Scholes's club on 1st September

Bollocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we please just forget about scholes for now.

Whilst not living in cloud cuckoo land, knowing how much scholes likes being at home with his family, there are only two places he will be on 1st Sept - either at the Nike Ballpark doing his coaching badges and taking the youth team or equivalent, or having one season here as a last hurray prior to coaching at nike ballpark. The chances of him being anywhere else are virtually nil.

This market's gone now - did anyone get a gander at the odds?

I can recall

2/7 United

50/1 Bury,

which was incredible no idea why they were on there. Maybe a Bury fan put £10 on it and it distorted the odds completely!

I think he will join Keane at Ipswich

You obviously don't know Scholes - there is no way on this planet he will move to Ipswich. He is a local lad who will remain local and also from a practical point of view, you don't spend about £ 500,000 doing your house up and getting it just how you want it then to uproot and move.

You obviously don't know Scholes - there is no way on this planet he will move to Ipswich. He is a local lad who will remain local and also from a practical point of view, you don't spend about £ 500,000 doing your house up and getting it just how you want it then to uproot and move.

I was being sarci lol

ALSO I don't want the plastic manc's suddenly coming BP to watch one of their scum idols caause like true fans they never went OT

Quite right. In fact we should ban from BP all people who haven't been watching Latics since before they were born.

Let's stay as poor and lowly a club as it's possible to be.

Down with Ronnie Moore, JJ and Richard Butcher. And Chris (spit) Moore. Etc etc. Onwards and downwards.

This market's gone now - did anyone get a gander at the odds?

I can recall

2/7 United

50/1 Bury,

which was incredible no idea why they were on there. Maybe a Bury fan put £10 on it and it distorted the odds completely!

if I can recall correctly these were the other prices

10/1 Sunderland

25/1 City

12/1 Wigan

12/1 Bolton

12/1 Stoke

Quite right. In fact we should ban from BP all people who haven't been watching Latics since before they were born.

Let's stay as poor and lowly a club as it's possible to be.

Down with Ronnie Moore, JJ and Richard Butcher. And Chris (spit) Moore. Etc etc. Onwards and downwards.

:lol:

I wouldn't have him here even if we had gone up...which Scholes would turn up?

ALSO I don't want the plastic manc's suddenly coming BP to watch one of their scum idols caause like true fans they never went OT

Thats' right, we can afford to turn away their money...

Thats' right, we can afford to turn away their money...

so you'd take someone on cos people will pay to watch them for a few games then drift off an leave us with a past it midfielder plying his trade, taking quite a wage, instead of a younger, hungrier player who can last 90 minutes and a full season (injuries/bans permitting)

so you'd take someone on cos people will pay to watch them for a few games then drift off an leave us with a past it midfielder plying his trade, taking quite a wage, instead of a younger, hungrier player who can last 90 minutes and a full season (injuries/bans permitting)

Are you on a wind-up, mate ?

Paul Scholes in this division - past it ?!!! Playing for the club he supports - not hungry ?!!!

Pull yer head out of the bin...

Congratulations a man with knowledge...thank you. Your 100% correct.

but it don't mean jack :censored: what league you are in to live the dream..he only aledgidley

wants to play for his childhood team ..money issues don't arise into the equation...

ps how do you spell alledgidly :unsure:

Not that I believe it will ever happen, but I share the view that we are setting ourselves up for disappointment one way or another if by some miracle he did one day put on a Latics shirt. The club needs a proper strategy, one that is actually seen through to the end for a change. It can't rely on the hope of gimmicky signings.

However the 'we don't want plastic Mancs at BP' thing is nonsense. The club needs whoever is prepared to pay their money at the turnstiles.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

These recent articles seem to hint that he won't be going anywhere.

The Observer (24 May) "Finally, has Scholes any ambitions left, now that he has won just about everything that club football has to offer and has been to more Champions League finals in a little over a year than most players manage in a lifetime? This is the moment to disclose an unfulfilled yearning to wind down his playing days with Oldham Athletic, something his manager has often hinted might be the case. Instead Scholes thinks and comes up with something even more Scholesian. "Yes, I have got an ambition," he says. "I'd like to get back to playing for United."

Telegraph (May): "People automatically think I'm an Oldham fan, but I have always been United. My dad took me to a few games, but it was always really hard to get tickets for Old Trafford. He was an Oldham fan so, from the age of nine or ten, he started to take me to Boundary Park because we could get in!

"I actually left Oldham's School of Excellence to sign for United when I was 14. I didn't enjoy it at Oldham, so when Brian Kidd came to watch me and asked if I'd go down to United, there was only one answer really.