Interest has never been so low

as opposed to going to develop bp straight away...wasted 18 months of time and effort then go for bp,which got refused because of numptys,and delayed so much that nothing will now happen.

At least you can bring yourself to find some fault with the board...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[q[uote name=Corporal_Jones' date='Apr 20 2009, 11:40 AM' post='249114]

For all the time you spend nit-picking you could be saying something interesting.

As it is, it's people like you who clog up the boards with trivia

Gets in the way of all the earth shattering stuff.

Well said.

Too much fooking about has cost us dearly. We are now left with a shed of a ground which will, no doubt, be the butt of many a joke with visiting fans for a long time to come. The place looks like a construction site and has the feel of a ghost town.

Construction site? WE WISH!!! :grin: Its just a 3 sided dump!! :grin:

i know for a fact that the guy who owned the land at the very last moment possible upped the price...

Due to the use of the word "possible" and not the word 'possibly', the indication is, that the guy who owned the land, put up the price at the last moment of negotiations. Just a couple of commas missing, that's all. :wink:

Due to the use of the word "possible" and not the word 'possibly', the indication is, that the guy who owned the land, put up the price at the last moment of negotiations. Just a couple of commas missing, that's all. :wink:

I kind of worked that out...second time of reading... Commas do help :)

At the risk of bringing this thread back to what the initial subject was....

I have lost my enthusiasm. Never has there been an end to the season where I have actually considered whether to buy a ST. It's a given. I start putting money aside. I don't even think about it. I can't wait for the shiny new ST to be ready and picked up. Looking at the new design. Feeling the book full of games to go to. Wonder who will be sitting aorund us this new season. Wonder what George's new favourite moan will be this year :wink:

But I booked flights to go to Crete. I'm having a week in the sun. And I don't know if I can find the money to put away. And I'm not overly concerned. Scary.

I am an optimist when it comes to Latics. I always believe we can do it. This is always our season.

But do you know what? I am sick of forking out all that money to watch players that really cannot be bothered. They are there to earn their wages. Fair enough, most people who work are. But they don't realise just how friggin hard it is in the real world. They get paid to keep fit and do something they love. The rest of us have to do training, work longer hours and get paid no where near the amount they do. It narks me off.

So someone, please give me some reasons why I should start counting my pennies and getting excited about my potential new ST. Answers on a postcard please..............

Oh, and as an aside, if ST prices get put up. Probably no chance of me getting one. But I guess that's a separate post topic.

I have lost my enthusiasm. Never has there been an end to the season where I have actually considered whether to buy a ST. It's a given. I start putting money aside. I don't even think about it. I can't wait for the shiny new ST to be ready and picked up. Looking at the new design. Feeling the book full of games to go to. Wonder who will be sitting aorund us this new season. Wonder what George's new favourite moan will be this year :wink:

But I booked flights to go to Crete. I'm having a week in the sun. And I don't know if I can find the money to put away. And I'm not overly concerned. Scary.

I am an optimist when it comes to Latics. I always believe we can do it. This is always our season.

But do you know what? I am sick of forking out all that money to watch players that really cannot be bothered. They are there to earn their wages. Fair enough, most people who work are. But they don't realise just how friggin hard it is in the real world. They get paid to keep fit and do something they love. The rest of us have to do training, work longer hours and get paid no where near the amount they do. It narks me off.

So someone, please give me some reasons why I should start counting my pennies and getting excited about my potential new ST. Answers on a postcard please..............

Oh, and as an aside, if ST prices get put up. Probably no chance of me getting one. But I guess that's a separate post topic.

It was alleged on this board that one of the players sent a text saying we take it all too seriously... attitudes of professional footballers these days is just simply shocking...

Enjoy your holiday!

Edited by oafc0000

Confirmed.

I understand that said person probably has a right not to have what could realistically be considered to be a private conversation between him and the textee aired in public, but is there any chance of a name being revealed?

Good post and I think you echo the sentiments of many a fan, of many a team up and down the country.

I'm off on holiday and the plunging value of the pound means it's costing a hell of a lot more than when I first booked the flights. This will mean no money for football on the scale of recent seasons.

