Eardley to Blackpool ?

Todays Mirror - Blackpool have sold Barker 900k and want to replace him with Eardley for 200k :grin:

How much 500k and accept? Lomax/Purdie to play rightback and sign a decent striker Andy Bishop..

Start the bidding at 1/2M and see what happens....... ex Rochdale striker Glen Murray could come in from Brighton for about £200,000 as they've just signed Dickinson.......I reckon it could be a done deal!!!!

A 21yo right full back at Crewe (who they signed from non league) with only 34 league games under his belt is expected to fetch £500,000 acording to today''s Daily Mirror...it doesn't add up to me when Eardley is a full International with over 100 league appearances.

Chris Gunter who plays the same posistion and has a similar amount of international caps went to Spurs for somewhere around £3 million, he was playing in the championship for a bigger club but still I think the absolute minimum we should be after is 750K.

It's not like he's a full international for spain or brazil though. It's only wales! I can't really see how he could be worth more than taylor tbh

Its only Wales yes , however its 1 more international cap than Taylor will ever get

Because Taylor is English. If Eardley was English, would he be a full international? Simple answer, no he wouldn't. Whereas if Taylor was Welsh, would he be a full international? I think he would!

No he wouldnt but even if he was an Hawaii international it would still add to his price , at the end of the day an international cap is an international cap no matter who you get it for

Edited by razza699

No he wouldnt but even if he was an Hawaii international it would still add to his price , at the end of the day an international cap is an international cap no matter who you get it for

Come off it Razza - a player's value is nothing to do with how many caps he has got. Sure, it may highlight a valuable player/attract interest....but any player is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay! Cliche but true....

Its only Wales yes , however its 1 more international cap than Taylor will ever get

So you anticipate Taylor to earn a handfull of England caps? :wink:

I think that we would sell for £200K, especially as he isn't an automatic starter for us. It also depends how Penney rates him.

No chance. Whether Penny rates hinm or not we should hold out for as much as possible. I wold say £750,000 at least like most people

Come off it Razza - a player's value is nothing to do with how many caps he has got. Sure, it may highlight a valuable player/attract interest....but any player is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay! Cliche but true....

So you anticipate Taylor to earn a handfull of England caps? :wink:

I see your point but I just think say they where both valued at £250,000 for arguments sake I just feel people would be more willing to pay more for Earldey as he has international caps .

Oh and yes if Stuart Downing can get in the England team so can Taylor :) World cup 2010 Taylor will be our left winger.......... :wink:

The fact is current Welsh internationals are going for big money, so there is a yardstick to measure.

Not sure which players you have in mind, but even so isn't that more a reflection of the individual players than their nationality?