Brooke = Torres?

weve got a lot to look foward to then according to the M.E.N.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo...cue_from_torres

Calm down son, Ryan Sugden, Matthew Tipton and even Mark Allott made a similar impact on their debuts/early on in theiur Latics careers, two are playing non-league and one proved to be so useless up front that he was converted into a battling midfielder. Your target should be to knuckle down in the reserves next season and force DP to give you an extended run.

His armband proved he was a blue, Brooke , Brooke

You are already better than Lewi and Wolfy, Brooke, Brooke

We got the boy from sunny Oldham, give him the ball hell score again

Ryan Brooke, Oldhams No 32

Na, na, na, na....Brooke

:getmecoat:

:ranting:

We moan and moan and moan and freakin moan all season about playing with a lack of confidence. A kid comes in and shows some and shock :censored:ing horror we moan about it.

Sure he's never going to be Torres but I'd rather have this kid with confidence than Wolfy coming on and looking afraid to touch the bloody ball!!

:mad:

We moan and moan and moan and freakin moan all season about playing with a lack of confidence. A kid comes in and shows some and shock :censored:ing horror we moan about it.

Sure he's never going to be Torres but I'd rather have this kid with confidence than Wolfy coming on and looking afraid to touch the bloody ball!!

totally agree !

totally agree !

Me Too!!

We have so many confidence players at the club; ones that when they're 'up'; they can be on fire - but when they're on a downer then they look at best conference players.

It's refreshing to see a young lad who backs himself, has confidence in his own ability & wants to succeed in the game.

He is obviously no Torres, nor will he be.....but why not look to players like Torres & try & learn from their game in terms of movement etc. I see nothing bad in this little article at all.

Next season is all about putting the graft in for Brooke (& Dawson, Rowney & Ollerenshaw). Get in the reserve side, work hard in training & try & force DP's hand so that when a chance arises they take it. A cheeky loan move to a high conference or low L2 side mid way through the season might not go amiss either. It's all about development at this stage in all the 4 young lads careers; but there is nothing wrong at all in having confidence in your own abilities!!!!

A bit of crap journalism me thinks too

Story out of nothing

Precisely. Experienced reporter gets a quote out of a 17-year-old kid, blows it up and people will remember it and use it as mud to throw at the lad whenever they are unhappy with his performance. Who is he supposed to have chosen as a role model? Steve Kabba?

Written off after one game, typical Latics.

No what he means is sure he is going to be no Torres,

but kids in the future will be saying

I like to think I'm a bit of a Ryan Brooke I aspire to be the greatest."

To be fair to the lad his movement for his goal was quality. Running in line with Smalley then dropped back into the space, great ball in to find him, then he switched feet to trick the defender and stuck it in with his wrong foot. I think Torres would have been proud B)

Obviously its only one game, and he needs to do it week in week out, but a promising start and if he wants to model himself on Torres its fine by me.

Me Too!!

Next season is all about putting the graft in for Brooke (& Dawson, Rowney & Ollerenshaw). Get in the reserve side, work hard in training & try & force DP's hand so that when a chance arises they take it. A cheeky loan move to a high conference or low L2 side mid way through the season might not go amiss either. It's all about development at this stage in all the 4 young lads careers; but there is nothing wrong at all in having confidence in your own abilities!!!!

Spot on!

No what he means is sure he is going to be no Torres,

but kids in the future will be saying

I like to think I'm a bit of a Ryan Brooke I aspire to be the greatest."

I was taking the mick but I am puzzled why Brooke can't be as good as Torres? Torres's record so far is not too dissimilar from Alessandra's, granted he started at a higher level :

Torres

2008 - 2009 21 13 Liverpool

2007 - 2008 33 24 Liverpool

2006 - 2007 36 15 Atlético Madrid

2005 - 2006 36 13 Atlético Madrid

2004 - 2005 38 16 Atlético Madrid

2003 - 2004 35 20 Atlético Madrid

2002 - 2003 29 13 Atlético Madrid

2001 - 2002 36 6 Atlético Madrid

2000 - 2001 4 1 Atlético Madrid

Alessandra

2008 - 2009 14(20) 5 Latics

2007 - 2008 12(4) 2 Latics

Why is it so out of the realms of possibility that Brooke or perhaps Alessandra could emulate or even surpass Torres? Everyone has to start somewhere....

Who is he supposed to have chosen as a role model? Steve Kabba?

That's what I thought. I doubt many youth team footballers limit their ambition to being the best player in their club or division even. Most of them probably have a TV in their room, maybe even with Sky Sports!

Quite right in what you say, although I'm sure that nobody can seriously be putting this lad down already.

He says:

"I like to think I'm a bit of a Fernando Torres I aspire to be the greatest."

Which to me says, that he, like Torres, is aspiring to be the greatest.

Nothing wrong with that, at all.

His armband proved he was a blue, Brooke , Brooke

You are already better than Lewi and Wolfy, Brooke, Brooke

We got the boy from sunny Oldham, give him the ball hell score again

Ryan Brooke, Oldhams No 32

Na, na, na, na....Brooke

More like it :wink: