Corney asked Rochdale about possible ground share

Why else would 3 succesful business men with no interest or affinity to Oldham bother, as long as they have the best interest of the club I'm happy but we should always know they are not fans, It was a business decision to buy the club - the land we are situated on is the only possesion of any note

Thank god somebody else gets it!!!!!!!!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Franny has sooooooooo much to learn from the Dale lad - the music before & at half time when we played them in the Carling Cup was awesome....proper Indie tunes instead of the utter durge that gets played week in; week out at BP.

The music they play at Spotland is the best I've heard in 20 odd years of going to football grounds.

yes but proble is as i stated on another thread the mounting costs of running a football club in these difficult times needs a solution and dont you think it would make more financial sense to share the burden of stadium maintenance with another club? stadium maintenance is one of the biggest costs for smaller clubs.

as i said before would you rather latics go bust in their own stadium or flourish in a shared one?

I would rather see latics flourish at a revamped boundary park or a new stadium that only we play in

if we can afford to pay (or get the funding) for a new stadium to share with someone, then we can afford to pay to revamp boundary park

or the new main stand at least for now

When I go, the music's usually the last of my worries.

Frannie can play non-stop Lena Zavaroni as long as we win.

A more entertaining match day product might see more people come to the game early, spending more money at Latics.

I would rather see latics flourish at a revamped boundary park or a new stadium that only we play in

if we can afford to pay (or get the funding) for a new stadium to share with someone, then we can afford to pay to revamp boundary park

or the new main stand at least for now

I would rather latics still be playing Man U, Liverpool and Aresnal on a weekly basis....but where not...

Time to look at the reality of our situation my friend....

When I go, the music's usually the last of my worries.

Frannie can play non-stop Lena Zavaroni as long as we win.

Well I like a bit of entertainment as well for my £20...... and seen as it rarely happens on the pitch these days I'm clutching at straws thinking Half time might get me a bit more interested in the matchday experience.

A more entertaining match day product might see more people come to the game early, spending more money at Latics.

I've yet to attend a football ground, here or abroad where the off-field 'entertainment' is in any way entertaining. The best you can say is some is less unbearable than usual.

For everybody who likes one kind of music, there's somebody else who can't stand it. I usually blot out what comes out of the PA as much as I can. What's so good about even your favourite music over a tinny PA with constant interruptions?

I would rather latics still be playing Man U, Liverpool and Aresnal on a weekly basis....but where not...

To be fair, it's another one of those moments where you have to ask yourself...if other clubs in similar towns to Oldham can modernise their stadiums, or build new ones, as well as play in a higher division...

Why does what Oldham gets always have to be inferior?

To be fair, it's another one of those moments where you have to ask yourself...if other clubs in similar towns to Oldham can modernise their stadiums, or build new ones, as well as play in a higher division...

Wish I knew...

How did Bolton fund the Rebook ?

Edited by oafc0000

And in the current economic climate who, exactly, is going to be clamouring to buy the Spotland site?

Plus, half from Rochdale might well be a start, but what about the other half?

Not even you are going to succeed in turning this into a miseryguts thread. If development is stalled because of a shortage of funds, then halving the cost of the development brings it closer. Adding extra assets to the pot of money funding it (ie the whole BP site rather than part + Spotland) brings it closer. Whether it is enough, who knows, but it makes it far far more likely than it seemed yesterday that it could be viable. Isn’t that a good thing? And don’t discount the fact that we would also be buying at the bottom of the market, both land and construction, and the combination of it all might make it more feasible to hold onto at least some of the assets and sell them at a later point.

I've yet to attend a football ground, here or abroad where the off-field 'entertainment' is in any way entertaining. The best you can say is some is less unbearable than usual.

Hartlepool's schoolgirl gymnastics were ace, and worth the entry fee alone*.

Specialities included dancing out of sync and the amazing falling fat kid.

In fact, as far as neutral games go that was an ace one. Some little :censored: was acting up in front of me, being a proper stroppy little git. Oh, how I laughed when the ball sideswiped him (in the face) to the ground. Justice should always be so swift and ruthless.

(My mate used to regale his class at school with this story of the fat kid, he'll have used it to come to some moralistic conclusion. Sadly that went a bit tits up, when he didn't figure that the fat kid was one of his class. Whoops.)

*In a non-peeedo way.

you have missed the important part of my post - if we can afford (or attract the funding) to build a new stadium to share, then why cant we afford (or attract) the funding to revamp Boundary park, or to at least build the new main stand?

you have missed the important part of my post - if we can afford (or attract the funding) to build a new stadium to share, then why cant we afford (or attract) the funding to revamp Boundary park, or to at least build the new main stand?

