Do you want us to re-sign Hughes?

laticsrblue

321 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want us to re-sign Hughes?

• Yes
    • No - edit - He's gone. Goood Riddance :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously it would be dependant on the circumstances of the agreement....but seeing as those would be to the clubs satisfaction I have voted yes.

I always thought he was worth a contract extension but not the big pay rise.

No, Moved to blackpool thinking he was good enought and now no1 wants to take him on he comes back to us typical oldham

Would you prefer him to not have confidence in his ability? Do you think City shouldn't have had SWP back?

And anyway.....Big Joe slung him out!!

Edited by Stitch_KTF

I've voted yes because 20 goal a season strikers don't grow on trees.

However, I would expect the club to fill his contract with a host of do's and do not do's so that IF he let us down, we wouldn't find ourselves out of pocket.

It would keep the team socials lively. I'm not sure we are going to get him on the bargain people are thinking, maybe nobody is biting at what he is after but if he was on the cheap there would be lots of teams willing to take a chance.

do we want to get out of this league? if we do we need a striker of hughes calibre to partner abbott

Can I play you at poker some time dean, I bet your really good at it. Or perhaps if you have a house or car to sale, we could try and negotiate a deal.

:grin:

I'd take a punt on him...

He's shown that he knows where the goal is - if he did play up, we flog/fine him and use it as an example to the rest of the squad. That would show that there has been a regime change and that players can't behave like last season.

I don't think DP will take any messing from any of them - he'll keep them socially distant - that means he will be able to bo***ck them without being one of the boys and them just telling him where to go...

I,ve said before on this forum on purely football basis the answer must be yes

- Hughes scores goals at this level - there is no risk on that point

-bringing in a new signing, even a player with a proven goal scoring record elsewhere does not bring with it the assurance of goals for us

-bringing in a new signing, even a player with a proven goal scoring record elsewhere does not bring with it the assurance of goals for us

Operator error I'm afraid!!!!!!

To finish the question is about his attitude and thats a call for the manager abd from what we have seen so far I,ll go along with DP

Edited by dcfrance

You've said it twice before.... ^_^

Ha! I'm at the excitable point of pre season where any player looks good, but Hughes and Abbot up front would be brilliant - also if Abbot does get injured we have 2 great strikers instead of one and won't have to rely on the kids... - I'd rather throw them on as impact players.

But I shouldn't get too carried away...

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. It seems clear that this guy was one of the main reasons why Shez lost his job. I think the other was Gregan with his bullying and drinking (opinions formed from all the crap spouted on these boards).

Also, it has been said the 20 goal-a-season strikers don't grow on trees (well, they'd be leaves if they did wouldn't nthey) but they are also not as rare as you might make out.

2008 - 2009

Cox Swindon 29

Lambert Bristol Rovers 29

Beckford Leeds United 27

Fryatt Leicester 27

Hooper Scunthorpe 24

Mackail-Smith Peterborough 23

2007-2008

Scotland Swansea 29

Lambert Bristol Rovers 20

Beckford Leeds 20

2006-2007

Sharp Scunthorpe 32

Constantine Port Vale 26

Varney Crewe 25

Porter Oldham Athletic 22

Hefernan Doncaster 21

Trundle Swansea 20

2005-2006

Eastwood Southend 25

Sharp Scunthorpe 24

Trundle Swansea 21

Hayter Bournemouth 20

Windass Bradford 20

2004-2005

Lita Bristol City 29

Elliott Hull 29

Windass Bradford 28

Boyd Hartlepool 27

Abbott Huddersfield 27

Parkin Swindon 24

Hayter Bournemouth 22

Howard Luton 22

Brooker Bristol City 21

2008 - 2009

Cox Swindon 29

Lambert Bristol Rovers 29

Beckford Leeds United 27

Fryatt Leicester 27

Hooper Scunthorpe 24

Mackail-Smith Peterborough 23

That's rare enough isn't it!!!? - Who can we get a nearly guarenteed 20 goals from? :huh:

I really don't care if the man is a complete idiot - I'm not interested in being his mate.

If DP feels he can manage him and we have the funds, we should do what we can to get him.

As you say, the last thing I want again is a repeat of free to loan has-been strikers with no legs...