Who could we sign to inspire a whole new set of season ticket holders

think it is fair to say that season tickets might be a bit lower next season.

Even Big Joe has not brought the crowds in (except his first game)

Buildiing on another post, is there 1 player that we could realistically sign that would put bums on seats if it was announced at the same time as season ticket prices announced/go on sale?

Buildiing on another post, is there 1 player that we could realistically sign that would put bums on seats if it was announced at the same time as season ticket prices announced/go on sale?

lee hughes

Not naming anyone in particular, but the only way we could get some new fans in on a mass scale would be by signing some old-timer from United for a season or two (I'd say City, but they don't have any current long-term heroes in their eyes). It would probably work two-fold with more Oldham fans and an uptake by United fans. If you could catch the non-United game times (i.e. not play at 4pm on a Sunday), which could involve Friday night games - then I could see it.

Other than that, I can't think of a reasonable target going that will stop us losing a fair few fans next season.

Not naming anyone in particular, but the only way we could get some new fans in on a mass scale would be by signing some old-timer from United for a season or two (I'd say City, but they don't have any current long-term heroes in their eyes). It would probably work two-fold with more Oldham fans and an uptake by United fans. If you could catch the non-United game times (i.e. not play at 4pm on a Sunday), which could involve Friday night games - then I could see it.

Other than that, I can't think of a reasonable target going that will stop us losing a fair few fans next season.

Killkenny and Wellens

yeah id love to see that goal scoring machine also a lunatic Diego caravano wat ever he is called

I'd be happy if we brought in players who gave a toss personally, not bothered about big names - look where that's got us over the last 4 seasons...

lee hughes

I thought his departure would have increased attendances.......considering the amount of people who "wont be going again whilst he is at the club." You remember the posts....."Well I'm not on my own, I know 27 regular diehards who wont be going whilst Hughes is here." :lol: