Season Tickets Offers 2009/2010

The trannies are the first out of the trap doors with their season ticket offers

in a nutshell though......

- If bought before may 1st their dearest season ticket is £304

- If they receive more than 7000 season ticket applications before 22md may then season tickets will be £125. All supporters pay the price in full then come 22nd of may if they have hit the target they will refund the difference.

On top of this, I'm sure walsall have also announced that they are freezing their prices.

I know its their 125th anniversary etc, but if we come out with the expected 'the club has had to put prices up this season after holding them for the past three", putting prices up, on a product which will now be considered as an 'expensive luxury' by many die hard fans, including myself, I think we could end up looking a bit foolish.

And I'm not saying for a minute that we should jump on the give away season tickets for bugger all bandwagon as it doesnt always work, what I am saying is the club should not be sitting down, twiddling its thumbs, and doing nothing re prices, and should be looking at ways to make things a bit easier financially for the fans.

I hope im wrong, I don't want to sound like some on here who seem to forever wear a white billboard saying the end is coming, but if the club do put prices up a fair bit, I think they are going to be in for a hefty shock come the end of may when they see how many season tickets they have sold.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

The trannies are the first out of the trap doors with their season ticket offers

- If they receive more than 7000 season ticket applications before 22md may then season tickets will be £125. All supporters pay the price in full then come 22nd of may if they have hit the target they will refund the difference.

On top of this, I'm sure walsall have also announced that they are freezing their prices.

I know its their 125th anniversary etc, but if we come out with the expected 'the club has had to put prices up this season after holding them for the past three", putting prices up, on a product which will now be considered as an 'expensive luxury' by many die hard fans, including myself, I think we could end up looking a bit foolish.

And I'm not saying for a minute that we should jump on the give away season tickets for bugger all bandwagon as it doesnt always work, what I am saying is the club should not be sitting down, twiddling its thumbs, and doing nothing re prices, and should be looking at ways to make things a bit easier financially for the fans.

I hope im wrong, I don't want to sound like some on here who seem to forever wear a white billboard saying the end is coming, but if the club do put prices up a fair bit, I think they are going to be in for a hefty shock come the end of may when they see how many season tickets they have sold.

Anything other than a reduction in prices will see the club in for a hefty shock, credit crunch coupled with half arsed players, a three sided vandalised :censored:-hole and 12 soon to be 13 seasons in League One guarantee crowds of around 3,500.

Will they dare to put prices up?

Anything other than a reduction in prices will see the club in for a hefty shock, credit crunch coupled with half arsed players, a three sided vandalised :censored:-hole and 12 soon to be 13 seasons in League One guarantee crowds of around 3,500.

Will they dare to put prices up?

ps Saturday will be interesting to see how many people bother to turn up and share their appreciation for another season's wonderful efforts. I hope they don't have the gall to carry out a lap of honour...

Thats an interesting pricing strategy from Tranmere. I guess they are basing it on roughly how many fans consider the season ticket purchase, trying to encourage those who might think about it then not bother into signing up. Maybe we could adopt something similar. I wouldnt be expect we could tempt 7000 but maybe look at 3000 or 4000 and then offer a discount, again not as big as Tranmeres.

Clever offer from Tramps. A good late run gives an optimistic feeling. If they don't make the playoffs or lose in the semis then the fans could feel that next season will be the one.

If they do make the playoff final (and the closing date is before it) the offer could give them Championship football ....

At 7000 it seems to be pitched about 1500 - 2000 fans more than the average number of home suporters they get. In latics case that would give a target of, say, 6000 ish?

Edited by LaticsPete

Thats an interesting pricing strategy from Tranmere. I guess they are basing it on roughly how many fans consider the season ticket purchase, trying to encourage those who might think about it then not bother into signing up. Maybe we could adopt something similar. I wouldnt be expect we could tempt 7000 but maybe look at 3000 or 4000 and then offer a discount, again not as big as Tranmeres.

I think 4000 could work

re: lap of honour - If its Big Joes last home game, I hope there is one. We never got the chance to thank him last time. He should do it on his own.

Yep, on his own

- the rest can carry out their lap of honour within a pre-determined route.

Egged and floured from the pitch Pitch - Tunnel - Dressing Room - No Time for Showers - Board Room - P45s - Front Door - Tarred and Feathered - Sheepfoot Lane - 409 - Job Centre - Scrap Heap - Wankers the lot of 'em!

Yep, on his own

- the rest can carry out their lap of honour within a pre-determined route.

Egged and floured from the pitch Pitch - Tunnel - Dressing Room - No Time for Showers - Board Room - P45s - Front Door - Tarred and Feathered - Sheepfoot Lane - 409 - Job Centre - Scrap Heap - Wankers the lot of 'em!

Be careful Paul, Pete will be putting you on his transfer list for comments like that!

Derek.

Latics wont go for any type of discounted ticket price based on sales targets.

It takes away the cash paying customer each week and without them we are snookered.

Very much agreed never said for a minute I thought they would go for any kind of discount, and for the same reason you have quoted, was merely stating above ways in which i think it could work. But like yourself and oafc000 correctly state, no 'new' fans would be attracted by any such offers, rather we will have one less regular pay on the door fan who becomes a season ticket holder, and would have far less people who pay on the door as a result of any new offers.

