong, the season saw us become the laughing stock of the division and of local football. Now we don't even know who the manager will be next season or whether he will have a decent budget or hardly a budget at all. First we get heavy hints from both Simon Corney and Joe that there are going to be budget cuts, then we get speculation (although not from within the club it seems) that Royle will only stay if he gets a decent budget. The hardcore fanbase seems to be crumbling and our geographically closest local rivals can put world class players on display for more or less the same price that we offer leaden-footed lower divison journeymen, a turnover of loanees and unproven kids, in a three-sided ground that looks more non-league by the week. People within the club have spelled out that without the stadium redevelopment we have no worthwhile future.

What else does this sound like apart from a club adrift?

Fantastic post...

i know for a fact that the guy who owned the land at the very last moment possible upped the price....the owners organised a meeting which he didnt show and sent a solicitor along instead....the owners aghast at what was happening turned round and said sorry,the deal is this,he has one week to accept what we have offered him originally then the deals is off...he then dragged his feet and didnt get in contact and pissed them about,that is when they said enough is enough and went down the bp route.

you see there is also the issue that needs raising regarding such matters of 15 years of mediocrity etc etc etc....when in reality what happened before the tta's took over is history,done and dusted....we can only realistically go off what has happened since the club was reborn under them.

when a lot of your arguments is or seems to be based around how we have been since comming out of the premiership.

You know for a fact? How's this?

I seem to recall a similar tale in the Advertiser, but I wouldn't accept that as gospel either.

So TTA have never had the results of recent club history prior to their arrival to deal with?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

i know for a fact that the guy who owned the land at the very last moment possible upped the price...

Say what ? :blink:

How can "fact" and "possible" be used in the same sentence? Or you say its a fact it was possible...which is kind of a stupid comment ? :blink:

Edited by oafc0000

No more so than you, or anybody else does.

There is nothing wrong with looking coldly at what, as far as you can perceive, seem to be the facts of the matter. If that leads to conclusions of 'doom' I can't help it. What do you want? For me to draw the opposite conclusions to those I can't help but draw just so the likes of yourself will be less annoyed? As I've said, I didn't write the script, and for every one of my supposedly doom-mongering posts there are at least half a dozen painting a rosy picture. Perhaps you should stick to reading those?

Some Latics fans make me think of an old Russian joke where Brezhnev is on a train going through the Soviet Union just as it was slipping into economic stagnation. The train stalls and nobody can get it going, so Brezhnev orders the guard to close the curtains, break out the caviar and the vodka and all the other passengers to start making train-like noises.

All together now, fellow Latics: choo, choo, chuff, chuff, woo woo...'

You seem to be making an assumption. FTR, you can be neither a doom-monger nor a happy-clapper. But go ahead and throw false dichotomies into the mix while you're at it.

But getting back to your 'argument', if there's nothing wrong with looking coldly at what, as far as you can percieve, seem to be the facts of the matter, then there's nothing wrong with looking at them warmly either. Given you've already admitted you're only arguing about perceptions of facts rather than actual ones, surely both hypotheses are equally valid/invalid/delete as applicable?

You seem to be making an assumption. FTR, you can be neither a doom-monger nor a happy-clapper. But go ahead and throw false dichotomies into the mix while you're at it.

But getting back to your 'argument', if there's nothing wrong with looking coldly at what, as far as you can percieve, seem to be the facts of the matter, then there's nothing wrong with looking at them warmly either. Given you've already admitted you're only arguing about perceptions of facts rather than actual ones, surely both hypotheses are equally valid/invalid/delete as applicable?

Its all opinions... Barry rarely steps forward to explain things on these boards so its all left to opinions and scraping around for the odd article....

You see it postivily, he sees it negatively...its just opinions...I don't get what your issue is ?

Edited by oafc0000

Rubbish... Everyone said the Ferny Field site was by far the best choice!

who said it was the best site by far???

acess via one road only,and a very narrow road at that,slap bang in the middle of green belt,almost 1000 objections straight away.

as opposed to going to develop bp straight away...wasted 18 months of time and effort then go for bp,which got refused because of numptys,and delayed so much that nothing will now happen.

How many times does it have to be reapeated that there are any number of posts on these boards which take the option of putting a warm, rosy spin on club fortunes. Why not stick to them?

How many times does it have to be reapeated that there are any number of posts on these boards which take the option of putting a warm, rosy spin on club fortunes. Why not stick to them?

There you go making assumptions again. You can't help it, I suppose.

Say what ? :blink:

How can "fact" and "possible" be used in the same sentence? Or you say its a fact it was possible...which is kind of a stupid comment ? :blink:

are you takin the piss????

should i have said "then at the very last moment he upped his price"

sorry for being so grammatically inferior to your good self,but the majority of people reading that sentance would understand its meaning,without the need for posting it out of context in some holier than thou attitude,like you have.....

are you takin the piss????

should i have said "then at the very last moment he upped his price"

sorry for being so grammatically inferior to your good self,but the majority of people reading that sentance would understand its meaning,without the need for posting it out of context in some holier than thou attitude,like you have.....

:blink:

You do it all the time... You state a "fact" and then throw in stuff like "possibly" and "maybe"... It just makes it hard to understand what the hell your saying... Is it a fact or opinion is quite important!

Edited by oafc0000

who said it was the best site by far???

acess via one road only,and a very narrow road at that,slap bang in the middle of green belt,almost 1000 objections straight away.

as opposed to going to develop bp straight away...wasted 18 months of time and effort then go for bp,which got refused because of numptys,and delayed so much that nothing will now happen.

Well said.

Too much fooking about has cost us dearly. We are now left with a shed of a ground which will, no doubt, be the butt of many a joke with visiting fans for a long time to come. The place looks like a construction site and has the feel of a ghost town.

:blink:

You do it all the time... You state a "fact" and then throw him stuff like "possibly" and "maybe"... It just makes it hard to understand what the hell your saying... Is it a fact or opinion is quite important!

i didnt say possibly i said possible. and like i said if you want to take things out of context to what they actually mean then thats upto you.

i type how i say it,and i do know that he upped his price at the last moment because a company i was working for at the time was interested in buying land from him to relocate and build a big warehouse complex,and he was quite open to the point of actually saying he was taking the piss,because of the trouble regarding the rugby using the stadium at the time.

There you go making assumptions again. You can't help it, I suppose.

For all the time you spend nit-picking you could be saying something interesting.

As it is, it's people like you who clog up the boards with trivia. People who complain about 'moaners' seem to miss the fsact that they're moaners themselves, the difference being that they don't bring anything worth considering to the table.

Edited by Corporal_Jones