• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im really sick of the FA they only care a bout profits and no longer tthe leagues as a whole, if you drop out of prem u get "parachute payments" to help you get back up, if your a low league club who needs 100k to survive they dont want to know, even if they give lower league clubs 1/10th of what they give the prem i dont think any club would be in admin.

like the setanta saga, they recieved 1 final payment which went straight to the prem boys, the spl got nothing, and they needed the money a lot more

The Premier League, FA and Football Leagues are not the same Animal. They are different entities.

The Premier League, FA and Football Leagues are not the same Animal. They are different entities.

...and if you gave every club in the football league £100k the odds are they'd all blow it on players wages and then moan about not getting enough money through.

It's football clubs habits which require changing not the funding mechanisms (which, granted, don't help at times).

are they? didnt know that sorry lol

i just see a lot of money poured into prem league from the FA though and i cant understand how it isnt shared, go back to div 1 div 2 div 3 and div 4 then the business men cant find ways out of helping the clubs.

i can honestly see the english league ending up with only 2 divisions

You just always sound negative on your posts!!!!!!!

Not necessarily. I just try to explain what I see. I don't ask anybody to agree with me.

If I was to be upbeat about the club's prospects when I don't feel there's any particular reason to be, I'd be dishonest. Wouldn't I?

i can honestly see the english league ending up with only 2 divisions

Yes. And the way it's looking we'll be outside them. Probably as a part-time outfit, along with most of the current bottom two divisions. Which means, of course, that this is what we'd reamain permanently.

This is why it was always imperative that we didn't get bogged down in this division.

Yes. And the way it's looking we'll be outside them. Probably as a part-time outfit, along with most of the current bottom two divisions. Which means, of course, that this is what we'd reamain permanently.

I've learnt not to rise to you over the years Corp, but this is simply guesswork founded by... founded by... well, nothing really.

From the stuff I've been hearing, nothing could be further from the truth. Carry on speculating anyway, it's fun!

Manure, yanks, millions in debt, blah blahblah.... I wish we had won 2 league titles, a European cup, a world club cup, a euro runners up medal, etc etc etc in the last two years!

Back on topic (I've always wanted to do that!), will Southampton or indeed any other club in league one, be docked points next year? And if not yet, would Southamptons current troubles mean they are in line for it, provding they do get a backer of course.......?

Not necessarily. I just try to explain what I see. I don't ask anybody to agree with me.

If I was to be upbeat about the club's prospects when I don't feel there's any particular reason to be, I'd be dishonest. Wouldn't I?

so why do you SUPPORT them. Support being the opperative word.

Manure, yanks, millions in debt, blah blahblah.... I wish we had won 2 league titles, a European cup, a world club cup, a euro runners up medal, etc etc etc in the last two years!

Back on topic (I've always wanted to do that!), will Southampton or indeed any other club in league one, be docked points next year? And if not yet, would Southamptons current troubles mean they are in line for it, provding they do get a backer of course.......?

Saints will currently be on -10 and could be on -25 depending on the way they leave administration.

I've learnt not to rise to you over the years Corp, but this is simply guesswork founded by... founded by... well, nothing really.

From the stuff I've been hearing, nothing could be further from the truth. Carry on speculating anyway, it's fun!

I'm not asking for you, or anybody else, to rise to anything.

Of course it's speculation. How could it be anything else? However, it's speculation based on patterns you can already see developing. As others have said, the money in the game being heavily concentrated at the top makes it a struggle to survive for most lower league clubs. We are currently witnessing yet another club at the point of going out of business. What is going to happen when the cost of what's happened to the economy with the financial crisis and what's currently being done to mask it's effects really comes into play? Are the top clubs going to protect their own interests, or are they going to spread the remaining wealth? What we know of them, and of the football authorities, gives us the probable answer. Lower league clubs will then have to adjust to survive, and many of them will struggle to remain full professional operations. It is for this reason that I say that it was vital for the club not to get bogged down in this division: soon, the exit door at the right end of the table might be blocked off permanently.

