Corney asked Rochdale about possible ground share

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere yesterday that Simon Blitz had come out and said he had heard nothing about any ground share yesterday.. Surely he would be involved/informed of such discussions

He said "it was a pipe dream and would probably never happen".... aka... Watch this space...

Early stages but certainly not dismissing the idea - to me this seems a real possibility

Not sure how I feel about it either, not sure I want to share a ground tbh.....From a selfish veiw It would mean more resheduling of matches for mid week due to clashes etc and living in London thats no good for me I can only get up on a saturday...

I guess we would still have blue seats though, no clash with colours.

well if something does come of it i think everybody could benefit, both clubs share the cost of maintaining a stadium, if they build a new stadium it wont be that far away from the current one (it takes about 10 mins to get from BP to spotland so somewhere in between aint bad)

if both clubs share the cost of maintaining a stadium then both clubs would get a great financial boost because maintaining the stadium is one of the major costs of a football club

Early stages but certainly not dismissing the idea - to me this seems a real possibility

I am getting suspicious now about why footy68 has twice referred to the site off Kingsway :dedhrse: Does he know something? I can't imagine it would be possible that many places which are in between the two, with most of it being either built up already or farmland that you would never be allowed to put a big stadium on.

i would be in favour of sharing with another f/ball club. Would probably mean that the Rugby would have to find somewhere else, which would not be a bad idea as the pitch is a mess for the last month or so of the season

i would be in favour of sharing with another f/ball club. Would probably mean that the Rugby would have to find somewhere else, which would not be a bad idea as the pitch is a mess for the last month or so of the season

aye but i do feel sorry for them, i would hope they could find someone who could give them a permanent residence, somewhere where they can build their own future

I am getting suspicious now about why footy68 has twice referred to the site off Kingsway :dedhrse: Does he know something? I can't imagine it would be possible that many places which are in between the two, with most of it being either built up already or farmland that you would never be allowed to put a big stadium on.

but isn't that in rochdale and not oldham?

.... well let's hope so, I can't see many pitches being able to take 2 football clubs and 2 rugby clubs on the same pitch. Ours currently can't take half that usage.

I think its a promising idea. I dont really have a problem with sharing a new ground, built for this purpose, and if it means both clubs can cut costs and play in a modern stadium i think this could be a good thing. Who knows if it does go ahead and works we could set a trend for others to follow.

.... well let's hope so, I can't see many pitches being able to take 2 football clubs and 2 rugby clubs on the same pitch. Ours currently can't take half that usage.

I've heard a rumour that the rugby team actually deliberately damage the pitch at BP more than they need to.