Why the hate for Hughes?

Really ? "Big drink" problem to me is basically being or bordering on being acholohic... It isnt simply going to the pub and having a pint...

How well do you know Lee by the way ?

Seeing as he was in the pub 4 doors from where I was living up until last week, supposedly injured, while I was away at Stockport earlier this season...I'd say his drink comes first. Seems he wanted a "Sesh" around Waterhead that Friday night. Also he's made showings of himself in the White Hart and Royton before now. It's well known by people who drink around Oldham after matches that Hughes has been frequenting very regularly. He ain't the only one, to be honest, but then others haven't been in them pubs making quite the arse of himself that he has.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as he was in the pub 4 doors from where I was living up until last week, supposedly injured, while I was away at Stockport earlier this season...I'd say his drink comes first. Seems he wanted a "Sesh" around Waterhead that Friday night. Also he's made showings of himself in the White Hart and Royton before now. It's well known by people who drink around Oldham after matches that Hughes has been frequenting very regularly. He ain't the only one, to be honest, but then others haven't been in them pubs making quite the arse of himself that he has.

So he drinks... and you think he is a bit of an arse... Hardly crime of the centuray...

Going of Lees performance on the pitch I saw a combination of form and commitment tailing off... I saw NO evidence that he was unfit...

I think things are going well over the top on this board recently...

Its funny how people like Corporal get so much stick for highlighting REAL issues and stuff like this goes unchallened....

Edited by oafc0000

So he drinks... and you think he is a bit of an arse... Hardly crime of the centuray...

Going of Lees performance on the pitch I saw a combination of form and commitment tailing off... I saw NO evidence that he was unfit...

I think things are going well over the top on this board recently...

Its funny how people like Corporal get so much stick for highlighting REAL issues and stuff like this goes unchallened....

There's drinking and then there's drinking. Not like you to put words in mouths though eh...what the :censored: is...."coz he drinks you think he is a bit of an arse"...? Come on OAFC0000...even you can do better than that. He's not an arse coz he drinks...it's him "being an arse after having had a drink"...

Oh and seriously...I wouldn't even dare putting on here about what he's been getting up to. And even if I did, it wouldn't be believed by non-believers. He can walk on water for you if you like...not for me, ta!

Not like you to put words in mouths though eh...what the :censored: is...."coz he drinks you think he is a bit of an arse"...?

I actually said...

So he drinks... and you think he is a bit of an arse...

Not like YOU to put words in peoples mouths though....

it's him "being an arse after having had a drink"...

So he is an arse after a drink ... SO what ?? We paid him to play football...not be a perfect person... What he does after work is up to him... As long as its legal and dosent break club rules (which I have heard NO suggestion from the club that he has...with the possible exception of doggy gate which we still dont know what really went on and probably never will)

Oh and seriously...I wouldn't even dare putting on here about what he's been getting up to. And even if I did, it wouldn't be believed by non-believers. He can walk on water for you if you like...not for me, ta!

Walks on water ? He is an ex-con...I hardly think he walks on water...

All I cared about was he performed his clubs duties and scored goals...which he did....

Edited by sheridans_world

I actually said...

Not like YOU to put words in peoples mouths though....

So he is an arse after a drink ... SO what ?? We paid him to play football...not be a perfect person... What he does after work is up to him... As long as its legal and dosent break club rules (which I have heard NO suggestion from the club that he has...with the possible exception of doggy gate which we still dont know what really went on and probably never will)

Walks on water ? He is an ex-con...I hardly think he walks on water...

All I cared about was he performed his clubs duties and scored goals...which he did....

So the highlighted line...the bit you conviniently missed from my post before....

"Seeing as he was in the pub 4 doors from where I was living up until last week, supposedly injured, while I was away at Stockport earlier this season"

Utterly unprofessional in my view. Wasn't out of working hours...well it was, but coz he was crying off injured and getting pissed up around Waterhead...as for doggygate, him and another player were on the piss at 2.30pm (with a mate of mine) and drank right through...

