On Line petition... For Latic games to the club

I ask when the fixtures are discussed with the club by the football League that they consider the fans travelling on a Mid-week night match to places like Exeter, Yeovil, Gillingham :shock: Southampton, Norwich and Charlton...

Protect the fan from arriving home at 1-2am .....

Dear Oldham

Please can you try by what ever means available, to ensure that the travelling Latic does not have to be on the M1, A1, M6 at silly O'Clock next season

Signed

Wardlelatic

I ask when the fixtures are discussed with the club by the football League that they consider the fans travelling on a Mid-week night match to places like Exeter, Yeovil, Gillingham :shock: Southampton, Norwich and Charlton...

Protect the fan from arriving home at 1-2am .....

Dear Oldham

Please can you try by what ever means available, to ensure that the travelling Latic does not have to be on the M1, A1, M6 at silly O'Clock next season

Signed

Wardlelatic

A very good idea Wardle however i suspect the football will turn a blind eye, also due to the fact there are so many games down south what little games with in a 50mile radius should be kept otherwise alot of away supporters could miss out. Of those you mentioned from a selfish point of view Yeovil and Gillingham are ground i've been to so they can stay mid week along with Swindon, Bristol, Orient, Wycombe.

er...i thought they were just told by the football league -"thats your fixture list-agree with the other club as to alterations"?

Nope the FL give the club an idea of the fixtures within weeks of the leagues being confirmed after play offs extra

The club can request ceratin matches to be a sat or Tuesday game etc

Cheltenham etc moved the race weekend game to the sat like they did this year for us.

Our Tuesday night game should be no further than Walsall

Gillingham 2 season ago we got back nearly 4:30 am due to road works on the M1 didnt we...

I know Hudds is a good payday for a Sat but it being on a Tuesday wouldnt stop us taking the same sort of numbers ...

Bristol Rovers away feels like it is turning into a mid-week tradition now.

I think I'll struggle to avoid a late night trip along the A1 at some point

I think its about time we played Bristol Rovers away on a Saturday. Personally we are going to be very lucky not to have at least 2 or 3 Tuesday night games some distance away but if we do we deserve to play certain Southern teams on a Tuesday night at home (turn the tables as it were). By the way OS, I've a sneeky suspicion that the A1 (as opposed to the A1(M)) is going to be a nightmare for the next few years the a19 looks a good bet (its not that much further and you can have a higher average speed).

er...i thought they were just told by the football league -"thats your fixture list-agree with the other club as to alterations"?

The club can make suggestions, as can the police. We always play Leeds in the midweek as GMP don’t want them here at the weekend.

All the info is HERE!!!