Two good signings so far, but tbh they pushed the boat out last season and where did it get them? I'm still not convinced Clarke is that good a manager and assembling fantasy teams doesn't always pay off. I'm intrigued as to who they bring in up front but i'm not so sure whoever they bring in will immediately gel. The teams that win this league are together for a while, success is far from instant and I fear it will cost them millions ala Wigan if they are going down that route, they'll probably get there eventually but the teams that went up last season had a group of players that had been together for at least two seasons for Hudds to gate-crash the promotion party is unlikely. Having said that the Lashers did it with a team of loanees.

Edited by oafcprozac

I wasn't convinced of Huddersfield's signings last season. It's different this time around, although a lot could depend on who they bring in up front, as Prozac says. A lot of people thought Kiegan Parker would do the business for them based solely on the fact he'd outpaced Sean Gregan the season previously...

I wasn't convinced of Huddersfield's signings last season. It's different this time around, although a lot could depend on who they bring in up front, as Prozac says. A lot of people thought Kiegan Parker would do the business for them based solely on the fact he'd outpaced Sean Gregan the season previously...

In the words of Edmund Blackadder....

An athmatic ant carrying heavy shopping in a snowstorm could outpace Gregan!!!!!!!!

We do we watch teams make good purchases and just settle with League Two signings?

When you get a bit older you will learn about this thing called money... it buys goods and services. In the football world if you have lots of it, you can buy the services of (allegedly) better football players. Huddersfield have more of said "money" than us. It's like we shop in Aldi*, when the people with thie big shiny house down the road go to M&S. However... sometimes you actually cant tell the difference between the shopping (except the prettier packaging and the over-inflated prices), and the meal cooked from the supposed inferior material may just surprise someone.

There. Football commerce in Shopping terms. Simples.

*cue lots of jokes about oldham players shopping in tesco... :wink:

We do we watch teams make good purchases and just settle with League Two signings?

What division are Gateshead in? I am mystified what some people want at times. If they have played in the Championship or higher, they are journeymen on the way down looking for one final paycheque. 4th division players are not good enough. Signings from the same division are at best no better than what we already have. The only option is to sign completely unproven none-Leaguers, which is widely seen as a cast iron guarantee of success.

When you get a bit older you will learn about this thing called money... it buys goods and services. In the football world if you have lots of it, you can buy the services of (allegedly) better football players. Huddersfield have more of said "money" than us. It's like we shop in Aldi*, when the people with thie big shiny house down the road go to M&S. However... sometimes you actually cant tell the difference between the shopping (except the prettier packaging and the over-inflated prices), and the meal cooked from the supposed inferior material may just surprise someone.

There. Football commerce in Shopping terms. Simples.

*cue lots of jokes about oldham players shopping in tesco... :wink:

In the Fatherland BF, all the people with money shop at Aldi.....so maybe our football teams are as wasteful as us?

In the Fatherland BF, all the people with money shop at Aldi.....so maybe our football teams are as wasteful as us?

Indeed, Indeed F68. But I fear that statement is far to profound to be used as an effective football analogy.

:wink:

Your analogy is spot on, my point was only that over this side of the water Aldi is viewed as an inferior place to frequent between football fixtures. :lol:

The mighty Aldi is also viewed as a poor relation to other less glamourous retail outlets here in Aus.

But I have to say they sell excellent chocolate.

Haven't seen evidence of them selling decent footballers at bargain prices yet, sadly. :disappointed::disappointed: