Corney asked Rochdale about possible ground share

Rochdale say Corney contacted them, Corney In the MEN says that he was contacted by another club. Not that it matters to much but I wish clubs would just be upfront with fans

corney said the same on latics world, about a struggling club, i know times are hard but i wouldnt describe rochdale like that, they always seem like a well run stable club.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rochdale say Corney contacted them, Corney In the MEN says that he was contacted by another club. Not that it matters to much but I wish clubs would just be upfront with fans

Maybe both true? I could well imagine that Stockport will have been looking at all sorts of options in recent moneths, maybe it's even where Mr C started thinking seriously about it?

If redeveloping BP was dependent for cash on the land deal and housing, where is the money for this project going to come from?

Would imagine for a kick off, if a new stadium was built, then the whole of the BP site would be sold and not just the surrounding areas, and also, if we were building a new ground to share with another team would imagine they would have to cough up their share?

Would imagine for a kick off, if a new stadium was built, then the whole of the BP site would be sold and not just the surrounding areas, and also, if we were building a new ground to share with another team would imagine they would have to cough up their share?

Yeah but nobody what's to buy even part of it at the moment, never mind all of it!

Yeah but nobody what's to buy even part of it at the moment, never mind all of it!

That's what puzzles me. If redeveloping BP depends on waiting for the economy, and more specifically the housing market, to revive, why not just stay at BP?

The only way a move seems to make sense is if funding comes from elsewhere, surely?

If redeveloping BP was dependent for cash on the land deal and housing, where is the money for this project going to come from?

Half of it from Rochdale would be a start wouldn't it?

i think this would be great for both clubs GREEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT do it do it noooooow if we do the ground share new stand to be built near junction 21 m62 shaw turn off lots of land there

As if normal people would go there though

That's what puzzles me. If redeveloping BP depends on waiting for the economy, and more specifically the housing market, to revive, why not just stay at BP?

The only way a move seems to make sense is if funding comes from elsewhere, surely?

well it seems that rochdale hospital is closing and moving everything to oldham hospital and it seems oldham hospital is ready to develop to cope with the influx of new patients, i think the government could be interested in striking a deal to secure the land for the hospital?

so SC only bought oldham for the land :grin:

Why else would 3 succesful business men with no interest or affinity to Oldham bother, as long as they have the best interest of the club I'm happy but we should always know they are not fans, It was a business decision to buy the club - the land we are situated on is the only possesion of any note

Boundary Park's between Oldham and Rochdale :grin:

they can share our ground if we can share there DJ.

Here here that man!!

Our Franny has sooooooooo much to learn from the Dale lad - the music before & at half time when we played them in the Carling Cup was awesome....proper Indie tunes instead of the utter durge that gets played week in; week out at BP.

Regarding the ground share, it makes perfect financial sense to share with Dale; but it would need a lot of planning to sort out & make it happen.

Here here that man!!

Our Franny has sooooooooo much to learn from the Dale lad - the music before & at half time when we played them in the Carling Cup was awesome....proper Indie tunes instead of the utter durge that gets played week in; week out at BP.

Regarding the ground share, it makes perfect financial sense to share with Dale; but it would need a lot of planning to sort out & make it happen.

agree it will take full co operation between both clubs to pull it off, both will have to give and take respectively, and i cant see how the council can oppose this, there will be less traffic in the area near the hospital, and the land will be available so that the oldham hospital can develop as i said earlier, rochdale hospital is looking like its going to close and send its patients to oldham, so that bit of land could be ideal for them to develop

BINGO!!

yes but proble is as i stated on another thread the mounting costs of running a football club in these difficult times needs a solution and dont you think it would make more financial sense to share the burden of stadium maintenance with another club? stadium maintenance is one of the biggest costs for smaller clubs.

as i said before would you rather latics go bust in their own stadium or flourish in a shared one?