Season Tickets

i've tried twice to get mine now without success.

snuck out of work last week to be told I couldn't pay by card. (why can I buy a £20 cup ticket by card but not a £300 season ticket?)

I drew the cash out and went down saturday morning on the way to work but the queue was too long.

i'm struggling to get there by thursday now and I don't want to pay full whack.

Had the same problems buying it on line the other week, same as you went down to the ticket office at BP on Sat am to be told the same - you can't pay by Debit/credit card. Apparently it has been the same since the club almost went into admin...but strange that you can pay for away games tickets by card..hmm....so, like you snook off work earlier and paid by cash, but what a performance....its not exactly "user friendly" to get the ST

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst still sad and alarming, I was half expecting this to be honest. Adding to some of the reasons stated by Prosac

Would not surprise me at all if Eardley and/or Taylor were sold to make up the short fall

cant see taylor going,could see eardley going though,be the lesser of the 2 evils i suppose....

regarding no news on the redevelopment.....there was news the other week quite clearly stating that the owners maybe in a better position to persue a certain number of dwellings to be built using there own funds,to get some income coming in,in order to kick start the new main stand.....so its not entirely true saying no news on the redevelopment.

plus other teams have re-evaluated circumstances regarding the credit crunch,and decided that a reduced price for fans is the way forward,thats how they have been selling more.

we are not offering any incentive unless we sell 4.5k tickets,not exactly a carrott n stick offer,but a gesture none the less.

only way to sell the amount they want is if we sign somebody whos name will put bums on seats

Who cares as long as they pay when they come? Some people can't face it week in week out. As long as they still put money into the club that's all that's important.

Love is not blind, my friend.

It makes a difference that's why I care. It provides the club with definite money, helps lessen enforced sales of players, and creates bigger crowds and better atmosphere.

Glad that part timers come, but it's the season ticket holders that renew that will give the club financial breathing space. If that wasn't the case clubs wouldn't be bothered about encouraging people to buy them.

It makes a difference that's why I care. It provides the club with definite money, helps lessen enforced sales of players, and creates bigger crowds and better atmosphere.

Glad that part timers come, but it's the season ticket holders that renew that will give the club financial breathing space. If that wasn't the case clubs wouldn't be bothered about encouraging people to buy them.

Of course in an ideal world we want everyone to have a season ticket. I want one too but can't afford it. We want that stability and I understand that. But I still think that people coming is people coming. We can't expect blind faith or blind love. It just isn't realistic.

If we market the club better more people will come and to nit pick on those who clearly have great support for the club ( even if they like to moan on here! :wink: ) then that's just life.

I can see why people haven't bothered.

Credit Crunch

3 sided ground with a poor atmosphere, frequented by moaning tits!

The club turning in on itself with little or no marketing and no interest in doing so despite certain fans working their bollocks off behind the scenes to offer ideas and support to try and raise the club's profile within the town.

The joke that was last season on the pitch

The joke that was last season off the pitch

Players that didn't give a toss week in week out

Yet another manager

More dismantling of the squad

Perceived poor playing budget

Personally I've bought my season tickets for last season and I have done for 7 out of the last 8 seasons but I can see why people haven't bothered or are waiting to see what unfolds over the summer. There's little to look forward to as a Latics fan at the moment, especially when you see a Burnley side that was struggling at the bottom of League One with us in our first two seasons down here - reach the Premier League it's absolutely soul destroying and questions should start to be asked just where this club is going.

Superb post.

Of course in an ideal world we want everyone to have a season ticket. I want one too but can't afford it. We want that stability and I understand that. But I still think that people coming is people coming. We can't expect blind faith or blind love. It just isn't realistic.

If we market the club better more people will come and to nit pick on those who clearly have great support for the club ( even if they like to moan on here! :wink: ) then that's just life.

No nit picking as far as I was aware. Just very disappointed about someone who no longer wants to show such "great support for the club" as in the past. And recognising that if replicated by lots of others then it drives our chances of recovery lower.

People who can't afford a season ticket are a wholly different situation.

if latics had knocked £50 off this years prices instantly, there would have been a far bigger increase in numbers already bought.

what do they want...2000x full price season tickets sold,or 3000x £270 season tickets sold?

they've totally missed a trick here.

YES and then on the posters say the word SEASON TICKETS LOWER THAN LAST SEASON (or somthing along those lines)

i thought the whole point was to get every seat filled at every home game.

offering a very big discount from day one would have helped.

marketing at latics is has just stuck in a timewarp.

did they not think about canvassing season ticket holders from last season about renewing?

do they not look at other clubs and wonder why they do well with season ticket sales?

for latics,£270 in the pocket today is better than £0.

having a home crowd of 7,000 is better financially than a crowd of 4,000.

a no brainer.

