Bring back the classics!

Beardy

We have all seen todays TV quiz shows and reminisced about our favourites from yesteryear which we would love to see in either an updated format or the original set up!

There are so many that came out and died a death, but one sticks in my mind so much i would love to see it remade.

TREASURE HUNT. Channel 4 1983-1989

The format was simple, 2 contestants are in a studio mocked up as a library with all the relevant information needed to learn bits about local history in the towns, villages they went to.

Kenneth Kendall was the posh presenter who helped figure out the clues with the contestants.

Wincey Willis, was an unnofficial helper in the studio and tracked were the intrepid Anneka Rice was on the map of the UK. (yes there were a couple before her, but Wincey was the girl i saw most of!)

Anneka Rice, was luvvly, she would run around like a headless chicken and she was so polite, if that was me, i would be swearing at everyone.

The Lovely Anneka in her hellichopper.

treasure_hunt_1987b.jpg

The idea was soooo simple, the studio had no feed to Anneka, bar a radio link, we had Graham the cameraman.

The contestants would work together to find cryptic clues and send Anneka to specific locations to find more clues, i believe there were 5 clues in all.

They would even go into Europe to make things a little tricky for the contestants.

I believe that they should bring this back, they tried in 2003 with Suzi Perry being the skychaser, but it flopped due to the BBC not advertising it properly.

If they ever brought the programme back they would have to work on the same format, they couldnt have a it too technoliogic, as that would ruin it!

What shows SHOULD be back on our tv?

What was that one on ITV where they had to bet or something on whether somebody would manage something like yes/no think there was 3 of them, might of been called YouBet?

Fronted by Brucie and then Matthew Kelly.....

Aren't all these on Dave anyway? :unsure:

3-2-1 - that was classic tv, and unremittingly crap at the same time.

Same as Bullseye.

Come and see what you could've won...

A speedboooat? What would ah do wi'a speedboooat? Ah live in Tamworth!

I think my favourite childhood tv show was Dukes of Hazzard. I'd love to see that back!

Tomorrow's World with Maggie Philbin - I used to love dreaming of all the things we might see in the future.

Kickstart - What a theme tune

The Fall Guy

Chips

Wrestling - on a Saturday before the match!

No.73 with Sandy Togsvik

Terrahawks - scared the living daylights out of me, but I loved it.

Great nostaligia site here

Edited by pdw76

The Tomorrow People & .................................. Buck rodgers on the 25th Century :grin: bi di bi di bi F off Buck ..... The Golden Shot and Petrocelli and while were at it .. granellis Ice cream instead of the whippy :censored:e !!!

and while were at it .. granellis Ice cream instead of the whippy :censored:e !!!

Ohhhhh!! Yes!!

Granellis Ice Cream. One of my favourite memories. Whenever the van broke down, Peter Burgon's van mysteriously appeared, to mop up the profits from the waiting masses.

Granellis was so popular around Block Lane in the 60s and 70s that the van made stops every 150 yards. All our family had a cornet on a Sunday evening - even the dog (Who wouldn't eat any other kind of ice cream).