Best player from outside the British Isles to play for Latics

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christian Colusso? Or something similar i think

Overhead kick anyone?

he didnt score an overhead kick..did he?.. that was blah blah da silva or bettter known as lorencho?

brought in by dowie.

collusso scored against bury in the last minute

I remember Christian Colusso. I remember how exited I got that we was going to sign this exlosive Argie for a rumoured £1 million.

http://mobile.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Ne...~163137,00.html

Wonder what he does now? He represented Argentina at both U20's and U23's so surley he would have stayed in the game.

For the record its Halle for me everyday. Top, top player.

Sorry for the double post, but Mick Wadsworth in conjuction with the Manchester Evening News make Colusso to be a footballing God

Here's what I dragged up from the internet:-

Wadsworth keen to keep Colusso

April 22, 2002

THE signing of Argentinian ace Cristian Colusso will be a crucial part of boss Mick Wadsworth's promotion plans for next season.

There is little doubt that the hugely-talented midfielder could be one of the top players in the second division and he gave Boundary Park's biggest crowd of the season a glimpse of his silky skills and Wadsworth admitted: "I am determined to keep him."

Colusso, 25, scores goals of the highest quality and his creative instincts clearly shone through in this game.

He was also unlucky not to get on the scoresheet after a crafty chip from 25 yards hit the bar.

Rangers couldn't get to grips with the little gem's mastery and if the Latics had taken advantage of the opportunities he provided they would easily have trebled their score.

The clever Calusso - his movement and running make him a natural - has played for his country at Under-20 and 23 levels and appeared in more than 120 games in the Argentine Premier League.

Wadsworth said: "Cristian is a tremendous talent and he has played many games with top players at the highest level. We have to embrace his talent and not say what he should and not do because he has fantastic technique."

Colusso was signed until the end of the season in a short-term deal and is now a free agent after being released by his club Rosario Central, who hit major financial problems.

New contract talks are continuing at Boundary Park this week and Wadsworth added: "He likes it here and wants to stay - I hope we can work something out."

Frenchman Julien Baudet is also proving to be a big success. The 23-year-old, who is contracted to the end of next season, hit the game's 10th minute winner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How different a situation would we be in now if we'd have signed him? He might have been the difference in us winning the play-offs the season after instead of losing to QPR?

Sorry for the double post, but Mick Wadsworth in conjuction with the Manchester Evening News make Colusso to be a footballing God

Here's what I dragged up from the internet:-

Wadsworth keen to keep Colusso

April 22, 2002

THE signing of Argentinian ace Cristian Colusso will be a crucial part of boss Mick Wadsworth's promotion plans for next season.

There is little doubt that the hugely-talented midfielder could be one of the top players in the second division and he gave Boundary Park's biggest crowd of the season a glimpse of his silky skills and Wadsworth admitted: "I am determined to keep him."

Colusso, 25, scores goals of the highest quality and his creative instincts clearly shone through in this game.

He was also unlucky not to get on the scoresheet after a crafty chip from 25 yards hit the bar.

Rangers couldn't get to grips with the little gem's mastery and if the Latics had taken advantage of the opportunities he provided they would easily have trebled their score.

The clever Calusso - his movement and running make him a natural - has played for his country at Under-20 and 23 levels and appeared in more than 120 games in the Argentine Premier League.

Wadsworth said: "Cristian is a tremendous talent and he has played many games with top players at the highest level. We have to embrace his talent and not say what he should and not do because he has fantastic technique."

Colusso was signed until the end of the season in a short-term deal and is now a free agent after being released by his club Rosario Central, who hit major financial problems.

New contract talks are continuing at Boundary Park this week and Wadsworth added: "He likes it here and wants to stay - I hope we can work something out."

Frenchman Julien Baudet is also proving to be a big success. The 23-year-old, who is contracted to the end of next season, hit the game's 10th minute winner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How different a situation would we be in now if we'd have signed him? He might have been the difference in us winning the play-offs the season after instead of losing to QPR?

to play cardiff in cardiff in such a massive game for both teams, a lad from are work went who doesnt even like football and even he said i wish i didnt bother going.... :grin:

carl valantine for me

dynamic winger....

remember him scoring 2 crackers against bolton 2-2 boxing day i think

Don't want to be the Guardian of the British Isles but......Valentine wasn't from "outside the BI" . He took Canadian nationality only after he emigrated there.

What was the reason for us not keeping Colusso? I can't remember that much of him apart from being fairly skillful but a little light weight, if adsworth rated him so highly and the work permit wasn't the problem, what scuppered the deal?

he wanted 18 Grand a week apparantly

he didnt score an overhead kick..did he?.. that was blah blah da silva or bettter known as lorencho?

brought in by dowie.

And Tranmere at home in a 1-1 draw, whoever was there must remember the weather conditions

i think the monsoon we had that night had a bearing on him staying!

But it is part of the British Isles - which is nothing to do with political boundaries. Honest.

The British Isles are a group of islands off the northwest coast of continental Europe that include Great Britain and Ireland, and numerous smaller islands.[7] There are two sovereign states located on the islands: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and Ireland.[8] The British Isles also includes the Crown Dependencies of the Isle of Man and, by tradition, the Channel Islands, although the latter are not physically a part of the island group.[

but it isnt part if the british isles, before 'britain' existed the islands were already there. so it has everything to do with political boundaries really.

brought in by dowie.

forgive me if im confused, but the bury last minute equaliser was an overhead kick wasnt it?