Trust Oldham and the push for 4,500 ST's

I would be interested to know what the Trust can be doing now to raise awareness of the £70 cashback offer and to push sales. We've only one home game left this coming Saturday which doesn't leave a great deal of time to preach to the masses whilst they're all in the one place (I say masses I hope most turn out)

Over to the Trust and I am up for anything in terms of help with this. It's all in our own interests afterall.

The trust will have it's membership list (including those lapsed members).

But this is highly likely to duplicate the club's own records.

What sort of activities do you have in mind?

I was just going to ask something similar, we do need to consider what we can do what the club cant/wont do to promote the season ticket prices?

Although I'll openly admit, im struggling.

I would be interested to know what the Trust can be doing now to raise awareness of the £70 cashback offer and to push sales. We've only one home game left this coming Saturday which doesn't leave a great deal of time to preach to the masses whilst they're all in the one place (I say masses I hope most turn out)

Over to the Trust and I am up for anything in terms of help with this. It's all in our own interests afterall.

It's irrelevant, there is not enough of an incentive there - effectively only a fifth of the price - If you'd have got it 1/2 price for 6000 I'd have expected a betterv response - I'm resigned to payinf full whack

It's irrelevant, there is not enough of an incentive there - effectively only a fifth of the price - If you'd have got it 1/2 price for 6000 I'd have expected a betterv response - I'm resigned to payinf full whack

Only a fifth!?! How often can you go to a shop and get 20% off? Most online deals will give you 10% maximum and these are large successful organisations with large margins to play with and not "little oldham" who are already struggling to make St's profitable.

We bemoan the lack of incentive and go on about it for weeks and months and they introduce it and people shoot it down. You wonder why they bother don't you!?

Only a fifth!?! How often can you go to a shop and get 20% off? Most online deals will give you 10% maximum and these are large successful organisations with large margins to play with and not "little oldham" who are already struggling to make St's profitable.

We bemoan the lack of incentive and go on about it for weeks and months and they introduce it and people shoot it down. You wonder why they bother don't you!?

I am not suggesting it isn't a good offer, Im suggesting it's probably not good enough to entice an extra £1500 people in the middle of a recession, Do you honestly think the TTA expect to sell 4,500 - I applaud them for it and hope the figure is achieved, I only said what i said because I dont think it's an offer that will catch the imagination of non-ardent fans - If we'd have done the sell 6000 (or the equivalent to acheive the same profits) then get it half price I just think that's more of a stand out offer to get people excited

As I said I applaud them, Hope Im wrong ant the target is acheived

Leaflets..chatting to supporters. Possibly canvassing.

I'd have thought leaflets in the Advertiser would be a good bet, people will open the paper have a brief glance then maybe, just maybe if the club's crest was emblazened on one side taking up the whole page with details on the reverse, might get some peopless attention......as long as the missus doesn't see it 1st and bin it!

Edited by tangerinedreams

I'd have thought leaflets in the Advertiser would be a good bet, people will open the paper have a brief glance then maybe, just maybe if the club's crest was emblazened on one side taking up the whole page with details on the reverse, might get some peopless attention......as long as the missus doesn't see it 1st and bin it!

Seeing I work in marketing, I've always found leaflet advertising an expensive way to sell for not much revenue. I'll bet a huge majority of people ditch whatever is loose in the paper straight in their recycling bin without even seeing what it is.

Newspaper advert may work, if it's full colour and a full page, but people are quite advert and banner blind when reading these days. I think a well-placed billboard advertising it may be slightly better, but again expensive.

I'd actually love know what records Latics fans kept of people who bought tickets and season tickets going back into the 1990's. Even off old data, you can track them down using companies like Experian or Abacus and then do some targetted marketing directly to them. With the whole Big Joe thing, assuming he stays, it could spark enough of an uplift to take us over the target.

And Hardy, if you're reading this I'm on £500 a day consultancy. :grin:

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

I'd actually love know what records Latics fans kept of people who bought tickets and season tickets going back into the 1990's. Even off old data, you can track them down using companies like Experian or Abacus and then do some targetted marketing directly to them. With the whole Big Joe thing, assuming he stays, it could spark enough of an uplift to take us over the target.

Or even the names and addresses of ticket buyers for games at Everton, or play-off matches v Blackpool or the Man City/Bolton FA Cup games.

I still think a 10 match season ticket (at less than £18 a game) is the way forward.

Seeing I work in marketing, I've always found leaflet advertising an expensive way to sell for not much revenue. I'll bet a huge majority of people ditch whatever is loose in the paper straight in their recycling bin without even seeing what it is.

Newspaper advert may work, if it's full colour and a full page, but people are quite advert and banner blind when reading these days. I think a well-placed billboard advertising it may be slightly better, but again expensive.

And Hardy, if you're reading this I'm on £500 a day consultancy. :grin:

I was thinking more about an aggressive marketing campaign - How about a small article in the Chron and hidden within a news item on the official website :grin:

I was thinking more about an aggressive marketing campaign - How about a small article in the Chron and hidden within a news item on the official website :grin:

An aggressive marketing campaign with the item 'hidden' on a news report and a 'small' article in the local rag? Rar!

We need something in the town centre. Something in the heart of the town, maybe a small stall with the opportunity to apply for season tickets. People can be told and told about an offer but will be too apathetic to do anything about it unless something is placed infront of them. Make things easy!

The Trust will have a full page advert in the Chron next week in regards to getting the Season Ticket offer advertised.

We all can help advertise this offer, word of mouth at work in the pub, out with mates.

The ST offer (imo) isnt the greatest, other clubs have done better offers in recent times but its the BEST offer TTA can manage without putting the club in financial trouble and I thank the Board of Directors for making that decision !

The Poster and advertising tools that I'm organising will not only be in the local press and on here Owtb, it will be on the Trust site and hopefully the Official site too.

I will also try to make the Poster available to be downloaded so fans can use it has a screen saver at home and work for people to see, print off and give to friends and forward by e-mail to friends and colleagues that have a soft spot for Latics

The Club havent given US the fans the most time to advertise this offer, we have one home game left to get fans talking about it !

Weather people think 4500 ST holders is possible for next season is not point, we all have to keep positive on this idea that 4501 ST will not only benefit each ST holder by £70 but it will mean that the club are better off financially.