I don't know what you mean about 'the stuff you've been hearing,' (if you mean regarding the club, how is your nudge, nudge hinting any different than Tindall's messing about yesterday?) Like most supporters, I know of what's going on at BP only what it's possible to see from the outside, but what I see is a club heavily subsidised by owners whose business plan aimed at making the club financially independent has stalled, with its underpinnings possibly gone for good. I don't see this as particularly encouraging for prospects for promotion and survival at the higher level.

If you know differently, and things are about to look up behind the scenes at BP then bully for you. But, as we've already seen, mere hints are useless.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

so why do you SUPPORT them. Support being the opperative word.

Like most people on here, I support Latics because it's in my blood to do so. I always have and always will. It doesn't follow, however, that I have to be blindly optimistic when what I can see with my own eyes gives me little or no reason to be so.

As I've said before, if you dislike the pessimism you can ignore me. Probably 95% of what gets written on this board is optimistic to one degree or another.

Like most people on here, I support Latics because it's in my blood to do so. I always have and always will. It doesn't follow, however, that I have to be blindly optimistic when what I can see with my own eyes gives me little or no reason to be so.

As I've said before, if you dislike the pessimism you can ignore me. Probably 95% of what gets written on this board is optimistic to one degree or another.

You dont exactly KEEP THE FAITH either. Quite Frankly from what I have seen I would rather not read your morbid posts.

Well I hope they come through it, if only for the fans sake. I know how shattered I'd be if we went under. However, -25 poi ts? That can only help our cause? Just need charlton, Leeds, franchise, trannies etc to get docked now!

I don't know what you mean about 'the stuff you've been hearing,' (if you mean regarding the club, how is your nudge, nudge hinting any different than Tindall's messing about yesterday?) Like most supporters, I know of what's going on at BP only what it's possible to see from the outside, but what I see is a club heavily subsidised by owners whose business plan aimed at making the club financially independent has stalled, with its underpinnings possibly gone for good. I don't see this as particularly encouraging for prospects for promotion and survival at the higher level.

If you know differently, and things are about to look up behind the scenes at BP then bully for you. But, as we've already seen, mere hints are useless.

Yeah, I'm loathe to start any nudge nudge wink wink type of things myself, and I'm certainly not doing it for attention seeking benefit like this Tindall fella. More just to try and put a point across to you; merchant of D&G, as we go into the valley of death, that you're speculating (albeit based on patterns emerging in the world of economy and football) is quite wide of the mark. It's also unhealthy speculation, driven by TEH FEAR of being left behind and nothing much else.

If you're speculating and you're close to the mark I'll leave you be, but you're not. You're miles off.

Yeah, I'm loathe to start any nudge nudge wink wink type of things myself, and I'm certainly not doing it for attention seeking benefit like this Tindall fella. More just to try and put a point across to you; merchant of D&G, as we go into the valley of death, that you're speculating (albeit based on patterns emerging in the world of economy and football) is quite wide of the mark. It's also unhealthy speculation, driven by TEH FEAR of being left behind and nothing much else.

If you're speculating and you're close to the mark I'll leave you be, but you're not. You're miles off.

This is incoherent. You can claim I'm miles off if you want, but you have to offer at least a semblance of analysis as to why. You haven't. And as I said, I haven't claimed to be doing anything other than speculating-but it's speculation based on an interpretation of patterns it's already possible to observe. Of course I'm afraid of the club being left even further behind. In the last fifteen years we've already lost ground that changes in the game ensure we'll never recover.

Your hinting is no different to Tindalls, it's just more low key.

This is incoherent. You can claim I'm miles off if you want, but you have to offer at least a semblance of analysis as to why.

No I don't! There are no rules here dear boy. I can't divulge purely on who gave me the info and the position the person is in. Whether or not you believe me is up to you, though I suspect you don't. Which is fine of course, Carry on!

No I don't! There are no rules here dear boy. I can't divulge purely on who gave me the info and the position the person is in. Whether or not you believe me is up to you, though I suspect you don't. Which is fine of course, Carry on!

I don't disbelieve you. It's impossible to believe or disbelieve in nothing.

You'll never make Sergeant will you? If supporting Latics is in the blood try supporting them instead of taking a negative stance when people attempt to be supportive and inject positivity into the support.