Season Tickets

As from last week we have sold only 895 season tickets (thats from nice guns in the ticket office), last season we sold 2000ish at this point

it might of changed numbers wise this week but that is very poor... i know things like players, credit crunch, ppl out of work..

lets just hope theres a rush for them very soon :disappointed:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before this becomes the official thread for the end of Oldham Athletic I'd like to say that in the current economic climate to be down only by 50% is not all that bad. Sure as hell it's not good. But it could be worse.

As from last week we have sold only 895 season tickets (thats from nice guns in the ticket office), last season we sold 2000ish at this point

it might of changed numbers wise this week but that is very poor... i know things like players, credit crunch, ppl out of work..

you cant expect a rush for tickets with only 8 players at the club can you,lol

i think a lot more people will pay on the day this season.....i can only see a sales increase if we sign a marquee player

I can see why people haven't bothered.

Credit Crunch

3 sided ground with a poor atmosphere, frequented by moaning tits!

The club turning in on itself with little or no marketing and no interest in doing so despite certain fans working their bollocks off behind the scenes to offer ideas and support to try and raise the club's profile within the town.

The joke that was last season on the pitch

The joke that was last season off the pitch

Players that didn't give a toss week in week out

Yet another manager

More dismantling of the squad

Perceived poor playing budget

Personally I've bought my season tickets for last season and I have done for 7 out of the last 8 seasons but I can see why people haven't bothered or are waiting to see what unfolds over the summer. There's little to look forward to as a Latics fan at the moment, especially when you see a Burnley side that was struggling at the bottom of League One with us in our first two seasons down here - reach the Premier League it's absolutely soul destroying and questions should start to be asked just where this club is going.

Personally I've bought my season tickets for last season and I have done for 7 out of the last 8 seasons but I can see why people haven't bothered or are waiting to see what unfolds over the summer. There's little to look forward to as a Latics fan at the moment, especially when you see a Burnley side that was struggling at the bottom of League One with us in our first two seasons down here - reach the Premier League it's absolutely soul destroying and questions should start to be asked just where this club is going.

when we played burnley the last 2 times i didnt think wow these are good i know there a good side but they were nowt to rave about so has own coyle got the best out of the players he has got and do we think that penny could do a similar job for us in reaching the championship??

Picking and choosing is the preferred option for alot of people next year, some for financial reasons and others like me who just don't want to commit their money for what could another season of disappointment.

ditto.

i'll wager a hell of a lot are cutting their cloth towards their household income.

if there is value for money on the pitch,fans won't mind paying the extra few quid on the gate.

its up to the new regime now.

when we played burnley the last 2 times i didnt think wow these are good i know there a good side but they were nowt to rave about so has own coyle got the best out of the players he has got and do we think that penny could do a similar job for us in reaching the championship??

Surely the fact that Burnely have reached the Premier League should be inspirational to clubs like us? If they can then so can we etc.?

Coyle looks like he is a good motivator getting the best out of his team - good luck to him :grin:

Picking and choosing is the preferred option for alot of people next year, some for financial reasons and others like me who just don't want to commit their money for what could another season of disappointment.

Is that what's known as a part-time supporter?

for me its nothing to do with whats been going on over the last few weeks. i know for a fact if oldham are playing and i couldnt afford to go that week for whatever reason i would be so down that i missed the match that my weekend would be ruined - sad as it may sound and it would be even worse if we won!

i dont care if people think im narrow minded but this is the club i support and i will do anything to be there - season ticket already bought!

oldham through and through

in dave penny we trust

with blinding love for the blues

Danny

Surely the fact that Burnely have reached the Premier League should be inspirational to clubs like us? If they can then so can we etc.?

Coyle looks like he is a good motivator getting the best out of his team - good luck to him :grin:

I know, I know I sound like the bloody Corp!

2 more bought today - got round to sorting out the online thing before the deadline day.

Ground / players / likelihood of success / manager etc will never effect my ST purhcase. For me I am an Oldham supporter and therefore I go to the games - most of the time its miserable, but on occassions it brightens my day. But in the end its my team and I'll watch em whatever is served up at BP.

I can accept that others are more influenced by the level of 'entertainment' / chance of success - otherwise attendances round the countrt wouldn't fluctate with on-field success. But its not me.

With the economy, then some people may be in the position where they cannot afford to go - and that is fair enough.

Is that what's known as a part-time supporter?

Who cares as long as they pay when they come? Some people can't face it week in week out. As long as they still put money into the club that's all that's important.

Love is not blind, my friend.

