• Joe Jacobson
    • Neal Eardley
    • Lewi Alessandra
    • Dean Smalley
    • Greg Fleming
    • Chris Taylor
    • Someone Else ...
    • Lee Hughes! (:

Too early to say. Of our existing squad it's between Gregan, Worthington and Eardley (you've missed Hazell by the way).

However, there are more players to come, so I'll sit on the fence til we have a full squad. :wink:

Too early to say. Of our existing squad it's between Gregan, Worthington and Eardley (you've missed Hazell by the way).

However, there are more players to come, so I'll sit on the fence til we have a full squad. :wink:

agree. with a possible 5 more signings to come ill wait a while

I'd like to say Taylor because of how much he loves the club and how much he puts in every game but I just don't think he is mentally tough enough for it. Rubes would be a decent choice but he isn't in the poll, definately someone who puts everything he has into the game and puts his body on the line time and again when needed. Gregan could take it back but maybe it would be better to keep his ego on the 'down low' seeing as it was rumoured that was a problem last year. I've voted for Worthington purely on what the Huddersfield fans have said an dthe little that i have seen of him against us. Always gave 100% and led by example so I would be happy enough with him taking the captaincy. Thinking about this from a different angle though I would consider Eardley just because it may increase our chances of him signign a new contract if he sees that we do see him as a valuable part of the team.

Worthington

Although it shouldn't matter who is captain, all of our players need to be more vocal and communicate more. Even if worthington is captain it doesnt mean Greegan or whoever else cant boss the defence. We need more than one leader on the pitch imo.

I will be pretty pissed off if Gregan is captain again.

He should count himself friggin lucky he has been given a contract, other clubs werent exactly banging his door down to sign him.

Do you know that for a fact Carl? I would be surprised if we weren't one of several clubs who were interested in him. Do you imagine his agent wasn't aware of roughly what level of interest there was in him when they decided not to sign the first contract offer? He has been outstanding against pretty much all of the teams in our division at least once in the last few years, its crazy talk to think we were his last desperate option

I'd like to say Taylor because of how much he loves the club and how much he puts in every game but I just don't think he is mentally tough enough for it.

Absolutely, he's got many good qualities but right now he's not a captain. Remember Eardley throwing the armband to him when he got brought off injured at tranmere a couple of years back - he crapped himself and begged someone to take it off him.

i'd like to see Gregan as captain again but given that Penney didn't originally want to offer him a new contract i can't see it, as people have said Worthington seems the most likely bet at the minute.