Corney asked Rochdale about possible ground share

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what issues they had, but they don't exist in a problem-free zone, that's for sure. None of what you say alters the fact that Oldham always has to have the :censored:ty end of the stick.

Lack of investment from money men...

Lack of support from the town...

Lack of a will to turn the club into a modern club... (moaning fans, trust, supporters association)

All factors aren't they to the reason why we end up with a :censored:ty stick...

So far we have no evidence that a shared stadium would be built any quicker than BP could be redeveloped, for reasons discussed above.

We have no evidence it wouldn't.... This is just light hearted discussion fella...chillax :)

I would suggest common sense dictates that a 80 million project becoming a 40 million project ( from our point of view ) might help :)

Edited by oafc0000

Any chance of you stating why ?

Why on earth would anybody in their right mind actually WANT Latics to share a ground with Rochdale?

If we do share with Rochdale, it better be on this side of the border aswell. Why on earth would anybody willingly want us to move into their town to share with that lot?

The ones who aren't relaxed, it seems to me, are the ones who are getting annoyed as usual.

Annoyed over what ? The fact the we are having initial talks with Rochdale to see if it would be feasible to share a stadium... The answer might be no... Why annoyance ?

Why on earth would anybody in their right mind actually WANT Latics to share a ground with Rochdale?

If we do share with Rochdale, it better be on this side of the border aswell. Why on earth would anybody willingly want us to move into their town to share with that lot?

Survival... Prosperity... You know they are only rival football fans/club, they aren't murdering paedophile scum or anything.... :)

Another question: if both clubs, as is being presumed, have to sell their existing stadiums and land in order to gain funding for a joint stadium, both grounds can't be demolished at the same time. One club will presumably have to share with another for a period.

Here's my prediction, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong: if anything comes of the idea of sharing with Rochdale, the only ground we will ever share with them is Spotland. You heard it first here, folks...

So far we have no evidence that a shared stadium would be built any quicker than BP could be redeveloped, for reasons discussed above.

i refer you to my previous quotes, look at oldham hospital, it is developing, with rochdalee hospital closing the patients will now be going to oldham hospital which will have to be developed to cope with the influx of patients,

now if boundary park comes available i believe that would be a good prospect for the hospital and i think the powers that be would be interested in buying the BP site, with this money for all the site being sold, im sure we could come up with our share for the new stadium?

i refer you to my previous quotes, look at oldham hospital, it is developing, with rochdalee hospital closing the patients will now be going to oldham hospital which will have to be developed to cope with the influx of patients,

now if boundary park comes available i believe that would be a good prospect for the hospital and i think the powers that be would be interested in buying the BP site, with this money for all the site being sold, im sure we could come up with our share for the new stadium?

Your quotes on the other thread? They were contended with some equally valid speculation, were they not?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

How I see it - The TTA have decided that the re-development of BP is not a viable option, costs, lack of interest etc etc. Corney stated they wont be here in 10 years - making any long term business plans would be ridiculous. BP/surrounding land gets sold for a good price - They buy some cheaper land and build a cheap stadium with the help of another club, halving the costs. Everyones a winner? The TTA leave us with a club and somewhere to play and they make/re-coup profits/losses....

Simple terms but what i think, They've done their bit, had a go and can sleep easy knowing we still have a club, I think they wanted to take us further - now realise they dont think it's do-able, and for them not to be the bad guys this is best for all???

How I see it - The TTA have decided that the re-development of BP is not a viable option, costs, lack of interest etc etc. Corney stated they wont be here in 10 years - making any long term business plans would be ridiculous. BP/surrounding land gets sold for a good price - They buy some cheaper land and build a cheap stadium with the help of another club, halving the costs. Everyones a winner? The TTA leave us with a club and somewhere to play and they make/re-coup profits/losses....

Simple terms but what i think, They've done their bit, had a go and can sleep easy knowing we still have a club, I think they wanted to take us further - now realise they dont think it's do-able, and for them not to be the bad guys this is best for all???

Buy a basket case club and leave a Mickey Mouse club with a matchbox stadium?

Maybe they are saying the same about us!

At the end of the day, as rummy stated previously, carrying on as we are is not an option.

Why is it unreasonable for TTA to look at all options available to them and discuss them according to their merits.

Obviously a groundshare of anykind in or out of the borough is not the preferred option of many on here, but given that we are still losing approx 500k a year, it is an option and it needs to be looked at and discussed on its merits.

And when it comes down to it, the 'preffered option of the fans' and 'the option that is the most financially viable for the club short and long term' may be two completely different things.

Albeit its only a very basic stadium, I'm sure colchesters only cost them in the region of 14m to build.