BLUES boss Mick Wadsworth is lining up Uruguayan-born striker Fabian Yantorno as his next signing.

The 26-year-old forward is due to fly into Britain tonight with his representative and is keen to play for Chester City after talks with Wadsworth.

Yantorno, who played for Wadsworth when he was caretaker boss at Scottish club Gretna last year, is described by Wadsworth as 'a fantastic talent'.

Wadsworth said: "Fabian is a former Uruguayan under 21 international and I'm really excited about the prospect of him playing for Chester City.

"He had a marvellous first half to the season with Gretna in the Scottish Premier League while I was there and attracted interest from Rangers and Celtic who were both chasing his signature.

"Unfortunately, Fabian picked up a bad knee injury at Christmas time that season and was ruled out of action for the rest of the campaign.

"It took him a year to get over the injury, but he played for Scottish League club Hibernian last season, and he was looking at plans to play in Mexico, but I know he is desperate to come and play in Britain again.

"I feel very fortunate that I was able to speak to him and that he was willing to come across and play for Chester.

"He's a fantastic talent and I know he was a real crowd pleaser and crowd favourite when he was playing for Gretna.

"I think he would score goals as well as make goals with Chester and I know he would do well at this level of football.

"I'm excited about the prospect of him forging a goalscoring partnership with Gregg Blundell, but we've also got young striker Lloyd Ellams who I have been impressed with in training, and another striker signing is a possibility.

"I said when I arrived that one of my priorities was to sign a striker and I think we are now making great strides to assemble a squad of players.

"Obviously the budget is limited and I know I can't keep adding players ad infinitum, but we're getting there and I'm trying to keep everyone informed of our progress.

"The possibility of signing someone like Fabian Yantorno is really exciting news for everyone at Chester."

Montevideo-born Yantorno started his career at Uruguayan Division One club, Miramar Misiones, before moving to Gretna who released him after he picked up his serious knee injury.

Hibernian signed him on a two-year contract in August 2008 after offering him the use of their medical and training facilities, but he struggled to secure a place in their first team, and was loaned to Hamilton Academical for the remainder of the season, but the deal was cancelled as Hamilton had already signed senior player, Paul McGowan, on loan and were unable to sign Yantorno on loan.

Yantorno failed to feature for Hibs after that, and the club declined their option to extend his contract.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

And Delmar Phillips

Honestly Razza, what are you on about?

It was proved that Delmar was a made up player... no such Left winger ever existed, or indeed had any type of trial with Oldham Athletic Football Club.

Unlike Jarko.... sweet Jarko... :disappointed:

Honestly Razza, what are you on about?

It was proved that Delmar was a made up player... no such Left winger ever existed, or indeed had any type of trial with Oldham Athletic Football Club.

Unlike Jarko.... sweet Jarko... :disappointed:

I saw him at Bradford though :blink: im sure I did ,,.... didnt I ? :unsure:

Edited by razza699

BLUES boss Mick Wadsworth is lining up Uruguayan-born striker Fabian Yantorno as his next signing.

The 26-year-old forward is due to fly into Britain tonight with his representative and is keen to play for Chester City after talks with Wadsworth.

Yantorno, who played for Wadsworth when he was caretaker boss at Scottish club Gretna last year, is described by Wadsworth as 'a fantastic talent'.

Wadsworth said: "Fabian is a former Uruguayan under 21 international and I'm really excited about the prospect of him playing for Chester City.

"He had a marvellous first half to the season with Gretna in the Scottish Premier League while I was there and attracted interest from Rangers and Celtic who were both chasing his signature.

"Unfortunately, Fabian picked up a bad knee injury at Christmas time that season and was ruled out of action for the rest of the campaign.

"It took him a year to get over the injury, but he played for Scottish League club Hibernian last season, and he was looking at plans to play in Mexico, but I know he is desperate to come and play in Britain again.

"I feel very fortunate that I was able to speak to him and that he was willing to come across and play for Chester.

"He's a fantastic talent and I know he was a real crowd pleaser and crowd favourite when he was playing for Gretna.

"I think he would score goals as well as make goals with Chester and I know he would do well at this level of football.

"I'm excited about the prospect of him forging a goalscoring partnership with Gregg Blundell, but we've also got young striker Lloyd Ellams who I have been impressed with in training, and another striker signing is a possibility.

"I said when I arrived that one of my priorities was to sign a striker and I think we are now making great strides to assemble a squad of players.

"Obviously the budget is limited and I know I can't keep adding players ad infinitum, but we're getting there and I'm trying to keep everyone informed of our progress.

"The possibility of signing someone like Fabian Yantorno is really exciting news for everyone at Chester."

Montevideo-born Yantorno started his career at Uruguayan Division One club, Miramar Misiones, before moving to Gretna who released him after he picked up his serious knee injury.

Hibernian signed him on a two-year contract in August 2008 after offering him the use of their medical and training facilities, but he struggled to secure a place in their first team, and was loaned to Hamilton Academical for the remainder of the season, but the deal was cancelled as Hamilton had already signed senior player, Paul McGowan, on loan and were unable to sign Yantorno on loan.

Yantorno failed to feature for Hibs after that, and the club declined their option to extend his contract.

If he's such a fantastic talent then why the hell is he considering a move in to non-league football!!!

I reckon he might have been another Shez 'wonder' signing we have got away with!!!

If he's such a fantastic talent then why the hell is he considering a move in to non-league football!!!

I reckon he might have been another Shez 'wonder' signing we have got away with!!!

Not come back from his injury well. Otherwise i suspect he may have been going somewhere better than us - well, stopping at Hibs.

As for Shez 'wonder signing' comment. I would say he was fair in this, but any stick nowadays isn't it? The fact is on a :censored: budget (until someone signed Windass) he had players that had us sniffing around the playoffs three years running.