Although considering the economic climate, I think at the very least the club could freeze the prices for another season.

The main point I was making was that the club would look extremely foolish putting prices up in the middle of a deep recession when other clubs in this division are seen to be making an effort with some kind of ticket offer.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Clever offer from Tramps. A good late run gives an optimistic feeling. If they don't make the playoffs or lose in the semis then the fans could feel that next season will be the one.

If they do make the playoff final (and the closing date is before it) the offer could give them Championship football ....

At 7000 it seems to be pitched about 1500 - 2000 fans more than the average number of home suporters they get. In latics case that would give a target of, say, 6000 ish?

trannies have also cut admission prices for saturdays game against yeovil to a fiver

Very much agreed never said for a minute I thought they would go for any kind of discount, and for the same reason you have quoted, was merely stating above ways in which i think it could work. But like yourself and oafc000 correctly state, no 'new' fans would be attracted by any such offers, rather we will have one less regular pay on the door fan who becomes a season ticket holder, and would have far less people who pay on the door as a result of any new offers.

Although considering the economic climate, I think at the very least the club could freeze the prices for another season.

The main point I was making was that the club would look extremely foolish putting prices up in the middle of a deep recession when other clubs in this division are seen to be making an effort with some kind of ticket offer.

As daft as it may sound it might pay latics to increase S/T prices.

If they did how many would not renew !!

Those that didn't probably wouldn't abandon them altogether and would probably still support them on a pay as you go basis or be selective on which matches they attend.

Now if Joe had an entertaining successful side next season (Big IF i know) but they would then benefit from more people paying on the day.

Edited by losesome

As daft as it may sound it might pay latics to increase S/T prices.

If they did how many would not renew !!

I would estimate an increase of 10% would lose a third of buyers.

Those that didn't probably wouldn't abandon them altogether and would probably still support them on a pay as you go basis or be selective on which matches they attend.

But upsetting the loyal customer isn't clever. It usually takes more than a few months to recover or replace the lost trade.

Now if Joe had an entertaining successful side next season (Big IF i know) but they would then benefit from more people paying on the day.

Extremely dangerous strategy!

But like your warped thinking - there is a logic to it!

here is one idea, taking tranmere's thinking further

the more we sell, the bigger the discount

ie

sell 3000 = £300 = £900,000

sell 4000 = £280 = £1,120,000

sell 5000 = £250 = £1,250,000

sell 6000 = £208 = £1,248,000

sell 7000 = £179 = £1,253,000

sell 8000 = £156 = £1,250,000

personally i dont think giving tickets away for £100 is workable at latics for the simple reason of city and united, plus the fact that we only have a 10,000 capacity. but a structured pay scheme like that could work i reckon.

the figures above are just to give you the idea

No way will the Trannies sell 7000; their average attendance is a few hundred above ours - unless they get promoted of course.

Fair play to them though for coming up with a scheme that might encourage a few more punters to buy at the full price though.

Ive always liked the idea what others have suggested that of were 3000 ST sold- £300, 4000 ST sold - £250 etc. or something like that. Maybe each time a milestone is reached advertise the new price, possibility of it being reduced further if even more signed, wont so much tempt new customers i geuss but hopefully some of the older ones, recent ones who have decided regardless of the football, its just too much to pay (i know a few in that boat, i dont know about others) may be tempted back. Just an idea, not sure how well it would work!

P.S. nice sig slurms :grin:

P.S.S. sort of like yours above philligi lol

Edited by Oafc88

here is one idea, taking tranmere's thinking further

the more we sell, the bigger the discount

ie

sell 3000 = £300 = £900,000

sell 4000 = £280 = £1,120,000

sell 5000 = £250 = £1,250,000

sell 6000 = £208 = £1,248,000

sell 7000 = £179 = £1,253,000

sell 8000 = £156 = £1,250,000

personally i dont think giving tickets away for £100 is workable at latics for the simple reason of city and united, plus the fact that we only have a 10,000 capacity. but a structured pay scheme like that could work i reckon.

the figures above are just to give you the idea

Think people are missing the point of this and how it's useless for Latics -

Current situation - all rough estimates but shows the problem -

2,500 S/T x £300 - £ 750,000

2,500 Pay on day @ £20 x 23 games - £1.150.000

Total income = £1,900.000

Sell 6000 S/T at even £208 = £1.248,000

Sell 6000 S/T and there will be no pay on the day customers - It just wont work .

We have a shortfall of over £600,000

Edited by losesome

I would estimate an increase of 10% would lose a third of buyers.

COMPLETE PIE IN THE SKY GUESS

But upsetting the loyal customer isn't clever. It usually takes more than a few months to recover or replace the lost trade.

YES BUT WHEN THEY COME BACK ITS £20 A GO

Extremely dangerous strategy!

MILES BETTER THAN THESE STUPID SUGGESTIONS OF GETTING MORE S/TICKETS HOLDERS AND PAYING LESS

But like your warped thinking - there is a logic to it!

IF SUPPORTERS WANT A CHANCE OF SUCCESS THEN YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.

PUTTING SEASON TICKET PRICES UP 5% IS WORKABLE