Scott Golbourne

when he played for latics for me didnt seem to do much as in stand out as a player but seemed stable at his job

He certainly was effective at goal line clearances at Latics. 3 spring to mind instantly.

He certainly was effective at goal line clearances at Latics. 3 spring to mind instantly.

Leicester on TV. I would have had him. Bit like Lomax, but left footed so had an instant advantage! Hopefully Jacobsen will be good, but I would have chose Golbourne over him initially, but I've not seen Jacobsen yet.

Golbourne was decent in teh tackle and quick but never really offered us that much going forward in my opinion. The thing that stood out for me with both him and DJ was their poor positional play, not many seemed to notice it, but they cost us a fair few goals between them by not holding their line, Gregan often then took the blame from the fans for not being with his man and then shouting at the guy who had stayed in when the line had been pushed.

wasnt bad i thought, jones was a lot better but anything beats lomax!

Would this be the Lomax that was part of an unbeaten team until Jones rolled up. Not many complaints up until then. Lomax was steady until Sheriden tinkered with a winning team.

Would this be the Lomax that was part of an unbeaten team until Jones rolled up. Not many complaints up until then. Lomax was steady until Sheriden tinkered with a winning team.

Sorry mate but to me that arguement sounds like the only reason things went tits up last season was because lomax got dropped! If Lomax had stayed in the team I would still expect last season to have followed a very similar if not worse path, I remember DJ scoring and setting up a few chances, something I feel Lomax would not have achieved.

Sorry mate but to me that arguement sounds like the only reason things went tits up last season was because lomax got dropped! If Lomax had stayed in the team I would still expect last season to have followed a very similar if not worse path, I remember DJ scoring and setting up a few chances, something I feel Lomax would not have achieved.

Jones isn't a defender, Lomax was 10 times better in defence.....in fact if Jones is a defender my cock's a kipper

What's that flapping around in my trousers......

I'm merely pointing out we were on a roll and Sheriden had no need to change a winning side.

It is one of those "we'll never know" points. How many of us, taking a retrospective view, would bring in Jones for Lomax?