Interest has never been so low

An end to a dour season and the start of a bleak (3 sided!!!) future. If it wasn't for the first 10 games or so we'd be fighting relegation. Let's hope those bottle job players think again about a lap of honour at the Southend game. They've all done their best this season to drag the life out of all who've watched them. At least they've done the decent thing and saved me a lot of money and that will continue next season.

The only things to look forward to are potential away days at Bury and Dale. That's the highlight. Jeez wept.

Please go Joe. I don't want to associate you with such a pathetic state of affairs.

E4e

ARSED

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An end to a dour season and the start of a bleak (3 sided!!!) future. If it wasn't for the first 10 games or so we'd be fighting relegation. Let's hope those bottle job players think again about a lap of honour at the Southend game. They've all done their best this season to drag the life out of all who've watched them. At least they've done the decent thing and saved me a lot of money and that will continue next season.

The only things to look forward to are potential away days at Bury and Dale. That's the highlight. Jeez wept.

Please go Joe. I don't want to associate you with such a pathetic state of affairs.

E4e

ARSED

Goodbye.

E4e

ARSED

Its my opinion and by what Nik has said its shared by others .. agree with parts but I'll be there next season, maybe not has excited or egar but I will be there

Joe for me is the best man at the moment to be manager but HE needs to want a new challenge if he doesnt get yourself back off to Majorica big man

Its my opinion and by what Nik has said its shared by others .. agree with parts but I'll be there next season, maybe not has excited or egar but I will be there

Joe for me is the best man at the moment to be manager but HE needs to want a new challenge if he doesnt get yourself back off to Majorica big man

We will know soon enough, IF tta give him a budget he thinks he can work with then I think he may be tempted

In which case may as well book them tickets to Palma airport now

I cannot see me hanging around for a lap of honour, this season has been atrocious for those who only attend fixtures at BP. I just feel let down in a big way by the efforts of most of the team and cant really get my head around the idea of giving them a round of applause.

I work most Saturday's so can't attend a lot of games but I am there for the one's I can. From what I have seen this season we have in principle a good squad and I do think JR is the man for the job at the moment. I think even if he does crap he's previous exploits will keep him as a club legend.

The squad should not even contemplate a lap of honour, they have let themselves, the club, the fans and the town down. The team is a GOOD one but consistency is lacking. Usually most seasons I have a good idea who should stay and who should go but this season I really am flumexed!

Allot is a good player but does he really link the attack and defence as well as he should do??

Whitaker pretty much the same as allot but has got better under big Joe

Eardley is in my opinion a really good player has had a few :censored: games and has had a lot of ridicule off fans but I think has also got better under JR.

Hazell in my opinion is player of the season, has been class in the games i've seen this season.

Think Gregs should be offered a one year deal but shouldn't be capitano.

New LB required.

Taylor Class enough said really.

2/3 new strikers required, the only one i'd kepp is allessandra.

Smalley again should be kept

Agree with a lot you say Oldhamathleticmad....

I agree with Coco I think there are many that wont be back next season..... They of course will be back if we start to do well and should we go up next season or the season after he and the rest of them will proclaim that they are die hard latics fans who have followed the team through thick and thin.....Which of course is bollox.

When you compare the likes of the Coco's of this world with the likes of the Torquay fans that I often see on the road travelling North, me to Boundary Park, them to places like Altrincham, Northwich, Mansfield, Barrow etc its then you see what being a true supporter of your club is about.

Over my life watching Oldham I have seen us beaten by none league sides in the cup, seen us play in front of less than a 1000 fans and I am sure like others I recall being a little boy biting my nails on the verge of tears praying that my 4th division team wouldnt go bust.

The things the Coco's of this world can be found at several clubs around the country. The suns shines its too hot, it rains they moan that thers no sun. They moan cos they are starving then they moan that the food isnt good enough. They get promoted at work then compalin about the increased workload.

A true supporter sticks with his team whatever and no matter how deppresssing the currrent state of affairs. We look forward to next season and hope for better things and remain eternally optimistic. Just like you fight with your sibling and go three days without talking, you love em still and defend them against all attackers? ...Why? because they are your blood, they are part of you.

Like many others on here Latics are part of me, they have given me so much joy in years gone by and so many happy times are as a direct result of them being there. Yes even when we have lost 0-5 and its been pissing down in Oxford, they wouldnt let me and the kids in the supporters lounge until some of our lads went in and Andy Rhodes said...''Its ok mate they are with us'' - Pricless look on the doorman's face

You dont desert your team when it needs you -- well some do and I guess you are just one of several that will, and then you will come running back the moment we start to acheive something.

One poster in another thread said that he believed that we have the worst fans in the league for turning on their team when things are bad. I am not sure about that but, what I do see is that we have more than one Coco and the sooner they all do the walk and not the talk and get the hell out of Boundary Park the better.

My grandson age three will attend his first game next season and if it goes well he will clock up a few games each season. There will always be a new generation of latics fans coming through to replace the fairweather fans that drift off.

Bye Nik yeah go on save your money spend the day with Coco and the others in the pub and spend saturdays moaning about the club there not here.

