Eardley to Blackpool ?

If anything, we could argue he is worth more than taylor

The guy is a full international. Bidding starts at 750k imo

I think it would take around £500,000 to start seriously considering, but I don't think by having a cap we can argue he is worth more than taylor.

Caps aside, if both Taylor and Eardley were valued against each other, Taylor would come out on top by a hell of a lot. Granted, Eardley's status of being a full welsh international does add to his value without a doubt, but I still don't think at the end of the day it effects that much value wise.

And yeah, it is one more cap than Taylor, but certainly a cap Taylor would have got. It's not like he had a say in his birthing place :wink:

I think it would take around £500,000 to start seriously considering, but I don't think by having a cap we can argue he is worth more than taylor.

Caps aside, if both Taylor and Eardley were valued against each other, Taylor would come out on top by a hell of a lot. Granted, Eardley's status of being a full welsh international does add to his value without a doubt, but I still don't think at the end of the day it effects that much value wise.

And yeah, it is one more cap than Taylor, but certainly a cap Taylor would have got. It's not like he had a say in his birthing place :wink:

On what grounds would Taylor be worth "a hell of a lot more"? Take a look at the guy with an impartial eye, and you'll see a young winger with a bit of pace but who isn't a speed-merchant, who can put in dangerous deliveries but does it too infrequently, who scored a few goals last year but up until then had been starved for goals and finally you should recognise that for the last half of last year he was poor. Whatever the reason, his performances were not great.

Taylor has a great advantage that his dribbling and pace with the ball is excellent, but he is a long way from the finished article and the only reason he'd be worth more would be that attackers attract high values.

Eardley is unbelievably under-rated by some of the posters on this thread. Where the hell are we going to find a comparable player for 250k? The guy is "only a Welsh international"? He can't exactly play for Brazil when he's from Llandudno...

Seriously people - get a grip. Eardley is the most complete young player I have seen us produce, and he will go on to bigger and better things. His appearances, caps and ability would be sold by no club for less than half a million, and if we even consider that - reflecting that Wrexham get 20% apparently - we should be looking at a sell-on clause on top and appearance related add-ons. The lad made the team of the year, and yet some people think Lomax is an adequate replacement? Staggering...

On what grounds would Taylor be worth "a hell of a lot more"? Take a look at the guy with an impartial eye, and you'll see a young winger with a bit of pace but who isn't a speed-merchant, who can put in dangerous deliveries but does it too infrequently, who scored a few goals last year but up until then had been starved for goals and finally you should recognise that for the last half of last year he was poor. Whatever the reason, his performances were not great.

Taylor has a great advantage that his dribbling and pace with the ball is excellent, but he is a long way from the finished article and the only reason he'd be worth more would be that attackers attract high values.

Eardley is unbelievably under-rated by some of the posters on this thread. Where the hell are we going to find a comparable player for 250k? The guy is "only a Welsh international"? He can't exactly play for Brazil when he's from Llandudno...

Seriously people - get a grip. Eardley is the most complete young player I have seen us produce, and he will go on to bigger and better things. His appearances, caps and ability would be sold by no club for less than half a million, and if we even consider that - reflecting that Wrexham get 20% apparently - we should be looking at a sell-on clause on top and appearance related add-ons. The lad made the team of the year, and yet some people think Lomax is an adequate replacement? Staggering...

Its all down toopinion. I think Taylor has greater potential and natural talent over Eardley and is more consistent. My opinion of it. I'm not asking you to agree with it.

I'm just not buying the international cap should add lots on to a value. On the same cloth, perhaps we have let Rodney Jack go through the net with that St Vincent and the Grenadines cap? Yes granted, a cap adds value to a player, but not to the massive extent as said. I'm also not saying he is a bad player, but I am saying I would value Taylor alot more. As for a complete player, I think Eardley is far from this.

I agree with daniel8157 - anything between £500k and £700k. Anything above that I would snap their hands off.

Edited by ste1987

Good post De La Vega.

The fact is current Welsh internationals are going for big money, so there is a yardstick to measure.

A yardstick yes, but wouldn't what Latics/3rd Division players go for be a better one?

Playing for Wales doesn't make him as good/valuable as their other players. He's the best they have got (the best of a bad bunch :wink: ) when others are injured, that's why he plays. His value remains unaffected being at whatever any other club would be prepared to pay for him, which is unlikely to differ on the back of him standing in for somebody in a third-rate international side. Simple as that.

I'd sell Eardley at £500k (although I would quietly hope to get more). Why? Because if we had that much to spend I wouldn't spend it on him.....

How is Eardley possibly a complete young player when he can't even clear the ball without kicking it out of play? I thought he was poor last season apart from a handful of games and if anyone seriously believes that he is worth more than Taylor then you must be mad! If someone offered 500K for him i would snap their hand off there and then.

How is Eardley possibly a complete young player when he can't even clear the ball without kicking it out of play? I thought he was poor last season apart from a handful of games and if anyone seriously believes that he is worth more than Taylor then you must be mad! If someone offered 500K for him i would snap their hand off there and then.

One thing that has been missed is that Eards is out of contract at the end of the season, surely this may have an effect on his perceived value even though he is under 24. If he went for £200k it would be very disappointing and going against our young, hungry playing staff ethos. Howeve,r the story is in the Daily Mirror and therefore complete bollocks!

Great post de la vega!

I too rate Eardley as our most complete young player and think out of all of them he will go on to do the best. I sometimes think with the amount of s**t he gets from our fans a move is just what he needs to push on. Of course I would rather see him do that here.

If Eardley goes for 250k I would be very dissapointed and wouldnt expect Taylor to go for much more if that is the case.

No its just the papers again, everytime a team sells one of its players, immediately a decent one in the league below are "tipped" to move to them,

and for 200,000 for a player on the team of the year last season and with international caps at a young age?

yes ok that seems right :unsure:

truth is fellas everytime someone in championship sells a winger taylor is going to be linked with them, everytime a team in championship sells a full back eardley is going to be linked with them.

If we got a fee of £500,000 (including "sell on" and "after appearances" clauses) for Neal Trotman after only starting 18 league games I would hope for at least 750,000 for eardley with a contract jam packed with clauses

Can't see us selling for less than 500,000 with add ons applenty, or 750,ooo with less sell ons.

As for who's better Taylor or Eardley...can't people say they're both good? The way people go on you'd think he plays for someone else!!

They're in the same team and made the Team of the year and fans still don't rate him? Obviously his peers in the footballing world rate him and I'm sure they know more about playing football than many of us on here.

I think Eardley is more accomplished in his position than Taylor is, because Taylor has played soo many positions over the time (right wing, left wing, up front, left back etc) that his development has been more rounded rather than whats required for a certain position.