who do you want to get promted  

194 members have voted

1. 1. both good sides

• bury
    • rochdale
    • Gillingham
    • Shrewsbury
    • Don't care

Having spent 14 years at school in Bury, but having lived in technically Rochdale for over 20 I've a soft spot for both teams. Having said that Gillingham is a ground I've not been to and if we get them early or late in the season could be a good weekend trip. Shrewsbury is another place I've never been too and being slightly partial to a pint of 'proper' cider could also be a good trip. Bury and Rochdale, Yeah they are close but the pub facilities are not that great at either ground and the town centres its either a weatherspoons or a lloyds or some other chain or a dive. To be honest I can see the plus points for all the playoff teams and the negatives for all them either.

I was just happy that Carlisle and Hartlepool stayed up this season otherwise that might have really :censored: me off after all if you think its Division 3 South living in Oldham you should try spending 90% of the season living in Durham. Plus both are good away trips (although I am biased as live only 20 miles from Hartlepool).

EDIT: Can we have a don't care option or someone else please in the vote.

Edited by rudemedic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:sleeping:

The fact that it's been said before doesn't make it any less depressing.

Trouble with the dwindling band of Latics regulars is, for some, diminished ambition and for others the fact that it was never there in the first place. That's why we can't keep pace with similar clubs in similar towns.

Having spent 14 years at school in Bury, but having lived in technically Rochdale for over 20 I've a soft spot for both teams. Having said that Gillingham is a ground I've not been to and if we get them early or late in the season could be a good weekend trip. Shrewsbury is another place I've never been too and being slightly partial to a pint of 'proper' cider could also be a good trip. Bury and Rochdale, Yeah they are close but the pub facilities are not that great at either ground and the town centres its either a weatherspoons or a lloyds or some other chain or a dive. To be honest I can see the plus points for all the playoff teams and the negatives for all them either.

Rochdale has "The Church" on it's doorstep. It's only small but it's a proper football pub. Then there's the Radcliffe Arms which is big at the back of the mainstand. It even has Lionel Richie behind the bar. Then There's the Dale bar just to the side of that which you pay a quid to get in. Not to mention Studd's at the back of the WMG stand. That's four pubs on Spotland's doorstep which accomodate either fans. Then there's only a short 5/10 minute walk to a couple of nearby boozers like the Cemmy which accomodates those fans who like their 'real ales'. Further down Bury Road there's the likes of the Dog and Partridge, etc.

The fact that it's been said before doesn't make it any less depressing.

Trouble with the dwindling band of Latics regulars is, for some, diminished ambition and for others the fact that it was never there in the first place. That's why we can't keep pace with similar clubs in similar towns.

CUCKOO CUCKOO

"Not too good with their maths, some of the Bury fans got carried away."

"us at the bury game and then some one sed that where r going up so we r happy but we found out later we r no "

Nor their spelling...!

Rudemedic, having grown up around shrewsbury i can assure you it's a great place and i also love proper cider (especially after going to uni in bristol) however proper cider does not come from nor is sold widely in shrewsbury, you need to go further south into southwest territory for that.

You had your chance with Hereford this year, and still have Yeovil & Bristol Rovers next year though!

Edited by monkeykieran

:banana3:

Forgot to say... well done to Exeter, fantastic stuff, played with 95% of the squad they came up with from the conference, and seem to have one of the most promising mangers in the football leage in Paul Tisdale.... brilliant... cant wait to go there next season...

My mate (him what works for Flybe) has been going to Exeter this year a bit, he's a Bristol City fan from London who moved down that backward corner of the world on account of his missus (and what sort of a wimp would agree to that? ;) ). It was the best way to stop his little lad being a Chelsea fan. He's really enjoyed it, reckons it's a cracking little club.

who do you want to see get promoted?

Bury. No offence to Rochdale but I'd find it a bit depressing if they were in the same league as us.

I am one of those doom and gloomers who still thinks we should be in the Division 2/Championship... Or does that make me a happy clapper or an arrogant "Glory days fan living in the past"? :grin:

Rudemedic, having grown up around shrewsbury i can assure you it's a great place and i also love proper cider (especially after going to uni in bristol) however proper cider does not come from nor is sold widely in shrewsbury, you need to go further south into southwest territory for that.

You had your chance with Hereford this year, and still have Yeovil & Bristol Rovers next year though!

Eek, that could be my fault (I'm sure I've mentioned it somewhere else on here).

However, I managed to find it fairly easily (with a bit of planning). Prince of Wales sold Westons. The Admiral Benbow I remember being in, and thought that sold some. But the main one was the Salopian that sold more than just the odd one. By the time I left there I was utterly Brightoned (it was kind of late by then though).

Granted it is no Herefordshire etc, but it still does well for me.

I've backed Shrewsbury Leeds and Burnley. (Will win £170 ish) from a fiver.

Surely as a Dale fan :grin: Rocky you should want Gillingham to go up what with simpson and all that?

Well looking at who else has come up and down it is obviously going to be The Gills - The petrol companies will be loving us

I've backed Shrewsbury Leeds and Burnley. (Will win £170 ish) from a fiver.

Surely as a Dale fan :grin: Rocky you should want Gillingham to go up what with simpson and all that?

Simmo is manager of Shrewsbury, which is why todays result at giggle lane was equally special.

cya next season for another derby buckets

"2 minutes from wembley." :shock:

COME ON SHREWS. PLEASE BEAT THE PIKEYS!!

Edited by Rocky_Latic