I understand your fustration Nik but I am sad that you feel so bad about the team that you are so willing to give up your support.

I am a latics fan and so are my kids and so will my Grandson be...we will always follow our club no matter where we live, no matter what level of football we play......Thank god there are still a lot more who feel the same way.

A true supporter sticks with his team whatever and no matter how deppresssing the currrent state of affairs.

Great post IOW.

Honestly, how depressing is it really?

Some great young players.

A manager of the highest pedigree shaking the tree to work out what's hot and what's not.

There is a hell of a lot to look forward to next season.

I haven't been since Tranmere - thats the longest without going to a game (bar pre season) since I was 4. They have actually upset me this year. When Joe got the job I seemed like the only one who was not and is not happy. The fans have annoyed me - this obsession with the past and former players winds me up no end. I bet when we start doing threads on "who we'd like to sign next season" there will be a lot of names of players who have already been here.

£30 including travel to a home game has been too much for me to pay when I have felt how I have. I'm definately going on saturday against Southend and I'll be back next season - whoever is in charge.

People can get on their high horse and slag people off for not going, BUT people like Nik, myself and others who have been going week in /week out - who have given more time and money to the club than you can believe. When we stop going serious questions need to be asked.

Edited by pukka

I haven't been since Tranmere - thats the longest without going to a game (bar pre season) since I was 4. They have actually upset me this year. When Joe got the job I seemed like the only one who was not and is not happy. The fans have annoyed me - this obsession with the past and former players winds me up no end. I bet when we start doing threads on "who we'd like to sign next season" there will be a lot of names of players who have already been here.

£30 including travel to a home game has been too much for me to pay when I have felt how I have. I'm definately going on saturday against Southend and I'll be back next season - whoever is in charge.

Works out about £47 for me to come to a game...really upsets me to think of how we have thrown this season away...

I think Joe Royle was a decent appointment considering the situation...having sacked a manager with 9 games to go...but we shouldnt of sacked the manager with 9 games to go and put ourselfs in that postion... It was clearly a very stupid move...

I wont be complaining if Joe is given the job going forward...mainly because if he hadnt managed us before we would be very happy with smoeone with so much experience and success taking over...but I do share with you the annoyce about looking backwards as much as we do... As shown at the Tranmere game when we played that stuff over the tannoy...another stupid decision...

Edited by oafc0000

I agree with Coco I think there are many that wont be back next season..... They of course will be back if we start to do well and should we go up next season or the season after he and the rest of them will proclaim that they are die hard latics fans who have followed the team through thick and thin.....Which of course is bollox.

When you compare the likes of the Coco's of this world with the likes of the Torquay fans that I often see on the road travelling North, me to Boundary Park, them to places like Altrincham, Northwich, Mansfield, Barrow etc its then you see what being a true supporter of your club is about.

Over my life watching Oldham I have seen us beaten by none league sides in the cup, seen us play in front of less than a 1000 fans and I am sure like others I recall being a little boy biting my nails on the verge of tears praying that my 4th division team wouldnt go bust.

The things the Coco's of this world can be found at several clubs around the country. The suns shines its too hot, it rains they moan that thers no sun. They moan cos they are starving then they moan that the food isnt good enough. They get promoted at work then compalin about the increased workload.

A true supporter sticks with his team whatever and no matter how deppresssing the currrent state of affairs. We look forward to next season and hope for better things and remain eternally optimistic. Just like you fight with your sibling and go three days without talking, you love em still and defend them against all attackers? ...Why? because they are your blood, they are part of you.

Like many others on here Latics are part of me, they have given me so much joy in years gone by and so many happy times are as a direct result of them being there. Yes even when we have lost 0-5 and its been pissing down in Oxford, they wouldnt let me and the kids in the supporters lounge until some of our lads went in and Andy Rhodes said...''Its ok mate they are with us'' - Pricless look on the doorman's face

You dont desert your team when it needs you -- well some do and I guess you are just one of several that will, and then you will come running back the moment we start to acheive something.

One poster in another thread said that he believed that we have the worst fans in the league for turning on their team when things are bad. I am not sure about that but, what I do see is that we have more than one Coco and the sooner they all do the walk and not the talk and get the hell out of Boundary Park the better.

My grandson age three will attend his first game next season and if it goes well he will clock up a few games each season. There will always be a new generation of latics fans coming through to replace the fairweather fans that drift off.

Bye Nik yeah go on save your money spend the day with Coco and the others in the pub and spend saturdays moaning about the club there not here.

I understand your fustration Nik but I am sad that you feel so bad about the team that you are so willing to give up your support.

I am a latics fan and so are my kids and so will my Grandson be...we will always follow our club no matter where we live, no matter what level of football we play......Thank god there are still a lot more who feel the same way.

An excellent post and one I totally agree with.

Utter nonsense

You've already said yourself you don't get to many games games due to your location so you tend to see things differently to the people who go week in week out and you don't see the problems that have been at the club for the past few years.

I dont think anyone would say ANY latics fan who has been going for as long as nik has to has many games is a "fairweather fan". Very self righteous post. "I'm a bigger fan than you cos I'm optimistic" Type of attitude.

