Taylor to Bristol City?

There's been a thread on here for a while suggesing we have turned down a 500K bid from Leeds, I think we would be looking at a figure around £1M tbh.

£1M Not beyond the realms of possibility- we spent £2m+ On Maynard last summer and our chirman is very very wealthy. Don't know what we will get for McIndoe but Johnson usually buys players under 24 who are developing so watch this space.

And what would that be £1M £2M The earth!

Id settle for the Moon on a stick

I can't see it happening. It would be a backwards step for the club. If he has a stormer of a season and we are not promoted then i can see him going.

I really dont understand where these valuations come from. Look at Daniel Sturridge. He's moved from Citeh to Chelski in a deal set to be finalised by tribunal.

City are looking to get a 'development fee' of around £10m for Sturridge, although Chelsea's valuation is thought to be somewhat lower at an estimated £3m.

This kid has scored 4 first team goals. How the hell can that get him a valuation between £3m and £10m????!!!!!!!

If thats the scale that clubs are working from then surely Taylor should be valued at at least 4 or 5 million. Not that we would ever get it, cos we're a little fish in a pond full of pirhanas.......

I really dont understand where these valuations come from. Look at Daniel Sturridge. He's moved from Citeh to Chelski in a deal set to be finalised by tribunal.

This kid has scored 4 first team goals. How the hell can that get him a valuation between £3m and £10m????!!!!!!!

If thats the scale that clubs are working from then surely Taylor should be valued at at least 4 or 5 million. Not that we would ever get it, cos we're a little fish in a pond full of pirhanas.......

He's 18-19 years old, England international up to under 21 level, played in the premiership and has been chased by Chelsea since he was 16, oh and he's a striker.

Taylor is 22 and played his whole career in the third division, it ain't rocket science.

He's 18-19 years old, England international up to under 21 level, played in the premiership and has been chased by Chelsea since he was 16, oh and he's a striker.

Taylor is 22 and played his whole career in the third division, it ain't rocket science.

:lol:

If he's that good where was he in Sweden? Only asking like....

And if he's that good why could he not get a game at city when they had Jo out on loan and only Robinho as a recognised striker?

Point im trying to make is the big clubs seem to be able to get big money for the tea-lady whereas small clubs like ourselves cant get anything even half decent for our star players.

One of your supporters has just come on our message board saying your message board says we are in for Taylor.

This would make a lot of sense as Michel Mcindoe looks set to go to Sheff Utd.

Think he is pulling your plonker

And if he's that good why could he not get a game at city when they had Jo out on loan and only Robinho as a recognised striker?

Point im trying to make is the big clubs seem to be able to get big money for the tea-lady whereas small clubs like ourselves cant get anything even half decent for our star players.

Well City went out and spent squillions on Bellemy in January and also had a number of other strikers in the squad, but he's a teenager, how many teenagers lead the line in the premier league?

I really don't think you can compare the two players.

Senor is right. Daniel Sturridge is a considerably better player Chris Taylor. Nobody should need me to tell them that - the fact Chelsea are after him and Leeds are after Taylor begins to illustrate this. :wink:

To base a valuation on goals scored is quite bizzare.

I'd sell Chris for £1M. Why? Because if we had £1M to spend......I wouldn't spend it on Chris Taylor. We'd be better off bringing in a few Dean Furman types (or even cracking on with the new stand!!)

It would.

What I mean is it's nowhere near enough to even lay the foundations for the super-duper, de-luxe model 5,000 capacity multi-tiered effort that we were told was to replace the Lookers.

Out of interest-would people be happy with some pale, inferior version of the projected stadium redevelopment if that was all that was on offer?