Exactly what the word means......anybody can point out the bad things in anything. Only true supporters are positive in the face of uncertainty. We all know the shortcomings and how long we've been in this position, but it's really boring now. How can a club move forward if the 'support' is so :censored: negative?

Edited by Zorrro

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. I'm fairly certain that CJ attends games regularly. If this is the case, he supports the club financially. If we make the assumption that he's not a huge dissenter whilst in the crowd, then at the very least he's a 'neutral' contributor.

I fail to see how showing concern about the potential plight of the club based on what most[who?] consider to be sound financial analysis can be construed as being unsupportive.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't generally agree with what CJ says. It's interesting to read a well-balanced counter argument, though.

For the record, I'm quite scathing about OAFC and rarely attend games. I must be punished!

I don't care whether he or anyone attends games, some are unable. There have been many topics he has sabotaged with his 'interesting and well-balanced counter argument'. He has valid points as do many other people but he bangs the same drum all of the time. A little positivity wouldn't go amiss. Like I said it's easy to be negative, let's see how well balanced he can be.

Okay. I'm fairly certain that CJ attends games regularly. If this is the case, he supports the club financially. If we make the assumption that he's not a huge dissenter whilst in the crowd, then at the very least he's a 'neutral' contributor.

I fail to see how showing concern about the potential plight of the club based on what most[who?] consider to be sound financial analysis can be construed as being unsupportive.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't generally agree with what CJ says. It's interesting to read a well-balanced counter argument, though.

For the record, I'm quite scathing about OAFC and rarely attend games. I must be punished!

On the contrary, I constantly bemoan the plight of the club, rue what might have been and try to warn of what might be ahead because I actually want things to get worse.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

I don't care whether he or anyone attends games, some are unable. There have been many topics he has sabotaged with his 'interesting and well-balanced counter argument'. He has valid points as do many other people but he bangs the same drum all of the time. A little positivity wouldn't go amiss. Like I said it's easy to be negative, let's see how well balanced he can be.

Contrary to what some on here try to make out, I do give praise when I think it's due. However I'm not at all interested in some spurious 'balance' - by which you presumably mean join in the happy clapping. Happy clapping is, as said, heavily dominant on here, is in no way 'balanced' and is actually more repetitive in its themes than I am.

And as I also keep having to say, I'm never negative for the sake of it-I always try to give reasons for my viewpoint, which is more than you can say for some.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Contrary to what some on here try to make out, I do give praise when I think it's due. However I'm not at all interested in some spurious 'balance' - by which you presumably mean join in the happy clapping. Happy clapping is, as said, heavily dominant on here, is in no way 'balanced' and is actually more repetitive in its themes than I am.

And as I also keep having to say, I'm never negative for the sake of it-I always try to give reasons for my viewpoint, which is more than you can say for some.

I don't ask for happy clapping, just nice fluffy posts, you know ones which don't bang on about how we're doomed.

I don't ask for happy clapping, just nice fluffy posts, you know ones which don't bang on about how we're doomed.

Sigh. Read them then. For the 200,000th time, they make up 95% of this board.

And I've never said we're doomed. Ever. Why? Because it's meaningless. I have said why I think the club seems to be heading in a direction I don't much care for. The idiot's term 'doom and gloom' is used to discredit the arguments of those who give reasons for why a given situation may not be as benign as is generally believed, usually without having to give a proper counter-argument.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Sigh. Read them then. For the 200,000th time, they make up 95% of this board.

And I've never said we're doomed. Ever. Why? Because it's meaningless. I have said why I think the club seems to be heading in a direction I don't much care for. The idiot's term 'doom and gloom' is used to discredit the arguments of those who give reasons for why a given situation may not be as benign as is generally believed, usually without having to give a proper counter-argument.

The club seems to be heading in this direction? If you're not sure stop being negative. The thing is I personally only worry about facts, not rumour and conjecture.

You'll never make Sergeant will you? If supporting Latics is in the blood try supporting them instead of taking a negative stance when people attempt to be supportive and inject positivity into the support.

Well Said, Go and get a life- Corpl Jones, Are you the little old guy from Dads Army?

How can a thread that starts off talking about the plight of Southampton FC, which can't be fully understood without looking at the wider economics of contemporary professional football, which obviously affects the situation of Oldham Athletic, be said to have been hijacked just because somebody has brought the subject of the latter up?

Why has the thread been locked?

so its been open again since lunch yesterday and you (and anyone else) have failed to contributed to this post further .... so corp what was your rant about ?????? :huh:

so its been open again since lunch yesterday and you have failed to contributed to this post further .... so corp what was your rant about ?????? :huh:

I just wondered why it had been locked when many more contentious threads, containing far more personal abuse between posters, manage to survive for pages and pages. I don't particularly want to post on it again unless somebody replies to one of my earlier posts.

so its been open again since lunch yesterday and you (and anyone else) have failed to contributed to this post further .... so corp what was your rant about ?????? :huh:

To be fair Mark, there have been many threads that degenerate into a completely random pile of :censored: unrelated to the original cause and which add nothing to the cause of human knowledge. I know, it's often my fault. Surely we don't have to justifying wanting to post on a thread?