You are, of course, correct in pointing out the privileged position that that the professional footballer finds himself in, regarding working conditions and scale of pay (depending upon the club) but I do think they realise how hard it is for the average fan. If they don't, then their lack of interest doesn't deserve the loyalty of any fan.

The thing is, if they can't be bothered to acknowledge that fact, then we, as fans, vote with our feet and they, as footballers, end up out of a job.

Well there you go... Makes you wonder if to both it really does!

hopefully he will be oneof those released or got rid of....no time for over paid under achieving primma donna's,and that is the problem.

there isnt any incentive for the modern day footballer to get out of bed any more,doesnt really bother wether they play or not,there wages are so over inflated that by the time they do retire from the game,they have enough cash not to have to worry like the vast majority of us.

to us,quite simply it is the be all and end all,we look forward(not much this season i admit) to getting down to bp in the vain hope that we will actually put a shift in,and compete in a game.football used to be a game that the working class could enjoy after a hard week at work,shout a few names and get things off ya chest and hopefully be entertained at the same time,it used to be value for money.

hopefully he will be oneof those released or got rid of....no time for over paid under achieving primma donna's,and that is the problem.

there isnt any incentive for the modern day footballer to get out of bed any more,doesnt really bother wether they play or not,there wages are so over inflated that by the time they do retire from the game,they have enough cash not to have to worry like the vast majority of us.

to us,quite simply it is the be all and end all,we look forward(not much this season i admit) to getting down to bp in the vain hope that we will actually put a shift in,and compete in a game.football used to be a game that the working class could enjoy after a hard week at work,shout a few names and get things off ya chest and hopefully be entertained at the same time,it used to be value for money.

Heard the name on Saturday, was quite suprised and dissapointed however I dont think he is one to be released - i think he still has a contract to run....

Heard the name on Saturday, was quite suprised and dissapointed however I dont think he is one to be released - i think he still has a contract to run....

i would hazard a guess then and say its one from...

neil eardley

lewis allassandra

dean smalley

neil eardley

lewis allassandra

dean smalley

That's what I'm scared of. I'm a strong advocate of all of them, and it'd be a large disappointment if this proved to be the case. I'd rather it was someone like Hazell.

That's what I'm scared of. I'm a strong advocate of all of them, and it'd be a large disappointment if this proved to be the case. I'd rather it was someone like Hazell.

He got a new deal not long back. I'd be disappointed if it was him. It isn't anyway.

neil eardley

lewis allassandra

dean smalley

Id guess that too it sounds like something someone young and naive might say. Id be really shocked if it was one of the older pros. Id say 2 of those mentioned havent made it as pro footballers yet, so if it is one of them the I wonder how serious wished they had of taken it if they dont make it.

neil eardley

lewis allassandra

dean smalley

Bearing in mind one of them sends half naked pictures of himself to female fans in the small hours before a game and the other two are forever on facebook until God knows what time. Shows the level of dedication they feel for both the fans and their careers and the fact that two of the three are often the ones to hide when the going gets tough.

Its worrying when fans like you, Nik and Prozac etc. Are all starting to lose the enthusiasm for the club.

Sadly I feel the same, been a fan for 15 years regularly witnessed crap in mid-late 90s, yet still enjoyed going and the "buzz" was still there. In recent times i've been missing home games, and not cared about checking the result, nor arsed about not going. Can't put my finger on why. I feel it may have something to do with the constant overhaul of the squad we have each summer. The players have no affinity with the club, it says it all when comments like "you fans take it too seriously" are coming from our very own players. Sums it all up when in the past Danny Boshell and now Matty Wolfenden were/are our longest serving players. Its no wonder we're still stuck in League One.

This season has wound me up more than ever, we started off the season looking like contenders for automatic promotion contenders never mind play offs. Yet as a result of piss poor management, and discipline issues with our players, we have messed up our season up in the most important months. The way we have imploded and slipped out of the play off race has been pathetic and pretty feckin embarassing. But thank god for that early season run as I dread to think where we would be now- that is the only positive I can take from this truely shambolic season.

Edited by Butter