To be quite frank... The answers are simple ones... If you dont already know the answers then you probably wont ever know... and I cant be arsed and havent got time these days to educate people who havent the ability to run the numbers themselves...

To help you along, the re-development of BP was put at £80 million... It would seem we cant afford that if we are talking to Rochdale...

Because there is more money for land with Boundary Park, than just the land, next to a football stadium.

With this money we may be able to afford to build half a stadium (and then have future lower costs).

Without it, it appears we do not have the money to fund half a stadium (with full running costs at the end).

Not even you are going to succeed in turning this into a miseryguts thread. If development is stalled because of a shortage of funds, then halving the cost of the development brings it closer. Adding extra assets to the pot of money funding it (ie the whole BP site rather than part + Spotland) brings it closer. Whether it is enough, who knows, but it makes it far far more likely than it seemed yesterday that it could be viable. Isn’t that a good thing? And don’t discount the fact that we would also be buying at the bottom of the market, both land and construction, and the combination of it all might make it more feasible to hold onto at least some of the assets and sell them at a later point.

...what he said...

I think it's quite simple really. First there was Sports Park 2000, it had got the go ahead of Council and the Primeministers Office. Was set to go ahead and then BAM a new council got in and vetoed it. The clubs owners at that time couldn't afford to keep the ground, nevermind develop it and as a result it had to be sold. Maybe if we had the right kind of leader ship at the time, something could have been done, but it was evident that we did not have that.

Then Chris Moore came along. Is it unsurprising that we did not develop the ground then.

Once TTA came in, they had to sort out the club and put sizeable funds into buying back the land from the council. They had attempted to develop the ground but this delayed heavily by the council. Then there was the credit crunch.

Did Burnley, Wigan, Bolton etc have these issues????

I'm not trying to turn the thread into anything. Don't you think I've asked valid questions?

If a development stalls, it stalls whether the costs are halved or not. And, as I'm not the only one to ask, if nobody's putting in the money for the BP site now, why are they going to do so just because of any new project for the club elsewhere? Why, in the current economic climate, is anybody going to be beating a path to Rochdale's door to buy the Spotland site? If we have to wait for an economic upturn, why can't we wait to redevelop BP, especially after all the fuss over planning permission?

And what do you mean about 'even this thread?' As if anything concrete's been announced. All we've got is information from another club's website, put up, as they admit, to quash rumours, about something that our own club somehow forgot to announce through its own site despite vaguely hinting at it in the press.

It would make less business sense to 3 blokes that would like to make some money off a business they bought that hasn't been as succesful as they would've liked, As long as we're not screwed over I'll be happy. It is alot about what is best for the TTA - no doubt about it

I'm not trying to turn the thread into anything. Don't you think I've asked valid questions?

If a development stalls, it stalls whether the costs are halved or not. And, as I'm not the only one to ask, if nobody's putting in the money for the BP site now, why are they going to do so just because of any new project for the club elsewhere? Why, in the current economic climate, is anybody going to be beating a path to Rochdale's door to buy the Spotland site? If we have to wait for an economic upturn, why can't we wait to redevelop BP, especially after all the fuss over planning permission?

And what do you mean about 'even this thread?' As if anything concrete's been announced. All we've got is information from another club's website, put up, as they admit, to quash rumours, about something that our own club somehow forgot to announce through its own site despite vaguely hinting at it in the press.

I see it as them just exploring and exhausting all avenues to get the development sooner rather than later...might be a none starter but they should be looking at everything...

IF its a case of share stadium in three years.... or own stadium in six... I would go shared in three...

Like you say, everyday we fall further behind...

Edited by oafc0000

I think it's quite simple really. First there was Sports Park 2000, it had got the go ahead of Council and the Primeministers Office. Was set to go ahead and then BAM a new council got in and vetoed it. The clubs owners at that time couldn't afford to keep the ground, nevermind develop it and as a result it had to be sold. Maybe if we had the right kind of leader ship at the time, something could have been done, but it was evident that we did not have that.

Then Chris Moore came along. Is it unsurprising that we did not develop the ground then.

Once TTA came in, they had to sort out the club and put sizeable funds into buying back the land from the council. They had attempted to develop the ground but this delayed heavily by the council. Then there was the credit crunch.

Did Burnley, Wigan, Bolton etc have these issues????

I don't know what issues they had, but they don't exist in a problem-free zone, that's for sure. None of what you say alters the fact that Oldham always has to have the :censored:ty end of the stick.