Trust Oldham and the push for 4,500 ST's

Are the club going to keep us informed on how many season tickets they sell as I'm sure some of those people who can't make every game would buy one if it meant they would be getting their money's worth and they may need the discount to do that?

Are the club going to keep us informed on how many season tickets they sell as I'm sure some of those people who can't make every game would buy one if it meant they would be getting their money's worth and they may need the discount to do that?

That only the club can answer

The Trust will have a full page advert in the Chron next week in regards to getting the Season Ticket offer advertised.

Superb. Can the Trust afford smaller back page reminder adverts through the Summer? Or similar in the Advertiser?

We all can help advertise this offer, word of mouth at work in the pub, out with mates.

We need to talk in terms of the £10 a game calculation etc etc.

I will also try to make the Poster available to be downloaded so fans can use it has a screen saver at home and work for people to see, print off and give to friends and forward by e-mail to friends and colleagues that have a soft spot for Latics
Some of the best ideas are often the simplest.

What the hell. Let's go for it. Get your Dad or Grandad to come back to matches!

Superb. Can the Trust afford smaller back page reminder adverts through the Summer? Or similar in the Advertiser?

We need to talk in terms of the £10 a game calculation etc etc.

Some of the best ideas are often the simplest.

What the hell. Let's go for it. Get your Dad or Grandad to come back to matches!

The Chron and Trust have a good relationship due to the Late Jim Whittingham, so I'm sure we will continue with the pro-active marketing and support I have in mind

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having just spoke to Barry about how the Trust can help with this latest ST drive we are looking at the following ideas;

• Advertisng in the local Media and websites
  • Generic Emails
  • Fans Forum
  • Helping Fans wishing to pay via convenient instalments do so via the Oldham Athletic Easy Payment Plan, provided in association with Zebra Finance. Organising someone from the Finance company to attend the forum and answer questions about taking your ST out this way
  • Regular meetings over the Summer
  • Improving the match day experience
  • Bringing the fans there own BAR back to Bp next season

The Trust have launched a new blog site to help promote all latic issues

I'm sure that the club will keep supporters informed of the season ticket sales figures on a regular basis.

One of the biggest pushes this deal can be given is for the fans who expect to purchase a ST and have the funds available, buy nice and early to get the season ticketometer off to a good start.

They can have my money as soon as Joe signs on the dotted line.

:unsure:

Same here, the form's filled in and I had to stop myself from giving it the wife to drop off as she's collecting my shirt this afternoon. I'm sticking to my guns on this one, I want to know we plan to be competitive, I'll still come to games, pretty much all the home games, but since February 2007 there has been stagnation. I won't commit until I know the club is doing something to get out of the rut it has been in. Joe wielding the axe is a start but I want to see suitable replacements. If Joe signs I sign. If it's a cheap option - no way i'm afraid.

Same here, the form's filled in and I had to stop myself from giving it the wife to drop off as she's collecting my shirt this afternoon. I'm sticking to my guns on this one, I want to know we plan to be competitive, I'll still come to games, pretty much all the home games, but since February 2007 there has been stagnation. I won't commit until I know the club is doing something to get out of the rut it has been in. Joe wielding the axe is a start but I want to see suitable replacements. If Joe signs I sign. If it's a cheap option - no way i'm afraid.

What about if its not joe, but its not a cheap option either?

And who would you define as a cheap option?

We need to broaden our horizons beyond the town of Oldham if we're expecting to sell more than 4500, it happens all the time when we put a promotion on, you only hear about it on the Official website and in the Oldham Chron, so for people like me who live close enough to the club but not in the Oldham area oblivious to these promotions if there is no internet connection available

What about if its not joe, but its not a cheap option either?

And who would you define as a cheap option?

what he means is the money the manager will have to spend. joe has been saying things like how money to spend is necessary, so if he doesnt sign on then that almost certainly means that we have no money to spend.

what he means is the money the manager will have to spend. joe has been saying things like how money to spend is necessary, so if he doesnt sign on then that almost certainly means that we have no money to spend.

Yes knew that,but he also said he doesnt want the cheap option. But it is possible that we may end up with someone like ince or holloway, whom could not be considered a cheap option.

My interpretation of the cheap option is either ritchie or some other lower league manager out of work like cotterill, or appointing from within

Spread the word as much as possible, viral e-mail campaigns - send it to all members on this board for a starters.

Use Facebook etc etc to spread the word.

To drag people back without knowing the manager is difficult, let alone any players whom have dragged the clubs name through the mud.

The club needs a feel good factor to stir the blood in the old ST holders; any adverts/flyers/posters etc need to pitch it properly.

Maybe the club can go a step further with another set amount off if STs reach 6k - aim big :pray:

Flyers in schools, the kids can take them home to their parents in schools throught the borough - get the council onboard :)

I'm a lapsed fan. I get a flyer for £70 cash back if Latics sell 4,500 season tickets this season. Excellent! Hang on, the condition is I have to shell out £300 and buy a season ticket which I haven't done for 10 years.

You're right, ta.

E4e

C'MON

I'm a lapsed fan. I get a flyer for £70 cash back if Latics sell 4,500 season tickets this season. Excellent! Hang on, the condition is I have to shell out £300 and buy a season ticket which I haven't done for 10 years.

You're right, ta.

E4e

C'MON

Quite a few of the current season ticket holders, me included, will be renewing again this year.

Probably less than last season but 3,000 isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

If we as a collective renew nice and early, that 4,500 target will look a hell of a lot more achievable to the lapsed fans.

Give a hoot, buy early.

Quite a few of the current season ticket holders, me included, will be renewing again this year.

Probably less than last season but 3,000 isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

If we as a collective renew nice and early, that 4,500 target will look a hell of a lot more achievable to the lapsed fans.

Give a hoot, buy early.

I think that's the key, if it starts looking at all possible then it could get a bandwagon going. I dare say it's a bit out of reach but if we can make a few signings that get a buzz going, who knows?

The key target market IMO isn't the person who hasn't been for 10 years, it's person who goes to every other or two thirds of games, or who know they won't get value from a ST because they have commitments which will make them miss too many games. At £230 a ST is attractive again.

Give a hoot, buy early.

This is what I put on the "Season Tickets from £233" thread:-

"I'd suggest they have an option for people to "buy" a ticket at the discount price, subject to a slightly higher price, but that can be refunded if we don't hit 4500.

I reckon (?) that most of the hardcore would renew anyway, so we'd have around 3000 full price tickets sold.

To get the other 1500 let them pay £15 extra; £253 (£11 per game) for the RRE rather than £238. If we hit 4500 they get a season ticket, if we don't they can either have the money back or get a 16 game ticket book (£15.81 a game, maybe make it 17 games- £14.88 a game?) as an alternative option. This way those who'd have one for £250ish can go for it with less risk.

Promote the Boundary Blues £50 u/16 tickets massively too as a family package:- Under £15 for an adult and 2 kids!"

Edited by real

I think that's the key, if it starts looking at all possible then it could get a bandwagon going. I dare say it's a bit out of reach but if we can make a few signings that get a buzz going, who knows?

The key target market IMO isn't the person who hasn't been for 10 years, it's person who goes to every other or two thirds of games, or who know they won't get value from a ST because they have commitments which will make them miss too many games. At £230 a ST is attractive again.

Exactly. If those who often paid on the day (myself included) took the plunge and committed to a ST the 4,500 target would be no problem... I think it's a great offer, the best the club could've offered given the circumstances, but I just don't think many pay-on-dayers will see it as that great a deal to be tempted to part with 230 quid...I'm going to though.