Personally, not the sort of thing I want in the club I follow...if you do...well, you settle for less then. Maybe Corps (seeing as ya brought his name into it...) would agree that a professional forward thinking club should be eridicating this from the cancer within.

Edited by boundaryblue80

So the highlighted line...the bit you conviniently missed from my post before....

"Seeing as he was in the pub 4 doors from where I was living up until last week, supposedly injured, while I was away at Stockport earlier this season"

Utterly unprofessional in my view.

Whats the view of the person treating him ? Was he told not to drink by him or the club ? That would make it unprofessional...

No doubt you have access to this informaiton ? Otherwise to be frank your opinion isnt one that carries any weight...

Edited by oafc0000

Whats the view of the person treating him ? Was he told not to drink by him or the club ? That would make it unprofessional...

No doubt you have access to this informaiton ? Otherwise to be frank your opinion isnt one that carries any weight...

Yes, I have hacked into the secret files at Boundary Park and have this information! Or is it the fact, the team were playing in Stockport, dying on their arse while he was "injured" swigging pints...think it says more about your opinion! Anyway...

Come on OAFC0000...I'm off to bed...you can win this "last to post wins" thing you're doing now...

Yes, I have hacked into the secret files at Boundary Park and have this information! Or is it the fact, the team were playing in Stockport, dying on their arse while he was "injured" swigging pints...think it says more about your opinion! Anyway...

So basically... You have no facts about the situation but just a rash ill thought out opinion... He was injured and not due to travel...(im guessing in light of your lack of evidence or action taken by the club) not under orders from the club or doctors not to drink, he decides to go out with a friend down the local boozer, have a few pints and follow what is happening on the plasma TV which is almost certainly showing Sky Sports News or some other method to check the scores...

Sounds totally plausable to me...

Come on OAFC0000...I'm off to bed...you can win this "last to post wins" thing you're doing now...

last post wins ?? Its a discussion...one that has shown you up for ranting while having little evidence other than the concrete facts provided by "mates"....

Where you the one that started all the nonsense over Craig Davies going to Tesco ? :grin:

Edited by oafc0000

I have just noticed Barry Owen is back viewing the board right now...

No doubt Barry could shed some light on this (alleged) TOTAL unprofessional attitude shown by Hughes and explain why the board tollerated it if true...

Edited by oafc0000

So basically... You have no facts about the situation but just a rash ill thought out opinion... and so on and so forth....

I don't like him, I don't like the way he operates - I feel like I have to summarise just for my own piece of mind here...

Unfortunately he was involved in a bad RTC everyone knows the events surrounding this, I have no doubt that the years in prison was little consolation to the victims involved - I also believe that his appointment with Oldham Athletic and him pretty much carrying on his professional career as a highly paid athelete where he left it in tatters some years previous, was a kick in the teeth for the families that were tragically effected in the case. To be frank (a lot of people know what went on) and without naming any of the principles in the incidents themselves, what happened in the White Hart was a criminal act, what went on at Belle Vue was also a criminal act. With legal proceedings only narrowly avoided due to a certain high ranking OAFC official sweeping up after the circus and making right the situations.

Yes he is a decent 2nd/3rd Division striker; we wonder what he could've achieved if he stayed away from the alcohol - we'll never know, but one thing we do know is what effect the alcohol has had on him.

Lee Hughes was with the squad at Edgeley Park and sat with some of the fans for a time.

To be frank (a lot of people know what went on) and without naming any of the principles in the incidents themselves, what happened in the White Hart was a criminal act, what went on at Belle Vue was also a criminal act. With legal proceedings only narrowly avoided due to a certain high ranking OAFC official sweeping up after the circus and making right the situations.

:unsure:

???

So your saying he was the culpurit at the dogs and he is responsible for criminal acts in the white heart....

I am shocked to hear about such acts in the white heart...surely the local and national media would of been right on it ??

