Corney asked Rochdale about possible ground share

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thing is after chris moore and ian stott not many latics fans put a lot of trust in anymore.

Y'know sometimes I think we are a bit harsh on Ian Stott, if you read Big Joe's book he sounds like he was a very supportive chairman. I think really the fault lay with the major shareholder of the time Lees brewery who didn't capitalise and invest properly when we were going like a train.

I think that's the case.

A source of no end of scurrilous conspiracy theory about hidden agendas and true motives... :blink:

And as business men it was the first thing they bought when thy came to the club, I'm sure they have grown fond of the club/town and care about our future but i would never be as naive as to know they want to line their own pockets, bottom line. Nothing bad to say about the TTA but that is a fact

Y'know sometimes I think we are a bit harsh on Ian Stott, if you read Big Joe's book he sounds like he was a very supportive chairman. I think really the fault lay with the major shareholder of the time Lees brewery who didn't capitalise and invest properly when we were going like a train.

Gotta agree. Stott always appeared to show concern for the fans, including insisting the Bradford chairman found room for 4 of us ever presents when we were locked out of a 'full' Valley Parade.

Lees on the other hand were only ever concerned about the land that they owned, and missed an opportunity to bolster our chances of staying in the prem, or at least the championship.

And as business men it was the first thing they bought when thy came to the club, I'm sure they have grown fond of the club/town and care about our future but i would never be as naive as to know they want to line their own pockets, bottom line. Nothing bad to say about the TTA but that is a fact

They were completely open about wanting to line their own pockets from the start.

We were happy as long as there was something in it for us.

Fancy saying that with such little knowledge of the scenario. For all you/we know the best site for a move would be in Oldham....

Can't see anything happening for years anyway - we're Latics ffs.

My point is I hope they do what's right - whatever that is...