Gillingham 40/1

Exeter 40/1

Walsall 50/1

Hartlepool 50/1

Carlisle 50/1

Yeovil 66/1

Leyton Orient 66/1

Stockport 80/1

Interesting though that 33/1 is are our longest odds, a couple have us at 20/1 Oddschecker

Also interesting to look back at this thread, with the season just gone's pre-season odds - 07/08 Thread

Yet again, the bookies got it largely right, with their top four ending up as the top four (albeit in a different order). What is encouraging is that Millwall were also a 33/1 shot, though what is less encouraging is that Northampton and Hereford were 33/1 as well :wink:

Edited by jsslatic

William Hill's odds:

Leeds 10/3

Norwich 7/1

Charlton 7/1

Huddersfield 11/1

MK Dons 12/1

Southampton 16/1

Millwall 16/1

Brighton 16/1

Tranmere 20/1

Southend 20/1

Colchester 20/1

Brentford 25/1

Oldham 33/1

Bristol Rovers 33/1

Wycombe 40/1

Swindon 40/1

Gillingham 40/1

Exeter 40/1

Walsall 50/1

Hartlepool 50/1

Carlisle 50/1

Yeovil 66/1

Leyton Orient 66/1

Stockport 80/1

Dark Horse in that lot?...I quite fancy Colchester to get it right at home a bit more next season! Had one of the worst home records and one of the best away records...will spend a little bit...look decent odds at 20-1. I think they've got us about right. Mid-table.

Dark Horse in that lot?...I quite fancy Colchester to get it right at home a bit more next season! Had one of the worst home records and one of the best away records...will spend a little bit...look decent odds at 20-1. I think they've got us about right. Mid-table.

I wouldn't argue with the call of Colchester. Finished the season strongly, then again I thought Brighton last year...

William Hill's odds:

Leeds 10/3

Norwich 7/1

Charlton 7/1

Huddersfield 11/1

MK Dons 12/1

Southampton 16/1

Millwall 16/1

Brighton 16/1

Tranmere 20/1

Southend 20/1

Colchester 20/1

Brentford 25/1

Oldham 33/1

Bristol Rovers 33/1

Wycombe 40/1

Swindon 40/1

Gillingham 40/1

Exeter 40/1

Walsall 50/1

Hartlepool 50/1

Carlisle 50/1

Yeovil 66/1

Leyton Orient 66/1

Stockport 80/1

How the hell can they come up with odds like this? Some teams haven't even announced their released and retained lists let alone put their squads together. I mean the squad we have at the moment should have us at 500-1! Forgive me but I'll look at the odds on Friday August 7th.

Edited by oafcprozac

How the hell can they come up with odds like this? Some teams haven't even announced their released and retained lists let alone put their squads together. I mean the squad we have at the moment should have us at 500-1! Forgive me but I'll look at the odds on Friday August 7th.

Think they have probably got it about right with us, come 7th Aug think our odds will be the same or lengthened.

I fancy saints to go down

I agree. -10 points, no money and having to rely on their kids. Fair enough a lot of them got a good settling in period last season but Championship is very different to League One. They will get bullied a hell of lot more than they did in the league above. If they dont start well i can see heads dropping and them really struggling. Could see them being the next Luton unless they find some investment from somewhere, and according to my Saints supporting mate, its not looking likely.

Southend are the dark horses imo

Southend would be one of the more obvious contenders for me - for playoffs at least.

I wouldn't bet against Brentford being strong.

Surely Leeds are bound to get it right sooner or later - and next season will be Grayson's first full season, with his own squad.

But I think I might put a sneaky one on Norwich to do a Leicester.

Dark horse? Gillingham. Maybe... or they might just go straight back down again like last time... :unsure:

Bookies odds are in part based how they think a team will do but also based on how many bets they will get on said team (which is why you should never bet on England in England). Leeds would probably be favourites if they were relying on playing a kids team because all the idiots who've had their brains warped will bet on a Leeds team to coast this division because they are Leeds and were in the Champions League a few years ago. How anyone can be 4/6 for promotion in a 24 team race is beyond me. I think they've got us about right at 33/1 (25/1 at other bookies) with some WOW signings we might come in a bit in price but the same can be said for those teams around us. Last year I was tempted because I thought we were a good value bet this year I'm not. If I was looking for an outsider to pick I'd choose Swindon who OK they struggled this year, but at 40/1 and Simon Cox playing for them will always have a shout (good quality up front can win you this league). Similar logic applies to Bristol Rovers- but they have some problems behind the scenes refarding ground development.