2 more bought today - got round to sorting out the online thing before the deadline day.

Ground / players / likelihood of success / manager etc will never effect my ST purhcase. For me I am an Oldham supporter and therefore I go to the games - most of the time its miserable, but on occassions it brightens my day. But in the end its my team and I'll watch em whatever is served up at BP.

I can accept that others are more influenced by the level of 'entertainment' / chance of success - otherwise attendances round the countrt wouldn't fluctate with on-field success. But its not me.

With the economy, then some people may be in the position where they cannot afford to go - and that is fair enough.

Same here mate, no matter how despondent I get over the club at times I'll be there at BP every game, when times are hard I reign in the away games simple as. When times are good I go everywhere. I was lucky, my first season I saw us in the play offs followed by two seasons of attacking football loads of goals and comical defending, then we hit the 'Pinch Me' years, followed by our long decline. As we enter our 13th season at this level I feel sorry for the guys and gals that know little else but no matter how :censored:e it is it will not stop me going to support my team week after week! Blind faith has a lot to answer for.

I closed my eyes and pressed the submit button over the weekend. After lots of umming and ahhing. Financially it's a mistake. I can't afford it. But I simply can't see me not going to every home game anyway, so this way it's cheaper overall. No matter what my intentions may have been of picking and choosing games, I know I won't stick to that.

My fella has been going 18 years and this is the first time he hasn't renewed. And he doesn't even seem that bothered. I'm struggling with this!!!!

Same here mate, no matter how despondent I get over the club at times I'll be there at BP every game, when times are hard I reign in the away games simple as. When times are good I go everywhere. I was lucky, my first season I saw us in the play offs followed by two seasons of attacking football loads of goals and comical defending, then we hit the 'Pinch Me' years, followed by our long decline. As we enter our 13th season at this level I feel sorry for the guys and gals that know little else but no matter how :censored:e it is it will not stop me going to support my team week after week! Blind faith has a lot to answer for.

I started on and off in the 82/83 season, but starting watching regularly in 86/87 and got my first Season Ticket in 90/91 following the unusual position of full-house signs outstide BP the year before.

Kept it ever since.

We're going to be competing in a tough league this year, but with the early signals coming from Penney that he will field a team that is committed to the cause, there is every reason to come to BP this season. The team that was a shower of sh**e in the second half of last season has been shipped off and we can start afresh.

I closed my eyes and pressed the submit button over the weekend. After lots of umming and ahhing. Financially it's a mistake. I can't afford it. But I simply can't see me not going to every home game anyway, so this way it's cheaper overall. No matter what my intentions may have been of picking and choosing games, I know I won't stick to that.

My fella has been going 18 years and this is the first time he hasn't renewed. And he doesn't even seem that bothered. I'm struggling with this!!!!

You wanna punch him square in the teds then Jacqueline. :angry:

others like me who just don't want to commit their money for what could another season of disappointment.

i'm 33 years old and only remember three years that couldn't be described as "seasons of disappointment"

so what's changed?

If true, how do we stop our club from dying?

Huddersfield have sold 9000

MK Dons have sold 6000

Swindon have sold 3600

even Orient are expecting to sell 4000 and they have the exact same problems as we have

Whilst still sad and alarming, I was half expecting this to be honest. Adding to some of the reasons stated by Prosac

Credit Crunch - yup its affecting everyone

3 sided ground with a poor atmosphere, frequented by moaning tits - and virtually no info on if/when stadium development will start

The club turning in on itself with little or no marketing and no interest in doing so despite certain fans working their bollocks off behind the scenes to offer ideas and support to try and raise the club's profile within the town -agreed, bottom line is we need to think beyond the boundaries of oldham if we want to go any further and actually try an idea or two

The joke that was last season on and off the pitch - yup and this very nearly stopped me from getting one, certain people dragged this clubs name through the gutter, half arsed performances week after week after week

Players that didn't give a toss week in week out - see above

Yet another manager - after last season for me thats a good thing, although I hope Mr Penney is given time

Perceived poor playing budget - to be fair to TTA they have come out and said its not going to be as bad as they first thought, although i dont think the season ticket sales will be anywhere near what they budgeted on

Would not surprise me at all if Eardley and/or Taylor were sold to make up the short fall

Edited by Lookers_Carl

i've tried twice to get mine now without success.

snuck out of work last week to be told I couldn't pay by card. (why can I buy a £20 cup ticket by card but not a £300 season ticket?)

I drew the cash out and went down saturday morning on the way to work but the queue was too long.

i'm struggling to get there by thursday now and I don't want to pay full whack.