Also you make suggestions that high ranking officals at OAFC knew about this and swept it under the carpet... Which again is puzzling...

Im just bemused at the moment at all the stuff coming out right now...

Is all this cast iron true?? What happened at the white heart incident... ??? Why has nothing appeared on here about the white heart thing ?

Edited by oafc0000

It's hardly "just come out" and I am very sure the WH episode has been hinted at on here many months ago - people talk to me at the match, many of which do not frequent this board and report almost the same account verbatim - and I'm the one thinking it's all secretive! So what the hell, I'm just saying what everybody I know - knows!

...and I know some juiced in people too.

It's hardly "just come out" and I am very sure the WH episode has been hinted at on here many months ago - people talk to me at the match, many of which do not frequent this board and report almost the same account verbatim - and I'm the one thinking it's all secretive! So what the hell, I'm just saying what everybody I know - knows!

...and I know some juiced in people too.

I have heard nothing about the White Heart... I read these boards every day and read nothing about it... I can not understand for the life of me how, if it did happen, it did not find its way on to here, the local media or the national media...

On top of this you make the allegation it was covered up by high ranking OAFC officials which blows the door wide open on the very increasing concerns about how the club is being run internally and makes me worry even more worried that Shez has become the fall guy in all this...

So seeing everyone is in the know except me (considering the people I know seem to know nothing about these allegeded going on - and they are usually the first to know about this sort of stuff) could someone kindly inform me what is meant to have happened ?? If its all true I don't see any reason for people not to fully explain whats being suggested...

Edited by oafc0000

My understanding is pure hearsay, so would be unfair to comment. Remember even if you know it to be true, you have to have witnessed the event to be able to comment without prosecution, even then you still have to prove it........but why am i talking to you. You never listen anyway.

My understanding is pure hearsay, so would be unfair to comment. Remember even if you know it to be true, you have to have witnessed the event to be able to comment without prosecution, even then you still have to prove it........but why am i talking to you. You never listen anyway.

Sorry but that's totally unfair!!! I never listen ?? I am asking for people to clear things up... If Hughes has behaved in the manner described then I want to know...

You said yourself that your understanding is based on pure hearsay... I am getting the feeling a lot of what is written about Hughes on here has been based on pure hearsay yet its being said as fact... People making snide remarks with no substance or detail...

I just want to know the truth... and find out what is a gossip and what is fact...

Once we know the truth, and lets say the truth is what's being said, we can then start the process of find out what state the club is in internally... I mean seriously, club officials covering up criminal acts and making it all "right" ?? Its all very scary suggestions...

But while people fail to give details it just sounds like a load of gossip... I am not saying people are lying, I am just saying but some meat on the bones or stop making these remarks...

Edited by oafc0000

Sorry but that's totally unfair!!! I never listen ?? I am asking for people to clear things up... If Hughes has behaved in the manner described then I want to know...

You said yourself that your understanding is based on pure hearsay... I am getting the feeling a lot of what is written about Hughes on here has been based on pure hearsay yet its being said as fact... People making snide remarks with no substance or detail...

I just want to know the truth... and find out what is a gossip and what is fact...

Once we know the truth, and lets say the truth is what's being said, we can then start the process of find out what state the club is in internally... I mean seriously, club officials covering up criminal acts and making it all "right" ?? Its all very scary suggestions...

But while people fail to give details it just sounds like a load of gossip... I am not saying people are lying, I am just saying but some meat on the bones or stop making these remarks...

There was material published on here. It related to a member of the Latics paid employees forcing unwanted attentions on a staff member of the pub. A senior club official intervened .

OK?

There was material published on here. It related to a member of the Latics paid employees forcing unwanted attentions on a staff member of the pub. A senior club official intervened .

OK?

OK? Kind of... But its hardly the clarity I am seeking... Seems totally unfair to start filling in the blanks and me just making up as I go a long...

Seems like I am barking up the wrong tree here if I want some sort of clarity...