Not come back from his injury well. Otherwise i suspect he may have been going somewhere better than us - well, stopping at Hibs.

As for Shez 'wonder signing' comment. I would say he was fair in this, but any stick nowadays isn't it? The fact is on a :censored: budget (until someone signed Windass) he had players that had us sniffing around the playoffs three years running.

For christ's sake he didn't have a :censored: budget......Not the best but by no means the worst!!!!!

His signings were mainly like for like and in the end his team was no better than the one he started with!

I'm not going over old ground but TTA gave him fantastic backing!!!

For christ's sake he didn't have a :censored: budget......Not the best but by no means the worst!!!!!

His signings were mainly like for like and in the end his team was no better than the one he started with!

I'm not going over old ground but TTA gave him fantastic backing!!!

Bollocks they did. They've reported it in the programme itself. He had a nigh on relegation budget.

The team he ended up with, being honest was worse than the one he started with, but it was Rocket Ronnies forte for me.

Bollocks they did. They've reported it in the programme itself. He had a nigh on relegation budget.

The team he ended up with, being honest was worse than the one he started with, but it was Rocket Ronnies forte for me.

You're the one talking Bo*****s !!

We had at least a mid table budget......Northampton,Crewe,Cheltenham,Hereford,Hartlepool,Stockport,Yeovil,Or

ient,Walsall, and Tranmere would all have been behind us financially.

You're the one talking Bo*****s !!

We had at least a mid table budget......Northampton,Crewe,Cheltenham,Hereford,Hartlepool,Stockport,Yeovil,Or

ient,Walsall, and Tranmere would all have been behind us financially.

Okay, that's just me and the official programme. So let's take away that I may not know :censored: (which is quite regular to be honest), is the programme (and Simon Corney, Sheridan himself and the odd player) wrong? Was that talking utter bollocks?

Guest sheridans_world
Okay, that's just me and the official programme. So let's take away that I may not know :censored: (which is quite regular to be honest), is the programme (and Simon Corney, Sheridan himself and the odd player) wrong? Was that talking utter bollocks?

I'd have thought we had a reasonable budget last season, not relegation.

Crossley, Gregan and Lidds will have cost a lot.

Taylor and Eardley both signed new contracts not long ago.

I'm by no means saying we are competing with Leeds, MK Dons, Leicester or Peterborough but we'd have been mid-table.

I've never heard Simon Corney saying we had a near relegation budget........I think there would have been more money made available to spend last season but the real reason was they couldn't trust Sheridan to spend it wisely.

One thing is for certain, regardless of our attendances.....TTA have always backed their managers in the transfer market!

I'd have thought we had a reasonable budget last season, not relegation.

Crossley, Gregan and Lidds will have cost a lot.

Taylor and Eardley both signed new contracts not long ago.

I'm by no means saying we are competing with Leeds, MK Dons, Leicester or Peterborough but we'd have been mid-table.

Right, all I'm saying is that before Windass' arrival it was reported by one of the chairmen of the club in the official programme that we had (I think it was, if not it wasn't far off) the fourth worst budget in the division, which is relegation money when four go down. Not what I think.

I've never heard Simon Corney saying we had a near relegation budget........I think there would have been more money made available to spend last season but the real reason was they couldn't trust Sheridan to spend it wisely.

One thing is for certain, regardless of our attendances.....TTA have always backed their managers in the transfer market!

I'll agree that they have given backing that is beyond what is expected, and I welcome it.

I'll not agree with certain bashing of a manager who was a decent young manager which didn't work out. He had bad signings, and good ones too. He was learning his trade. We weren't patient enough to let it happen hear, which is fair enough. We now have a ready prepared one in Penney.

I'll agree that they have given backing that is beyond what is expected, and I welcome it.

I'll not agree with certain bashing of a manager who was a decent young manager which didn't work out. He had bad signings, and good ones too. He was learning his trade. We weren't patient enough to let it happen hear, which is fair enough. We now have a ready prepared one in Penney.

We weren't patient enough to let it happen???......He had more than enough time. When Shez was sacked the team were in absolute turmoil and in my opinion TTA had absolutely no alternative but to do what they did.

Yes, he might well have been learning his trade but for me he was on a slippery slope and like you yourself said, after nearly three years of 'learning' he had a poorer team at the end.

You say a decent young manager that didn't work out......Just which area of his management skills were decent?

If he hadn't been such a legend for us as a player he would have been hounded out by the fans a lot earlier.

A great player, probably a decent coach, but a manager he quite clearly isn't!!!

Just which area of his management skills were decent?

Results. Given his budget, results.

He wasn't great, he wasn't poor. What will happen with him I don't know. But to ridicule his tenure is poor form. We had good times amongst the poor. Of course the poor ones were at the end, they always are.

Results. Given his budget, results.

He wasn't great, he wasn't poor. What will happen with him I don't know. But to ridicule his tenure is poor form. We had good times amongst the poor. Of course the poor ones were at the end, they always are.

I'm not ridiculing his tenure at all but I just don't think he has the natural skills needed to become a good manager.

Whether he can learn from his experience is open to question as I don't think man management can be taught, however, it might improve with time.

I'm not ridiculing his tenure at all but I just don't think he has the natural skills needed to become a good manager.

Whether he can learn from his experience is open to question as I don't think man management can be taught, however, it might improve with time.

I still maintain that I have seen the best football since the pinch me days under Shez, including the days under the wasteful spending of the Davros/C Moore era. Wherever it went wrong after the New Year of the play off season is I fear where it went wrong this year as well, we didn't have a squad that could stick it through for a whole season, and Shez has to hold his hands up to that. He is far from the worst we have had anyway.