If true, how do we stop our club from dying?

Huddersfield have sold 9000

MK Dons have sold 6000

Swindon have sold 3600

even Orient are expecting to sell 4000 and they have the exact same problems as we have

Swindon excepted, and for them it was briefer, less spectacular and done less stylishly, none of those clubs were playing the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, and ManUre within easy memory of many of their fans. The ongoing decline and the false dawns are simply taking their toll. For many of those who lived through that period, or whose parents did, the decline, and the witnessing of clubs who couldn't touch us back then leaving us behind, is, as Prozac says, soul destroying.

A tipping point may have been reached.

did they not think about canvassing season ticket holders from last season about renewing?

do they not look at other clubs and wonder why they do well with season ticket sales?

a no brainer.

For a kick off, I would wager that you can go up to the ticket office at hudd and pay for your season ticket using a credit card, here apparently you can only pay with cash. Which means that alot of people will have to wait till they get paid.

Agree, the club in many respects is stuck in the dark ages.

a no brainer.

the club always has been stuck in the past regarding promoting itself...the only time i can honestly say the club made an effort,was the littlewoods cup.

various people on this board have come up with really good positive ideas over the last couple of years,only for them to go unoticed by the powers that be,even when someone has took the time and trouble to contact the club about it.....instead of employing some person who has little inclination or affilliation with the club,it should try a different approach and advertise locally,and hopefully someone who is a fan will get the job and make a difference.

time to reboot an idea seen on here regularly..

the half season ticket or 10 match season ticket.

if cost for a full season ticket is out of some folks reach,then that should be pushed.

some folk don't want financial company schemes.

some folk don't have (or don't want to use) credit cards .

every conceivable way of getting people to pay up front should be considered... be it £320 or £170 .

time to reboot an idea seen on here regularly..

the half season ticket or 10 match season ticket.

if cost for a full season ticket is out of some folks reach,then that should be pushed.

some folk don't want financial company schemes.

some folk don't have (or don't want to use) credit cards .

every conceivable way of getting people to pay up front should be considered... be it £320 or £170 .

I don't know anyone who hasn't suggested the 10game ticket type idea directly to the club. I've done it twice. They're clearly not interested in it for whatever reason.

Yes. And what some people seem to be missing is that season ticket holders are generally the ones who turn up even when a season is going badly. Few are inclined to pay on the gate when a team hasn't won in a dozen or so games or is languishing near the foot of the table, especially with today's prices.

What happens if things are not going well when ST sales are down drastically?

For a kick off, I would wager that you can go up to the ticket office at hudd and pay for your season ticket using a credit card, here apparently you can only pay with cash. Which means that alot of people will have to wait till they get paid.

Agree, the club in many respects is stuck in the dark ages.

Not entirely sure whether it is possible, but I will just say that we aren't the only team in the leagues (Championship included) that don't accept credit cards (most strongly advise against it) for season ticket sales in particular...this is because the credit card companies hold the payment until the end of the season thereby meaning the clubs get NO income until around April. This includes clubs like Burnley.

i'm 33 years old and only remember three years that couldn't be described as "seasons of disappointment"

so what's changed?

Thats exactly why.. nothings changed. Sick of throwing money away. Will pick and choose my games.

after how last season rapidly disintegrated and the couldnt-give-a-:censored: attitude our several 'senior' pros at the club its a wonder we have shifted so many ST's !. Altho I have had an ST for 40 yrs with only a couple of exceptions (financial reasons !) for the 1st time I really cant or dont want to renew at the moment as unless I see a few decent players who could give us a sporting chance at play[offs or better I dont think I could face another season of half-hearted performances against all those long-distance opponents which will mean poor away support and little atmosphere for most games. Need to see some decent signings (some of these big powerful teams DP is famous for would be a good start )but need some actual names on shirts before I commit.

I personally know a lot of previously die-hards who have lost the faith particularly after the shambles of last years billy-big bollocks non-triers and wont be renewing again.

If no decent signings soon then no ST for me and will probably pick and choose.

The damage Sheridan did last year with his aging pals who didnt give a :censored: cant be underestimated.

DP neds to get a good few players in pronto to get the fans onside again - once people stop going they find other things to do on saturday afternoons and rarely go back.

Abbot signing up would good for starters ................