"Just like you fight with your sibling and go three days without talking, you love em still and defend them against all attackers" - I've just gone 6 weeks without talking to them.

Lets get this season over with ASAP and move onwards.

Next season may be a defining one in the history of OAFC.

Edited by pukka

'True supporter' affirmations are all very well, but every football club in the world has them-and every club in the world has many, many more who will walk away when their club is looking like a joke and the players taking the pee. There's nothing a club can do about that except put it right. Many clubs don't have it in them to do so. That's when they join the Torquay United's and the many other clubs who know that they'll never be anything more than they are.

At Latics we are in the unfortunate position of our 'true supporters' being relatively few in number, and appear to have reached a kind of tipping point where even the hardcore appears to be bleeding away. This is due, it seems, to a feeling that the last few seasons have proved that the club will never rise again; that this is all there is and all there'll ever be; that the heart has gone out of the club and that our ridiculous three-sided, deteriorating ground symbolises the whole fiasco.

The happys can rant away, but I didn't write the script. Neither the the thousand or two who no longer turn up at BP every game compared to three or so seasons ago.

Next season may be a defining one in the history of OAFC.

This season, I'm afraid, was the defining one, as many on these boards seemed to agree last August when we decided that this was last chance saloon for promotion and a budget that can manage it.

Then we had the economic crisis and waved goodbye to any prospect of financial security through the stadium redevelopment.

A shrinking fanbase and dependence on the charity of owners who are themselves, so it's said, feeling the pinch economically, is not a recipe for a sound future.

This season, I'm afraid, was the defining one, as many on these boards seemed to agree last August when we decided that this was last chance saloon for promotion and a budget that can manage it.

Then we had the economic crisis and waved goodbye to any prospect of financial security through the stadium redevelopment.

A shrinking fanbase and dependence on the charity of owners who are themselves, so it's said, feeling the pinch economically, is not a recipe for a sound future.

True there is no doubt. I will be there but l worry for our attendances next season. There is no doubt that Latics fans are very fickle. Its got to a point where its embarrassing seeing so few Latics fans at boundary park.

True there is no doubt. I will be there but l worry for our attendances next season. There is no doubt that Latics fans are very fickle. Its got to a point where its embarrassing seeing so few Latics fans at boundary park.

A club has to do something to overcome such fickleness. Exhorting people to turn up to watch effort-free rubbish that's clearly going nowhere, as we have seen, will not work.

For your information Coco I attend around 25% of the games each season ok...and I have followed latics since I was about 10 years old and lived in Middleton. When I cant attend games due to cost or work committments then I follow them from home. Both my kids have been mascot for the club and if you tot up about 15 ferry fares, petrol for a trip of up to 600 miles return plus all the other costs I bet it adds up to a damn sight more than what you spend out.

Just because you live a 5 minute bus ride away does not make you a better of more credent supporter than myself ok. What really :censored:s me off is people like you who come on the forums and moan their freaking arse off day in and day out without having anything constructive to say ...Its just one long moan.

If you really are fed up with the club then stop going. As I have said many do just do that and they show they walk away - What also pisses me right off is when due to my location if we are having a good run and a cup game comes up and its all ticket they all come flocking back and its a ruddy struggle for me to get a ticket cos the ''Good time Charlies'' are in the Q proclaiming their die hard allegence.

And I am not defining Nik as a fairweather fan by any means Im just sad that he thinks hes had enough

Its times like this that the fans need to get behind the club not run away. I do not agree that the good times cannot come back. When JR first came to Boundary park Stottys first instructions were to sell players, there was no transfer fund and to fold the youth team.

The first few seasons he was in charge lets be honest he didnt set the world alight but he DID create an infrastructure that was fruitful and a youth set up that was the envy of many top flight clubs. Who says he cant do it again ? - Do you think hes forgotten how to ride the bike.

I have said before that so much damage has been done that it may take 2/3 seasons to get it right and for us to be moving in the right direction.

I myself will continue to attend as many games as I can afford to - And buy what I can afford from the club shop even if its mail order. I just hope that the die hards will stick it out and give JR a chance to do something

I remember just prior to the great cup runs we had when we reached the semi final of the FA Cup and League cup final how average the gates were - As we progressed it became harder to get tickets. Bolton in the FA cup Quarter Final. Man United in the Semi Final. Southampton and West Ham in the Littlewoods Cup were particularly hard for fans like me to get tickets while the one game a season fans lined sheepfoot lane.

You say you are not goong to bother next season Coco then great .... if we DO get a decent cup run going (and ok we probably wont) I take it then you wont be running down to get a ticket...?

Anyone who travels from the iow/darn sarf, or any distance outside of the borough of Oldham for games, deserves applauding and the club are very lucky to have fans such as these.

Regardless if you can make some games, all games, and some seasons not at all for different reasons, surely the main thing is that you remain a supporter of the club, regardless of if they are pushing for promotion, fighting relegation or mid table mediocrity. As has already been said, the performances of the team do aid towards dictating how a person is going to spend his/her budget for the season, but to consistently and constantly whinge, moan, give unconstructive, negative comments on an internet board cannot in any way, help support the club.