Do you want us to re-sign Hughes?

laticsrblue

321 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want us to re-sign Hughes?

• Yes
    • No - edit - He's gone. Goood Riddance :)

Anyone who wants Hughes back in a Latics shirt is an utter mug...if you don't like that opinion of mine...well, it's tough really. As I said elsewhere the other day...I reckon a hell of a lot of those sticking YES in this poll are the same ones who scoffed at Kilkenny's potential return (when strongly rumoured back in Jan near deadline day) as he "took the money"..."gave us the two fingers" etc etc etc.

Seems the day of fans wanting loyal, hard-working, run thru brick walls for the shirt players is long gone...well...for some (or in this case, a very sad majority!)

I don't want Hughes back, but I don't think the yessrs are mugs. That's their opinion, if you don't like it, tough.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want Hughes back, but I don't think the yessrs are mugs. That's their opinion, if you don't like it, tough.

Nope...I don't like it...I think it stinks after the wailing and subsequent demise last season of which he and a few others were a big contributory factor in...and they don't like my opinion...and the world keeps on turning :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Then it's tough for the minority amongst us as clearly indicated by the poll. The mugs have mugged the non mugs, whilst the non mugs may still win out the day without Lee Hughes here next season. Your Kilkenny analogy doesn't quite work, his contract offer wasn't pulled.

Edited by Lags

Then it's tough for the minority amongst us as clearly indicated by the poll. The mugs have mugged the non mugs, whilst the non mugs may still win out the day without Lee Hughes here next season. Your Kilkenny analogy doesn't quite work, his contract offer wasn't pulled.

True...it wasn't...that wasn't the point...it was those scoffing at him returning for the reasons I mentioned...all of which are very applicable again for Hughes (and that's for starters). And yeah...the mugs have been mugging the non mugs for a good while at BP! A very good while! Funnily enough, after todays comments, it seems Corney's cottoned onto it now :grin:

NB: Altho I do believe he will leave the Hughes decision up to Penney...as a Chairman should do!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head!

Coincidence isn't it that the majority want Hughes,the same majority that wanted to see the back of Ron!

Maybe the majority should offer their apologies to both Simon Corney and yourself BB.

Don't reckon many will :tongue1:

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head!

Coincidence isn't it that the majority want Hughes,the same majority that wanted to see the back of Ron!

Maybe the majority should offer their apologies to both Simon Corney and yourself BB.

Don't reckon many will :tongue1:

See this is it...ain't a coincidence whatsoever...I'd wage a fair bet that most who are against Hughes returning probably would've given Moore the chance even if they were sceptical of how it may turn out...also, the difference between me and Simon Corney (or more so TTA) is that I don't have :censored:loads of my money in the club so pissing me off doesn't matter at all. TTA though? Well....

See this is it...ain't a coincidence whatsoever...I'd wage a fair bet that most who are against Hughes returning probably would've given Moore the chance even if they were sceptical of how it may turn out...also, the difference between me and Simon Corney (or more so TTA) is that I don't have :censored:loads of my money in the club so pissing me off doesn't matter at all. TTA though? Well....

haha i didnt want Moore to continue as manager, but I also dont want Hughes back, hes had his chance IMO.

If what Simon Corney says is correct then there is a contract on offer to Hughes. He knows how much we are prepared to pay and he is now trying to get a better deal at Notts County. The guy does not want to be here unless it is as a last resort. Sign someone who wants to be here as most of Dave Penney's signing seem to. Bad apple.....keep him out of the barrel.

If what Simon Corney says is correct then there is a contract on offer to Hughes. He knows how much we are prepared to pay and he is now trying to get a better deal at Notts County. The guy does not want to be here unless it is as a last resort. Sign someone who wants to be here as most of Dave Penney's signing seem to. Bad apple.....keep him out of the barrel.

He is going were the money is isnt he

McParland has said his demands are to high, but are still trying to sort a deal out

Like most players, he's following the money. Who can blame him for his last professional contract?

There may be a trade off between staying at Latics on "a bit less" than he can get elsewhere and the hassle of travelling. There may not be if he simply chooses to move to Nottingham.

He may be using Notts County to leverage a better offer from Latics - who may or may not call his bluff if that's the case.

The guy does not want to be here unless it is as a last resort

I don't think that's necessarily fair. The guy wants to do what's best for himself and his kids. If somebody offered you £1,000 a week to do much the same job somewhere else would you give it due consideration?

He is going were the money is isnt he

McParland has said his demands are to high, but are still trying to sort a deal out

Can't really blame him can you? Not like he's got many years left and isn't going to have a nice pension fund set up is he?

haha i didnt want Moore to continue as manager, but I also dont want Hughes back, hes had his chance IMO.

"I'd wage a fair bet that most who are against Hughes returning probably would've given Moore the chance"

Spot the important word in the above sentence...it's different to the word "all"

As for this offered contract, I'm quite sceptical of it. And also think it was probably a contract a bit like we offered Guy Branston...one so low we knew was never going to be accepted.

Edited by boundaryblue80

"I'd wage a fair bet that most who are against Hughes returning probably would've given Moore the chance"

Spot the important word in the above sentence...it's different to the word "all"

As for this offered contract, I'm quite sceptical of it. And also think it was probably a contract a bit like we offered Guy Branston...one so low we knew was never going to be accepted.

I do apologise sir. I wasnt actually having a go at you btw. Maybe you could highlight all the important words in future just to make sure i understand :wink: