Season Tickets

for me it aint about the recession / credit crunch altho I acknowledge for many this may be the case. I just am sick of paying good money to watch overinflated egos posture and pontificate on the pitch when all I want is good old fashioned entertainment. I dont expect Latics to win every game but I want them to put a decent shift in and entertain me and give me hope of going up !

In the second half of last season we went through halfs without troubling the oppo keeper at home - that aint right !

I want evidence we will have triers and serious players in before buy ST again - giving the Wolf a shirt dosnt inspire me tbh !

If no decent signings soon them I wont commit - think the club should also extend discount period until a few more signings have been made to allow people to see what they are getting for their loyalty. Personally I cant buy ST if dont know half the team - not prepared to fork out for a toothless team lacking imagination or entertainment.

signings please or longer discount period or else i'm out !

Btw - four years ago used to go with 9 others, 5 dropped out 2 yrs ago, 3 last year. None of these have been back - now skychair fans. When people dont renew they dont attend as cash punters in general. An ST makes us turn up thru thick and thin - so come on DP / Latics, give me an incentive or good reason to renew !

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me it aint about the recession / credit crunch altho I acknowledge for many this may be the case. I just am sick of paying good money to watch overinflated egos posture and pontificate on the pitch when all I want is good old fashioned entertainment. I dont expect Latics to win every game but I want them to put a decent shift in and entertain me and give me hope of going up !

In the second half of last season we went through halfs without troubling the oppo keeper at home - that aint right !

I want evidence we will have triers and serious players in before buy ST again - giving the Wolf a shirt dosnt inspire me tbh !

If no decent signings soon them I wont commit - think the club should also extend discount period until a few more signings have been made to allow people to see what they are getting for their loyalty. Personally I cant buy ST if dont know half the team - not prepared to fork out for a toothless team lacking imagination or entertainment.

Btw - four years ago used to go with 9 others, 5 dropped out 2 yrs ago, 3 last year. None of these have been back - now skychair fans. When people dont renew they dont attend as cash punters in general. An ST makes us turn up thru thick and thin - so come on DP / Latics, give me an incentive or good reason to renew !

Take the hint......have a shower

I just am sick of paying good money to watch overinflated egos posture and pontificate on the pitch when all I want is good old fashioned entertainment. I dont expect Latics to win every game but I want them to put a decent shift in and entertain me and give me hope of going up !
I think you have just explained why TTA replaced Mr Sheridan with Dave Penney.

I want evidence we will have triers and serious players in before buy ST again
Well the signings of Purdie and Worthnigton suggest Dave Penney feels the same as you.

giving the Wolf a shirt dosnt inspire me tbh
He's given him 3 months to prove he deserves the shirt. It really is a "get fit and show what you can do" ultimatum. I've seen him play several times. I'm yet to see the midfield link the ball through in to his feet. Hoofing it 3 foot above his head isn't a good idea. Based on what I've seen, I'd let him go. But then I'd let go the idiots who hoofed it up to him (as they also did to Alessandra).

If no decent signings soon them I wont commit
The clearout is promising. The first two signings are promising. Look, he's not going to pick up Giggs on a free or pay £200k to sign Gerrard. What I know of Penney is that he's a manager who gets his teams to work hard (which is what you expect). He also has a record of Promotion / Promotion / Just missed out on promotion / Play-offs / Missed out on Play-offs due to administration. I wanted Gannon, but I am impressed with how the numbers stack for Dave Penney as a manager.

think the club should also extend discount period until a few more signings have been made to allow people to see what they are getting for their loyalty.
I agree with this.

Personally I cant buy ST if dont know half the team - not prepared to fork out for a toothless team lacking imagination or entertainment.
I don't think Penney is a manager who would expect you to. I don't think he's going to let you.

Come on. Get down to BP with your cheque book before noon tomorrow and commit to a brave new world of Dave Penney's Oldham Athletic.

I think we'll see players who have more guts and determination next season. Not to mention some "big" teams to come to BP that you'll enjoy seeing Latics beat.

Edited by opinions4u

Personally I cant buy ST if dont know half the team - not prepared to fork out for a toothless team lacking imagination or entertainment.

I can fully understand your sentiments and as a season ticket holder who's already renewed, I would have no problem with an extension to the deadline.

Out of interest though, if following the deadline (whenever that may be) we strengthen the squad nicely, including a couple of 'marquee' signings, would you buy a season ticket at the full price?

THe inportant point, picking up on Jonnys point, is that the TTA make more money once the discount ends. Simple as, it is not necesarily inth eir interst to do so.

Theyhave given 2 discounts (one regualr one, and one if enough buy them)

Everyone knows when the discoutns operate,

And it is the same for most football clubs.

I thinkt hey extend every year, and th emost valid argument is the fall of pay day.

Other than that, only thy will know how many bought up to the discount and how many before the season started.

I know it was a bout 3,500 last season, but I don;t thinkh any of us know how many of that are bought at discount.

It might be more this year, despite what is said,

my problem is that i want to renew - my heart says 'yes' but head says 'no' -

just cant face prospect of same old dross in stadium without atmosphere again thats why i need to know whose playing.

Last years team of old pals and loan mercanaries who didnt give a toss or were woefully unfit or over the hill has pi**ed me off big time so I want to know whose going to be playing so I can get up for it.

It isnt about discount prices - iIwould pay top line if had to but feel its testing our loyalty to extreme to fork out for ST when guts of team quite rightly fired off but as yet not replaced. Think it would be morally right to extend discount period given that the backbone of the squad next season isnt yet in place !

will see how I feel in morning but at mo cant see me getting to BP with cheque book in hand for above reasons.

my problem is that i want to renew - my heart says 'yes' but head says 'no' -

just cant face prospect of same old dross in stadium without atmosphere again thats why i need to know whose playing.

Last years team of old pals and loan mercanaries who didnt give a toss or were woefully unfit or over the hill has pi**ed me off big time so I want to know whose going to be playing so I can get up for it.

It isnt about discount prices - iIwould pay top line if had to but feel its testing our loyalty to extreme to fork out for ST when guts of team quite rightly fired off but as yet not replaced. Think it would be morally right to extend discount period given that the backbone of the squad next season isnt yet in place !

will see how I feel in morning but at mo cant see me getting to BP with cheque book in hand for above reasons.

Follow your heart.

PM me if you need a lift from anywhere in the Oldham area!

I have just spoken to two officals from the club and tried to sort the problem out of buying a ST with a credit Card at the club..

Due to restrictions implace since 2004 the club are not able to allow ST to be bought by Credit Cards....

Anyone wanting to use there CC at the club to buy there ST, I'm trying to get a PC or Laptop at the club available for people to use or to be shown how to buy there ST on line.

This idea will be in place for next season if anyone needs to do this tomorrow, please let me know ASAP and I will organise this for you !!