Released Players

within my circle of latics fans a lot of my mates have been worrying that we wont have the funds to build a squad good enough to mount a REAL play off push (not another good start and then a xmas drop off).

but looking and watching SSN daily i have been shocked at the amount of players leaving their clubs, and the amount of times i have thought .. " wunt mind him down at BP"

So just wondering if you have seen any players who we could get in on a free who i might have missed???

i have liked the look of

Michael Duberry

Dennis Souza

zesh rehman

Rudi Skacel

Ryan Smith

Mark Fotheringham

Matt Richards

Carl Cort ??? :grin:

Billy Clarke

Dean Bowditch

Bradley Wright Phillips - bit far fetched maybe

Wade Small

Kenny Lunt

Jason Price

who would you like to bring in on a FREE and who else have you seen ??

within my circle of latics fans a lot of my mates have been worrying that we wont have the funds to build a squad good enough to mount a REAL play off push (not another good start and then a xmas drop off).

but looking and watching SSN daily i have been shocked at the amount of players leaving their clubs, and the amount of times i have thought .. " wunt mind him down at BP"

So just wondering if you have seen any players who we could get in on a free who i might have missed???

i have liked the look of

Michael Duberry

Dennis Souza

zesh rehman

Rudi Skacel

Ryan Smith

Mark Fotheringham

Matt Richards

Billy Clarke

Dean Bowditch

Wade Small

Kenny Lunt

Jason Price

Was Jason Price at Donny when Penney was there? Seem to have done reasonably well at Millwall

Was Jason Price at Donny when Penney was there? Seem to have done reasonably well at Millwall

im not sure but thats what i was thinking. could be the big target man we need.

him with clarke cud be a great partnership on paper

Cant see anything like playoffs next season..

Looking at our squad we have 3 maybe 4 that could push for playoffs Taylor, Eardley, Ruebs (pre xmas form) and maybe Fleming

Midtable squad players Whittaker, Lewi and Smalley

a few un-knowns - Stephens, Lee and Brooke

Just not good enough - O'Grady, Black, Lomax and Wolf

Looking at our squad we have 3 maybe 4 that could push for playoffs Taylor, Eardley, Ruebs (pre xmas form) and maybe Fleming

To Be Perfectly Honest ... Who Knows What The Future Will Bring ?! :)

BIG DAVE PENNEYS BARMY ARMY :D

Jonny it's the 19th May! DP has already said he's looking at bringing in at least 8 or 9 players so it's a bit premature to be writing off our chances when we haven't a bloody clue how our squad will look come August 8th!

PS I think you're being very harsh on O'Grady, Kelvin was in the team that got to the top of the league and Black has played around 200 minutes of first team football.

i thought price was at the trannies around that time and they sold him for a decent fee to someone no longer in our division, could be wrong

i thought price was at the trannies around that time and they sold him for a decent fee to someone no longer in our division, could be wrong

He's certainly done the rounds. Tranmere sold him to Hull where he helped them gain successive promotions before DP took him to Bell Vue in early '06. Would be just the sort of player we need imo. Always a right pain in the arse to play against.

i have liked the look of

Michael Duberry

Dennis Souza

zesh rehman

Rudi Skacel

Ryan Smith

Mark Fotheringham

Matt Richards

Billy Clarke

Dean Bowditch

Wade Small

Kenny Lunt

Jason Price

lee croft,pawel abbott,billy clarke,liam miller,lee mcevilly,mark tyler

cant be bothered trawling websites to check on availablity,im sure someone will though,lol

Jonny it's the 19th May! DP has already said he's looking at bringing in at least 8 or 9 players so it's a bit premature to be writing off our chances when we haven't a bloody clue how our squad will look come August 8th!

PS I think you're being very harsh on O'Grady, Kelvin was in the team that got to the top of the league and Black has played around 200 minutes of first team football.

Kelvin maybe

O'Grady though he has played around 20 games for Stockport and scored 2 goals in league one most Stockport fans say the same he's crap

He couldn't catch at Bury or Bradford in league two both teams sending him packing around 10 games in league two with no goals

No offence but this is about the umpteenth thread with people putting forward ideas or going over the same things about O'Grady /Lomax etc.

Are there are any new things to be said?

Edited by LaticsPete

Danny Graham, sign him up!

Carlisle have offered him a deal, and Hudds have a long running interest in him so would have competition.

I see Rochdale have released Scott Wiseman, formerly of Darlo. Wouldnt mind him here. Can play Rb or Cb i think. Hes very pacey, decent in the air can offers a really good attacking threat (when at Rb). Quite afew Dale fans i know also rate him, and are abit bemused as to why he was released.

Carlisle have offered him a deal, and Hudds have a long running interest in him so would have competition.

I see Rochdale have released Scott Wiseman, formerly of Darlo. Wouldnt mind him here. Can play Rb or Cb i think. Hes very pacey, decent in the air can offers a really good attacking threat (when at Rb). Quite afew Dale fans i know also rate him, and are abit bemused as to why he was released.

Danny Granham and Jason Kennedy (if we sign him) scored loads for Borough youth and reserves.. Graham would be quality

Who,who and who?

Your talking about promotion and you think were gonna do it with players who are getting released who are not good enough and cant get in leauge 2 mid table teams. Get a Grip boys .I know were the longest serving team in the division and hardly any money but come on set some standards at least.

Danny Granham and Jason Kennedy (if we sign him) scored loads for Borough youth and reserves.. Graham would be quality

They indeed would be fantastic signings, however i do think since there youth days Kennedy is now more a Central Midfielder as opposed to a striker. If we could get Graham itd be fantastic.

So did calvin zola so did jj so did killen look where that got us

Edited by rodger er

Who,who and who?

Your talking about promotion and you think were gonna do it with players who are getting released who are not good enough and cant get in leauge 2 mid table teams. Get a Grip boys .I know were the longest serving team in the division and hardly any money but come on set some standards at least.

This is the plonker who posted the folllowing for his second ever post. He is such a sad lonely barsteward who gets his puny kicks by trying to be "ooh controversial". Jog on .

13 2009, 18:31 PM Post #24

RE: Lee Hughes

I seen him outside tokyos in oldham with a big spliff in his mouth and it looked like he peed himself too he was wrecked.

So did calvin zola so did jj so did killen look where that got us

Graham scored 15 goals this season and 15 goals last season, not a great amount but he's still 23, he's the tall target man we need, he's more than capable of scoring 20+ in this division if put in the right team. I don't think he'll move up a division just yet. Huddersfield will probably get him but we could be in the mix. It's not a completely unrealistic signing.