Feeder Club

One of the chaps that reports into me is a Bournemouth fan. The strong rumour is that Jamie Redknapp, Darren Anderton and Teddy Sheringham will buy Bournemouth. (Not sure what they will do, Teddy Sheringham as Chief Finance Office seeems strange) they would be mad to get rid of Eddie Howe and !

Already they have announced a pre season friendly with Spurs.

So really Bournemouth could easily become a feederclub in all but name.

I am obviosuly not suggesting Oldham become a feeder club, but if we were to establish strong ties with a club, who would you choose?

Cannot be less than 50 miles away (if someone knows the exact rules distances on tie ups let me know and I will change it)

I was going to suggest Notts County, but they lack the promising Youth players!

I'd go for Arsenal, good youth set up.

Not Chelsea after they stiched us up over young Philliskirk!

PS I know we are establishing relationships with some Bulgarian side or wherever, I was suggesting a bigger UK club.

There was that proposal with Leeds a few years back. Sadly feeder clubs maybe be the forward i would like Oldham Athletic to keep its own identity but if we where to establish links with a Prem team. I would suggest Everton who have a good policy of bringing young players through there ranks.

Plus i think they could rather send there youngsters outside of Liverpool but somewhere close enough to recall them.

Cannot be less than 50 miles away (if someone knows the exact rules distances on tie ups let me know and I will change it)

As feeder clubs aren't officially allowed, there aren't exactly any rules. But, the rule that the big clubs want to get around with feeder clubs is being able to pick up kids in the local area. I think you are allowed to do this in a thirty mile radius of where you are. I think this would allow teams like Liverpool and Everton to pick up half of Manchester anyway, so they probably wouldn't be overly interested. But it would make us a reasonably desirable team for Birmingham/London based teams, although you'd think a team like Accrington (cheaper) or Stockport (cheaper and covers both Liverpool and Manchester) may be more so.

Obviously we'd be looking for different things. A big team with pots of money and a decent youth team set up. Chelsea, Villa and Arsenal spring to mind instantly.

In what way?

As i recall they refused to extend the Ryan Bertrand loan (although he did jin Norwich and played well there)

And Fabio was only here for a month, although extended for a nother month I do feel they are not exactly going out of their way.

I think a season long loan to get some stability is a reasonable expectation.

It's a very good fictional computer game, granted. And I must admit to having let it cloud my judgement in the past - to this day I can't believe that Tonton Zola Mokouko isn't a world class player.

It's a very good fictional computer game, granted. And I must admit to having let it cloud my judgement in the past - to this day I can't believe that Tonton Zola Mokouko isn't a world class player.

Credit where it's due, I had Niko Kranjcar in my Latics squad as a 17 year old and he scored 18 goals from the wing and single handedly won me the league cup from the Championship. Cost me £24,000. Now look at him.

That said, I'm not running a football club based on that opinion.

PS I know we are establishing relationships with some Bulgarian side or wherever, I was suggesting a bigger UK club.

Hungarian, if I remember correctly.

I wonder how the fact that their country is on the verge of bankruptcy, and only kept afloat now by massive IMF loans (an organisation in itself in crisis) will affect their football clubs?

There was that proposal with Leeds a few years back. Sadly feeder clubs maybe be the forward i would like Oldham Athletic to keep its own identity but if we where to establish links with a Prem team. I would suggest Everton who have a good policy of bringing young players through there ranks.

Plus i think they could rather send there youngsters outside of Liverpool but somewhere close enough to recall them.

We will not go that way the day we officially become a feeder club is the day I stop going if we became a feeder club then our identity would be lost completely.

The credit crunch has now been around for 2 years and still their are 72 football league clubs (which are still making operating losses) around and I fully expect that to be the case in 5 years time. The accountants at Deloitte who publish the football accounts every year will probably agree with me.

Having said that OldhamAthletic will have to evolve and continue to evolve to keep with the times a feeder club will not be an option we will have to look at ways to make money which don't depend on how well the players on the pitch do this is where the new stadium development will come in the sooner we can get this up and running the better for us all.

Credit where it's due, I had Niko Kranjcar in my Latics squad as a 17 year old and he scored 18 goals from the wing and single handedly won me the league cup from the Championship. Cost me £24,000. Now look at him.

That said, I'm not running a football club based on that opinion.

Hahah

On Champ manager I have a young Liverpool striker called Lindfield who will score 60 goals a season if you play him in a lone role ,

Think he was on loan at Accrington last year in real life and score 3 in 17 :huh:

As i recall they refused to extend the Ryan Bertrand loan (although he did jin Norwich and played well there)

And Fabio was only here for a month, although extended for a nother month I do feel they are not exactly going out of their way.

I think a season long loan to get some stability is a reasonable expectation.

this the fabio that Joe didnt play?

this the fabio that Joe didnt play?

Yeah, but his cameo at Cheltenham was worth 1000 appearances...

Legend... what a smile... and boy can that boy dodge a stationary marker, when the ball is out of play and everyone else is stood still...

And I'm totally gobsmacked that Iwelumo & Beckford can hardly get a shot away for Latics in the Championship. I don't think it's real anymore.

:huh:

Having said that OldhamAthletic will have to evolve and continue to evolve to keep with the times a feeder club will not be an option we will have to look at ways to make money which don't depend on how well the players on the pitch do this is where the new stadium development will come in the sooner we can get this up and running the better for us all.

And if we can't?

And if we can't?

A very apt question.

Would people rather be a feeder club for, say, Aston Villa - or out of business, starting a new club in the North West Counties League?

I'm not sure which way I'd fly on this one. You have no potential as a feeder club, but you have stability. So i'd probably favour the latter.